Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone contacted dealers like Pritam, Faiz, etc?
Have included my requirement in the sheet.

Hi Prem,
good choice of music you have there. How about including a song or two from movie Bombay.
Thanks.

Mahiruha, Bombay is from Universal. So rights not possible

If we are able to pull this off, will look at Ar Rahman songs from his Tamil films as the next vinyl. Between Saregama and Sony we can have a great collection

Tentative song list of Best of Rahman will be

4 songs from Saathiya - Saathiya, Ae Udi Udi, Chupke Se, Humdum Soniyo Re
2 from Delhi 6 - Masakali, Rehna Tu
2 from Meenaxi - Do Kadam, Yeh Rishta or Noor Ul Noor
1 from Thakshak - Rang De
1 from Sapnay - Aawara Bhawara

Am not taking songs from Guru, Jodha, Lagan, Rang De since vinyls of these are released and available

Nice list - It would be nice to include at least one song from ARR's Hindi Debut - Rangeela, replacing a song from either Saathiya or Sapnay (as they were primarily composed for Tamil and dubbed/re-used).

Ishq ada hai is again a haunting composition with superb string & brilliant vocals... is just about 3 minutes long.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXb8J0WvBGA - another suggestion just in case if the length is to be cut short.

Stumbled upon Sony Music's wiki - I notice that Ranjanaa is the only ARR album from their stable for which Vinyl doesn't exist (Lagaan and Jodha are already released)..

Banarasiya from Ranjanaa is different one to add if we were to consider Sony Music's release as well.

Rangeela is with Tips. Rights not possible.

An error on my part. Delhi 6 would also not be possible. It's with T Series. I thought it was with Sony Music.

Last edited:
New tentative song list of Best of Rahman will be

Ideally only 8 songs can be fitted into one lp.

Prem can we get Khamosh Raat from thakshak ?

Those who have not heard it.. do hear it once https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kVO-EEpksgc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tentative song list of Best of Rahman will be

2 from Delhi 6 - Masakali, Rehna Tu

Am not taking songs from Guru, Jodha, Lagan, Rang De since vinyls of these are released and available

Dil SE is with Venus. Cannot get the rights

Mahiruha, Bombay is from Universal. So rights not possible

I had purchased 2-3 of 'Best of AR Rehman but was unhappy to find that some of the numbers which I consider the best are missing. Now I know why. Is there a way out? Like getting Venus and Universal on board somehow?

No. Its not possible. Tips, T Series, Venus, Universal will not give rights to Sony. We can only select songs from Sony and Saregama catalogue

We must also show the interest to make records of Greatly composed film songs by Great masters: S.D.Burman, Shankar Jaikishan, Madan Mohan, O.P.Naiyar, Salil Chowdhury. We may try to release the Great Albums again. But here I could see the interests mostly on later 80's and 90's film songs. S.D.Burman songs were recorded in fantastic clarity. He paid much attention in recording in his time. So, if the analog source are available of the legends, the result will be exemplary in the new pressings. Please try. Thank you.

Sunder, all of what you are saying will be possible at a later date only if we can get the first title out which is Best of A R Rahman

On Sony we have

Meenaxi
Zubeidaa
Lagan vinyl already released
Rang De Basanti vinyl already released
Guru vinyl already released
Jodha Akbar vinyl already released
Raanjhana
Kisna

Saregama
Saathiya
Jhoota hi Sahi vinyl already released
Sapnay
Thakshak
One Two Ka Four

Last edited:
New song list of Best of Rahman will be

5 songs from Saathiya - Saathiya, Ae Udi Udi, Chupke Se, Humdum Soniyo Re, Chalka
2 from Meenaxi - Do Kadam, Yeh Rishta
2 from Thakshak - Rang De, Khamosh Raat

Will try and fit 10 songs if possible

Just checked duration of songs. They are long. Quite a few songs are 6min plus. Hence need to reduce to 8 songs
Suggest we drop Aawara from Sapnay and Chalka from Saathiya since they appear to be the weakest songs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back