Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taal is from Tips. Cannot get the rights

As mentioned earlier we can get rights of songs only from Sony and Saregama list. Two posts earlier I have already listed out the movies in their catalogue. We will not be taking any songs which have already been released on vinyl. Pl stick to recommendations only from that list

Uploading the mail received from Mr.Rajesh of Sony DADC for members info.
Regards
Srinivasan

Dear Mr.Rajesh

Greetings for the day. They were many positive response to this initiative, some felt the 300 numbers is bit large for an initial start up. With response to your mail need few clarifications on the following :

1. Tax percentage 12.5%

2. Can Lps be pressed without digital mastering from Old recordings on Lp / cassette or Reel..Yes

3. Can analogue mastering be done from masters of older recordings at DUM DUM Factory. HMV used to press Vinyl of soundtracks taken from older recordings.... yes

4. Can Lps be ordered other than SAREGAMA,SONY titlesYes

5. Lp Cover design.Need to get design or we can do new design

6. Can an Account be created by your Company for depositing the monies receivable for the order so as to facilitate the deposit of the advance remittance from interested buyers in full to be done for each project.Once the required full payment is received then the Lp project can be kick started from your end. (Yes I can arrange our dealer account who can facilitate the payment)

Final song list of Best of Rahman will be

4 songs from Saathiya - Saathiya, Ae Udi Udi, Chupke Se, Humdum Soniyo Re
2 from Meenaxi - Do Kadam, Yeh Rishta
2 from Thakshak - Rang De, Khamosh Raat

Srinivasan, pl let's not complicate it. We already have 8 good songs. So why do we need more?

What you can do is probably ask Rajesh to check with Venus or Tips if they are willing to lend their songs for a Best Of Rahman album?

If they do it will be a 2 album set. Tips has Taal, Rangeela, Daud, Legend of Bhagat Singh. Venus has Dil SE, Pukar, Yuva

Last edited:
Ok prem first let us do with what is availbale within our reach. Lets make volume 2 of a r rehmaan from other labels and lets check with sony if they can do, if positive then we shall take the pre order based on their confirmations.

Regards
Srinivasan.M

Last edited:
Srinivasan, it's your baby.:)

We are all trying to pool in and make it happen

According to me Taal and Dil SE deserve their own separate vinyls

Check if Rajesh can get the rights for these 2 titles

Srinivasan, it's your baby.:)

We are all trying to pool in and make it happen

:thumbsup: Srinivasan If it were not for you this would have never started !

According to me Taal and Dil SE deserve their own separate vinyls
Prem. Even I do agree with this. based on the success of the current program we can try for that as well.

Double LP set sounds drool worthy. If Rangeela, Taal or Dil Se come into play, I would be confused whether to go for the compilation or a single album. Single album would be preferred as it would be an easy transfer compared to compilations.

Sunder, all of what you are saying will be possible at a later date only if we can get the first title out which is Best of A R Rahman

Ok, well. Please proceed. Am eagerly awaiting to see the product by all the effort your team put. All the best. Thank you.

Updated my count 1 each of any Hindi films title. Let me know if my update is wrong in the the sheet

Reactions: arj
Can Lps be ordered other than SAREGAMA,SONY titlesYes
From the above it looks like that tracks from Albums whose rights are owned by others like Venus and Universal can also be added. That's great news.

What you can do is probably ask Rajesh to check with Venus or Tips if they are willing to lend their songs for a Best Of Rahman album?

If they do it will be a 2 album set. Tips has Taal, Rangeela, Daud, Legend of Bhagat Singh. Venus has Dil SE, Pukar, Yuva

Can we not add tracks from Bombay ot it? They are on top of my wish list. :)

From the above it looks like that tracks from Albums whose rights are owned by others like Venus and Universal can also be added. That's great news.

Can we not add tracks from Bombay ot it? They are on top of my wish list. :)

Hey captain, I see your name in the excel but no nos...not sure if you missed putting it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bombay is with Universal. Again out of bounds

Moderator pl close this thread. We have started a new thread specific to Best Of Rahman vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back