Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been 46 posts including this one. Evidently not all the posts are unique and not all have committed to buy. Even if the choice is unanimous on the titles chosen, how do we reach the minimum order quantity of 300? i presume we require 300 orders for each title demanded.

There have been 46 posts including this one. Evidently not all the posts are unique and not all have committed to buy. Even if the choice is unanimous on the titles chosen, how do we reach the minimum order quantity of 300? i presume we require 300 orders for each title demanded.

Nevertheless, I must add this is a laudable initiative on the part of the OP and hope we will find a way to overcome this problem and take this initiative to its logical conclusion.

Let's do some number crunching - first let's know which are the popular numbers? Many FMs may be willing to buy more than one copy. I myself, would like to buy at least 5 copies of Masoom, Abdulla, Shakti, Navrang, Buddha mil gaya and a few more.

The second issue may be the master copy - if I remember, after the fire in HMV factory, some collectors gave their master copies for reprint and in return, their names were printed on the back of the reprint covers. I remember 2 names - Vinod Sonthalia from Kolkata and Akbar Shah from Delhi. We can still take that route, if practicable. What say?

Absolutely, the crux would be the original masters and not a digital source pressed into an lp and sounding digital .....
I would be very keen to be a part of this initiative. As far as titles go ,almost any well pressed vinyl is worth a listen.
Hope we can revive some good albums on vinyl , even if on a restricted scale.

Can we do a poll and FMs can vote for the LPs they would want to purchase.
We also need to know for an order of 300 LPs , what is the price per LP and time that will be taken for the delivery to happen?

Another gentleman who may be having a good number of Masters, is Mr. Subhash Ghanpule at Pune. Our Pune FMs may be knowing him and perhaps can talk to him as well.

Hi members

Posting the reply mail from Rajesh Menon for Lp pressing. Its time for us to unite and work to get the Lp records of our choice.

Dear srinivasan,

As discussed the cost for the LP with packing delivered at one location will be as follows :-

Saregama :- Rs 650/- + Taxes .300 Minimum qty
Sony Music :- Rs 700/- + Taxes 300 minimum qty

You can select the tracks, if there is master available we will get this done.

Delivery period will be 12 to 14 week from the date of po

Payment Advance.

Regards

Rajesh Menon
Head Business Development
Sony DADC

Regards
Srinivasan.

Unless we locate a distributor it's impossible to be able to sell 300 units on this forum. Maybe someone should speak to Anup Rajpal at NGH or Pritam Music. They are the only guys who may be interested in taking an order of 300 lps. If they come on board it could be a possibility. On titles too we will need to take their advice as only they will know which title can sell 300 copies.

I am proposing

Saathiya from Saregama
Dil Padosi Hai from Saregama
Mirza Ghalib from Saregama
Barfi from Sony

I can also speak to T Series if required and get the same deal
Titles that can be looked at are
Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani
Aashiqui 2
Dil Chahta Hai

My suggestion is to stay away from titles pre 90s as they will not be available and if available will be in bad condition

VMSCBE, what are the taxes?

Since they are looking at generating 2 lakhs per title, check with them if they will do 100 copies at 1500 a copy? Any new English title costs around 2000. So 1500 for a new Hindi or Tamil title may not be a bad deal.

Last edited:
Please choose the tracks in such a way playing time on each side is about 21 - 23 mins and total playing time about 45mins. in order to get good quality.

May be we plan 3 - 5 albums in different genre and target to bring down the cost about Rs. 2000 for the set.

Last edited:
Won't the price shoot up if we bring in a dealer/distributer due to there commercial interests? If it's minimal then ok. I just purchased an LP the mrp was 699 and sold for 1299.

Jmascreen, we basically need 300 copies to be underwritten. HFV members can buy at maybe 750. MRP can be 1200

Watching this thread with keen interest even though I am not a fan of the genre. The challenge is definitely going to be, not the numbers to be stamped but the title or content combinations :) Every fan of music has his very own list and these lists drastically differ from person to person :)

I would suggest to take a poll. And we should go for only those LPs for which the Masters are are available, let's make it clear to both Saregama and Sony. This should be for the titles and copies one needs. For example, I want the following:

Titles No. of LPs required
Masoom 5
Abdulla 5
1942 A Love Story 5
Mirza Ghalib (2 LP set) 5

I may add more later on.

Great initiative. Hope this will somehow work-out. I will be interested in two copies of Mirza Ghalib by Jagjit Singh (2 LP set) if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back