Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Lovely. Is the black marantz a Bluray player?

If the Poweramp has side vents then I guess that can go at the bottom, with CD players above it, then the preamp (?) and finally the dac right on top.

MaSh

Marantz CD6005 cd player.
Unfortunately no side vents on the amp... have to arrange a shelf like thing, maybe like this, with legs for support if needed.

1594025375105.jpeg

Finally Norge Concerto Gold 1000 arrived today :p bit of long wait due to transport issues from Mumbai to Bangalore due to COVID19 situation.
Connected my AJ FS52 + Norge & it sings beautifully... i was worried if i need to reconnect my Subwoofer back to stereo 2.1, just in case there is less of those low frequency... but i was wrong its just perfect. So the subwoofer stays connected to Yammy-109 continue to do justice to movie experience ;)

Those highs & mids are perfect, tight bass. Don't have to crank up the volume more that 4 steps on the volume knob for my listening preference.
When I comparing to Marantz PM6005 which i owned earlier found Norge is slightly bright in sound signature than PM6005 which was warm.

Back to long sessions of listing to good music :cool:Norge1.jpgNorge2.jpg

Finally Norge Concerto Gold 1000 arrived today :p bit of long wait due to transport issues from Mumbai to Bangalore due to COVID19 situation.
Connected my AJ FS52 + Norge & it sings beautifully... i was worried if i need to reconnect my Subwoofer back to stereo 2.1, just in case there is less of those low frequency... but i was wrong its just perfect. So the subwoofer stays connected to Yammy-109 continue to do justice to movie experience ;)

Those highs & mids are perfect, tight bass. Don't have to crank up the volume more that 4 steps on the volume knob for my listening preference.
When I comparing to Marantz PM6005 which i owned earlier found Norge is slightly bright in sound signature than PM6005 which was warm.

Back to long sessions of listing to good music :cool:View attachment 47189View attachment 47190
Many congratulations! Good to see the shipments are still being done amidst all the situation. Happy listening :)

Back to long sessions of listing to good music :cool:View attachment 47189View attachment 47190
Congrats! Wishing you many hours of listening pleasure

Hello ,
Happy to inform had purchased Tektons Lore from the US in Jan and shipped same to India.
Was pretty excited to review them however have received one tower / the 10 " driver in a damaged condition .

The items took long time for clearing at Mumbai due to custom Offices closure ( Corona / lockdown) .
I finally got them delivered and hooked it up. Found one of the speakers was not working . The HF driver and the main Eminence woofer did not sing. I opened up and removed the woofer out . Found the magnet of the 10 inch woofer fallen inside the cabinet damaging the crossover.
Have checked the HF driver and its ok .
I am certain this happened at the customs house as they had opened up the boxes. The cabinet is also damaged. There is no damage to the boxes.

My Query - Ref attached pics is there a way to repair it . I have tried to slip the magnet but have failed and the voice coil gets caught up .
Can reconing guys repair the driver.

Kindly advise with your suggestions .
Thanks -

Attachments

• Eminence.jpg
    Eminence.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 75
  • PIC 2.jpg
    PIC 2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 74
Hello ,
Happy to inform had purchased Tektons Lore from the US in Jan and shipped same to India.
Was pretty excited to review them however have received one tower / the 10 " driver in a damaged condition .

The items took long time for clearing at Mumbai due to custom Offices closure ( Corona / lockdown) .
I finally got them delivered and hooked it up. Found one of the speakers was not working . The HF driver was working fine but the main Eminence woofer did not sing. I opened up and removed the woofer out . Found the magnet of the 10 inch woofer fallen inside the cabinet damaging the crossover.
I am certain this happened at the customs house as they had opened up the boxes. The cabinet is also damaged. There is no damage to the boxes.

My Query - Ref attached pics is there a way to repair it . I have tried to slip the magnet but have failed and the voice coil gets caught up .
Can reconing guys repair the driver.

Kindly advise with your suggestions .
Thanks -
If you bought it new, request Eric, he will have a replacement sent.

Happy listening.Add some more photos.( Speakers @ player).

Lovely! My 1st pair of speakers were the Concept 40s with Luxman 505UX...I still miss em :confused:

how are you finding them with the Sudgen? And is that Gungnir I see at the bottom?

Yes. Concept 40s are really nice.. With Sugden, the combination is really engaging and completely non-fatiguing...very musical. I was thinking of parting with them when i hook my turnberry GRs with the Sugden. But mind says to keep them and build a second system around it if possible. Lets see...

Nope. Its an Yggy :).

Yes. Concept 40s are really nice.. With Sugden, the combination is really engaging and completely non-fatiguing...very musical. I was thinking of parting with them when i hook my turnberry GRs with the Sugden. But mind says to keep them and build a second system around it if possible. Lets see...

Nope. Its an Yggy :).

Very very nice setup indeed :)

Another big fan of the concept 40's here :D

Cudnt hold it much longer :)

Upgraded from Topping D10 & Aune x7s to this ...

View attachment 48785

Modi Multibit & The RNHP.

Thanks to @bornfi for the recommendation of RNHP. Excellent amp. pitch black background, very very detailed and natural tone.

I am surprised it is not mentioned/discussed much in this forum.

nice setup... congratulations !

do you plan to continue with the present DAC ?

or maybe add a LPS to your amp ?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back