Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Latest addition to my bookshelf collection
Dynaudio Emit M20 .

Looking great man. Those Concept 20 look miniature. Will you be planning some kind of isolation or stands for these? I think Mayank had the stands part of the package, no?

MaSh

Looking great man. Those Concept 20 look miniature. Will you be planning some kind of isolation or stands for these? I think Mayank had the stands part of the package, no?

MaSh

Yup, stands were shipped seperately so expecting them to arrive today or tomorrow.

Yup the concept 20 literally look miniature now. I had satellite speakers before this so Concept 20s looked huge initially but now sizewise it feels so David vs the Emit m20 :)

On a sidenote looks like i am heading towards a collection with 20's , Concept 20/Emit m20/ 3020i :D

Last edited:
Yup, stands were shipped seperately so expecting them to arrive today or tomorrow.

Yup the concept 20 literally look miniature now. I had satellite speakers before this so Concept 20s looked huge initially but now sizewise it feels so David vs the Emit m20 :)

On a sidenote looks like i am heading towards a collection with 20's , Concept 20/Emit m20/ 3020i :D
In

:eek:
, you must have some guts. ;)

Sennheiser HD 800 S

Was offered (unimaginable) deal of a lifetime. Just dived in. It is practically new. The foams smell like new car seats
Have been mostly listening to iems (entry to mid-level). HD 800 S took the experience to a whole different level.
Screenshot_20200625-091356__01.jpg

Sennheiser HD 800 S

Was offered (unimaginable) deal of a lifetime. Just dived in. It is practically new. The foams smell like new car seats
Have been mostly listening to iems (entry to mid-level). HD 800 S took the experience to a whole different level.
View attachment 46640

I see amp upgrades coming soon now :D

Got The Rontek Power conditioner, Aviron HTS one.
This is a 7.5kva one, There's a cheaper 2.5kva one as well. The 7.5 kva one has pre programmed delayed switching of outlets. It has 3 (bank1) + 3 (bank2) + 1 ( unfiltered) = 7 Universal Socket outputs at back. 6 Sockets are Linearly filtered, where as one is unfiltered. All Outputs have a 5 second delay in 'switching on' in sequence, starting from Bank 1 onwards. So You can put the power amplifier to the last socket, so its activated last in the sequence. Switch Off is exactly opposite so power amp is switched off first. Pretty Cool option.

No compromise in build quality whatsoever. Comes with a large Plug ( Similar to AC) and adapters won't work. The Thick 2m Power cable is fixed, but can be opted for detachable power cord on request, which they don't encourage technically.
1 unfiltered socket can be used for power amps, (if person doesn't want power conditioner for Power amp) pretty thoughtful. The Blue display shows required parameters like voltage, current etc. The green LEDs light in sequence in correspondence with the socket being switched on.
Have been using it over a month, pretty good in my experience, Reduces the noise floor and instrumental separation was augmented in my listening setup. Also the shoutiness and brightness reduced YMMV. I had issue with first Device, which started giving Ground Loop Alarm, I got it replaced under warranty. Really excellent service support, they confirmed it by pics on phone and arranged for pickup and delivery to Home. Pretty impressive during Covid19 Situation. Ultimately it's 23k (after discounts) well spent.

79B0FB26-B6A6-4A50-85A5-C0FC4E31BA27.jpeg

Quiet a few acquisitions for me in the last month.
i) Stands for my Emit M20. Thanks to @Mayank Shah
ii) Got myself a SVS SB2000 as my 8 inch subwoofer stopped working. Wanted to go for PB2000 but since it was a 13 by 11 room with a bed and other furniture decided against it
iii) Got a nice deal for a Elac FS 57.2 and CA 651 Azur amp so thought of trying out my first floorstanders and surprised how good they sound

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200705-232304_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200705-232304_Gallery.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_20200705-232359_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200705-232359_Gallery.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_20200705-232530_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200705-232530_WhatsApp.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_20200705-232219_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200705-232219_Gallery.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 194
Quiet a few acquisitions for me in the last month.
i) Stands for my Emit M20. Thanks to @Mayank Shah
ii) Got myself a SVS SB2000 as my 8 inch subwoofer stopped working. Wanted to go for PB2000 but since it was a 13 by 11 room with a bed and other furniture decided against it
iii) Got a nice deal for a Elac FS 57.2 and CA 651 Azur amp so thought of trying out my first floorstanders and surprised how good they sound
How are those elacs when paired with Cambridge audio amp? I was talking with the same gentleman regarding these and was in a quandary whether to buy or not. You beat me to it !!

Elacs are paired with my Onkyo TX-SR444 in the living room. Mostly used by parents, on my occasional sessions I find them to have good imaging , instrument separation is good but not as prominent as Concept 20/ M20. The vocals and the lower end seem to be better than what I expected.

The CA Azur 651a seems to present the music with a wider soundstage than the pm6006 but the pm6006 beats it in the mids ( vocals seem more with emotions and texture with the pm6006). Lows quantity is more with the 651a but the pm6006 seems to present bass more tightly. Please note the rooms in which the observations have been made have different layouts.

Last edited:
Any idea if the adhesive damages the wall if you need to take the foam off later?
Ya it'll chip off the paint too.. i would recommend u to paste these foam panels on a cardboard or a cloth and then with the help of nails put it on the wall.. i guess it'll be much less messy that way.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back