Post good DIY kit deals here:-

Last edited:
Some pointer for this thread :

Include designer groupbuy kit options: many designers in DIYAUDIO,pinkfish media offer kits​
AMP and dac are not only items .. we need kits as well PCB links for​
a)
Well respected regulators/clocks for dac/amp like teddy etc​
b)
Other hardware kits
attenuator kit
RCA plug kit,
speaker wire+plugs kit,
solder kit, Al cabinet kit,
front panels
Aluminum knob kit[say set of 3],​
There should be a thread for local Audiophile DIY supply
Eg . Toroidals : shopname
Cabinets : ..​
With URL Some basic specs if you can include that will be good
DAC chip : WM87xx
Interfaces : USB/SPDIF
Or
RMS power: 100W
Does not include: Power supply,heatsinks​

I put together a Hypex 400HG stereo amp last weekend in just a couple of hours. I have been listening to it all of this week at work connected directly to my macbook and it sounds fantastic. Can't wait to put it in a box and take it home for a proper listen.

lucky man! you can listen to your stereo at work!
Pls share more details about the build - where did you get the kit, casing etc. Some pics will help

I have a pair of really old B&O speakers which I got as a hand me down from my ex boss many years ago which serves me well at work :)

I picked up the Hypex kit on my trip to Singapore a few months ago from a chap who never got started with the project and sold it to me brand new sealed boxes :)

I paid around 30K INR for the Hypex Amp modules, Power Supply module and Softstart. Added a 500VA Toroid Transformer an old HTPC cabinet I had from many years ago to box it in. Finally, I need to add a Front Panel with an LED light, Holes in the back panel for XLR connectors, Speaker Binding post and power socket and switch and tidy up the internal wiring. Then take it home for a "proper" listen :)

Here are some pics of the unfinished amp.

P1011854.jpg

P1011853.jpg

Last edited:
Surrealistix

I've also got the Hypex though mine is 5 channel for HT.I'm using the UcD 180 and it sound very nice indeed. Its a really easy kit to put together. Definitely recommended.

IR design Class D amp kit L15D Digital Audio amplifier board IRS2092 IRFI4019H | eBay

Original thread IRS2092 (IRAUDAMP7S) + IRFI4019 - diyAudio

We can also run a GB for above kit with better quality components.

Regards,
Sachin

I might be interested. any rough idea on the pricing. what about the ps and protection/soft start etc.
This is the same chip on which classdaudio amps are based right?
Went through the thread, didnt find any listening impressions.

If this amp doesnt work out, can we start a GB on some good amp. I could use a good amp for both my systems. One about 40-50 watts for desktop use to replace tp20, Another about 100-150w into 8 ohms for mains. Either should be able to support 4 ohm spkrs. I can only do one of these at present due to budget constraints.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back