Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think investment route is the best, I am willing to commit 30000 to this project we identify three records and a few members invest 10 record each and as said earlier they will sell

my choice would be

Aashiqui 2
Best of AR Rehman
Sajda

:clapping:
I updated this in the right sheet..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NZ9TahTjeCxoiqsFHh7PkTLbF_NPC_o-mRgsLGprDUE/edit?usp=sharing

Title Count
Hare Rama Hare Krishna 27
Best of Sajda Jagjit Lata 48
Best of Ilayraja 30
Best of Rehman 41
Aashiqui 2 28

Last edited:
This is going great. Prem is experienced and knowledgable about all this. I have full faith in him. He is our captain. Let the ship sail. I will choose Prem's selection. That is Best of A. R. Rehman. I am not a fan of Rehman's music. But I will buy 5 if rates are around 800/1000 rs.

Arjun.
Some how in the google sheet; Selection before my name is deleted and there are tons of titles in "Other titles" which I have not selected. Kindly Remove it and add 5 copies of Best of Rehman. Thanks :)

All Aboard Ships Ahoy Do pay attention to the lyrics :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should be able to edit it..I had put a warning just so folks don't accidentally change something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Folks, have gone with only 1 now i.e. best of Rehman. If you are willing to invest in more copies, please go ahead and update it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dear Arj,

I have updated the excel file link on what I want as of now. Please take over and some one seriously talk to SONY DADC for at least a start up print of 300 records of any movies..... lets take 1942 ... or Naunihaal... or any popular movies...

Looks like people just buying more copies just for supporting this initiative at the moment and later may offer to sale in friends circle or any other way. So we may insist Sony/Saregama that they should not release / repress the same album to open market at least for another three years. Hope we have right to insist this because we are bearing the full production cost and they are earning some profit from this for the audio rights.

Just my thought.

Looks like people just buying more copies just for supporting this initiative at the moment and later may offer to sale in friends circle or any other way. So we may insist Sony/Saregama that they should not release / repress the same album to open market at least for another three years. Hope we have right to insist this because we are bearing the full production cost and they are earning some profit from this for the audio rights.

Just my thought.
Dear
can't speak of others but I just want vinyls to be popular. That too, not because vinyl is superior (it is not) just want to listen to indian high resolution well pressed vinyl in future. Out of 5 vinyls I may buy I will give 4 at discount. No problem from my side. I am just enjoying coming together of people and team spirit.
Regards.

Sanjeev, are you buying 25 copies of Best of A R Rahman? Just confirming what the google sheet is saying

we may insist Sony/Saregama that they should not release / repress the same album to open market at least for another three years.
I understand your concern and agree but I doubt they will repeat another production run. I heard whatever few titles of modern movies and some old titles they reissued they had trouble selling them. I also understand that most FMs just for the love of vinyl are buying multiple vinyls. Lets hope for the best and everyone is happy.

How much should this run ? There ought to be some time limit to come to conclusion. I see some FMs choice no are not showing. Please do refill them as soon as possible.
Regards.

Please make a fresh spreadsheet with only info on handle, name, email & number of LPcopies of "The Best of Rahman". The existing one has too many columns and people are getting confused and some are mentioning qty of other titles in the last column.

With the new spreadsheet we would be clear that we are pressing only one title at the moment.

I signed up for just 1 copy, though not my cup of tea. These days AR Rahman's recordings are a good example of what is wrong with pop music globally. Small samples copied and pasted on a computer with not much synergy or life in it. The equalization is done assuming small consumer music systems with limited frequency range. Most of the time the voices sound tiny and reedy with no body or texture. Sorry if I offended, please ignore me. I even sent an email to Rahman last year requesting him to do a good job of the Begum Akhtar biopic, that he was supposedly working on. I am a nut :) Good job promoting vinyl folks.
I am doing fine with 30 years of collecting old Indian vinyl pressings, and new Jazz ones from Acousticsounds.com. In fact bollywoodvinyl.in (earlier UK), have some sealed new copies of old Indian pressings.

Tentative song list of Best of Rahman will be

4 songs from Saathiya - Saathiya, Ae Udi Udi, Chupke Se, Humdum Soniyo Re
2 from Delhi 6 - Masakali, Rehna Tu
2 from Meenaxi - Do Kadam, Yeh Rishta or Noor Ul Noor
1 from Thakshak - Rang De
1 from Sapnay - Aawara Bhawara

Am not taking songs from Guru, Jodha, Lagan, Rang De since vinyls of these are released and available

Last edited:
Prem good choices!
I would also choose 'Diya Jale' from Dil Se, as one of the well recorded songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back