Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would second the suggestion for Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander. Prices for used copies are going through the roof.

A very good initiative on your part Srinivas.Is it possible to bring back all the popular titles?

Thanking you,

pksnathan

I would be interested in this. Not located in India so I hope that there would be an option to take part of overseas. I really like the idea of getting old 78s transferred as the sound quality of some 78s with minimal cleaning is really great. Also - there are many hard to find titles that would be interesting to source. I wonder if a dupe of an original pressing is possible? As tapes cannot be sourced for older soundtracks what are the options? Would SaReGaMa be willing to source best quality original pressings or even take soundtracks from the original film threads? What might be the options? This probably adds to the cost, but it would be an interesting conversation to have.

i would also be interested in buying these LPs.
1942 A Love Story
Masoom
Ghar
JJWH
We will need to find a common sub-set amongst the FMs which can generate the minimum order quantity.

The list will be a never ending one, can we have a Google sheet for updating the list once the cost factor is sorted out?

A very nice initiative. But the analogue format from digital tapes would sure add NO value.

Nevertheless, count me in. Will be interested to see certain releases. Although I possess a NM Ijjajat, I tried last week for a second copy and asked Rs 12,000 by a Kolkata vendor. A Dil Padosi Hai would surely have a warm welcome.

Sourav

Me too wish this dream comes true to our needs of ripping and remastering from old recordings would be a good choice if the company allows.
regards
srinivasan

Pl count me in too; thanks for taking this initiative.
As others mentioned above, pl recheck the source part.

Hi

I happened to mail to SAREGAMA for pre-order or minimum purchase guarantee order for vinyl records.

Mr.Gautam Sarkar of SAREGAMA has reverted to a minimum order of 500 LP per title for new pressing/manufacture. He also said he will connect me to Jojie Mamen of SONY DADC their distribution associate for further details.

Would this be an option for us to get back titles from the 78 rpm era / vinyl and is this also a wise move to bring back vinyl to our listening rooms.

If this happens on positive note i invite members of this forum to participate and help in bringing vinyl resurgence. The titles i requested would be of our choice.
Regards Srinivasan

count me in

Great initiative! As the other FM mentioned, it would be interesting to know how the Vinyls are cut - would they have analog masters or digital? Also, what languages are being currently explored. It would be good to have a list for which we could vote and pick the ones for group buy. If left as an open option, we might not have a consensus that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back