Power supply, Input, output wrt TVs

Donivlapog

I was hoping all power and input output issues addressed here.

My 1kva Microtek UPS have started giving noise. It is a "Microtek legend 1000" model. The seller does not know why and he had already suggested to change my 600 va to 1 kva and still this issue. 75" tv is a power consuming monster it looks like. So voltage stabilizer is a must. Any inputs pls.

My 55" tv consumes around 200 va alone, so I am assuming a 75" tv will consume around 400 va. That said, a 600 va UPS should do the trick if only tv is hooked to it. An UPS generally makes noise if it is producing a square wave in place of a sine wave. If possible get an APC pure sine wave ups, 600 va should be fine for tv alone.

My 55" tv consumes around 200 va alone, so I am assuming a 75" tv will consume around 400 va. That said, a 600 va UPS should do the trick if only tv is hooked to it. An UPS generally makes noise if it is producing a square wave in place of a sine wave. If possible get an APC pure sine wave ups, 600 va should be fine for tv alone.
APC Back-ups are 'stepped aproximation to sine wave' type. They are not pure sine wave ups. Is my understanding correct? Could you please point me to a pure sine wave ups model from any brand?

Now I have to get the inverter line fixed to the plug i think as this UPS gives a beep sound noise. How annoying it is that upto 65" TV it was silent. My Sony 9300 D had a power bar before going through to the switch board. Was that the reason for the UPS not to squeak? Should I look one for 75" TV?

APC Back-ups are 'stepped aproximation to sine wave' type. They are not pure sine wave ups. Is my understanding correct? Could you please point me to a pure sine wave ups model from any brand?
All Online UPSs are Sive Wave by nature, but they are costly and produce noise due to active Fan cooling. If you are looking for an Offline UPS with Sine Wave output, then here is the one, you can pick.

750va UPS | APC Smart-UPS 750VA USB & Serial 230V | APC 750va UPS | apc estorewale

Hi folks,

I recently bought a Toshiba u79 65 inch tv (consumption 200 watts) along with a Samsung soundbar+woofer (70 watts).

I want to buy a ups for just this setup. Need backup of about 10 mins (till the apartment generator switches on)

Looking for compact option also since its for the living room.

I was thinking of going with basic apc 1000VA ups model (abt 6k). But the customer care folks on their site were suggesting a pure sinewave ups (SUA1000I-IND model costs around 25k).

I wanted to know if we really need to go for pure sinewave? Does the normal (non sinewave) ups damage modern 4k TVs and soundbar ?

The thing with UPS is that, it does not regulate high voltage that much. So go for a higher ampere reading voltage stabilizer that can take a load of the APC ups plus your TV plus soundbar. The calculation according to Ohms law should be around 6 amperes plus stabilizer atleast. Entry level Ups will squeak if it sees much voltage fluctuations and therefore consult an electrician and have them both fixed.

The thing with UPS is that, it does not regulate high voltage that much. So go for a higher ampere reading voltage stabilizer that can take a load of the APC ups plus your TV plus soundbar. The calculation according to Ohms law should be around 6 amperes plus stabilizer atleast. Entry level Ups will squeak if it sees much voltage fluctuations and therefore consult an electrician and have them both fixed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am not well versed with the calculation :).

But regarding UPS, do you know if the TV/soundbar needs a pure sinewave UPS?

Pure sine wave is recommended but high voltage is the mother bummer of all problems. So Voltage stabilizer is more of an issue or the lack of it thereof.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back