Post good DIY kit deals here:-

I might be interested. any rough idea on the pricing. what about the ps and protection/soft start etc.
This is the same chip on which classdaudio amps are based right?
Went through the thread, didnt find any listening impressions.

If this amp doesnt work out, can we start a GB on some good amp. I could use a good amp for both my systems. One about 40-50 watts for desktop use to replace tp20, Another about 100-150w into 8 ohms for mains. Either should be able to support 4 ohm spkrs. I can only do one of these at present due to budget constraints.

This is same amp as Classaudio all are based on International Rectifier design(IRS) You can read more here International Rectifier - Audio Reference Design Kits
I am thinking of IRAUDAMP7S https://ec.irf.com/v6/en/US/adirect...domSendTo=byID&domProductQueryName=IRAUDAMP7S
I don't know the budget but I think it should be at par with LJM kit(price) with better components.I also have a budget constrain else Pass F5 is very tempting.

Regards,
Sachin

Same thing is available from kiransales of mumbai. send a mail to [email protected]. I just got a quote, for 10 pieces, 70 bucks a pop and for 100 it drops to 60.
He might have a minimum order for shipping. last time I had gotten some cables and neutrik connectors shipped to b'lore.

IR design Class D amp kit L15D Digital Audio amplifier board IRS2092 IRFI4019H | eBay

Original thread IRS2092 (IRAUDAMP7S) + IRFI4019 - diyAudio

We can also run a GB for above kit with better quality components.

Regards,
Sachin

Saw the ebay links for l15, l20 and l25 kits. there is not much of a prices difference in the unassembled kits. all are around 45 $ including shipping for 2 channels. Thats a smoking hot deal. You can get around 250W into 8 ohms for 2500/- + trafo, psu and cab:D

So since we are doing a pass gb, is this one ruled out?

Is the LJM design using different pcbs than whats posted (gerbers) on IR site as a reference design or is it using a different pcb. If I go for any of these kits in unassembled form, I would like to upgrade atleast some key components with better ones. Could someone please comment on the pcb quality by looking at it or reading the description.

L25D 2 channel kit, unassembled, 250w into 8 ohms - 45$ incl ship.

L25D 250W+250W 8ohm IRS2092 IRFB4020PBF Class D LJM | eBay

L20D

2Pcs L20 350W+350W Audio power amplifier Kit | eBay

L15D
300W IRS2092 IRFI4019H IRAUDAMP7S Amplifier kit L15D | eBay

I know you like it a lot but for him to consider importing, he must have been very impressed with it. :clapping:

Not sure about the quality of the amp linked; just because he was pretty impressed with my amp that he is considering to buy it.

When I made the amp initially and powered it with a puny trafo, the base response was not up to the mark. Since he had seen many subs with class D amps, he took my and amp (with the puny trafo) and was disappointed with the driving power of the amp.

After I risked a bit of money and acquired the R core, the amp has transformed into a different beast, literally speaking.

That reminds me, I need to update my Class D thread. Just awaiting the cabinet from Magma.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back