PRICE THREAD - Amplifiers Integrated and Pre/Power Amplifiers

Hi, could anyone let me know if there is any decent amp that I could purchase for Wharfedale 9.1 which would be around 10K to 15K, in Delhi?

Hi, could anyone let me know if there is any decent amp that I could purchase for Wharfedale 9.1 which would be around 10K to 15K, in Delhi?

Wait for BLASTO to come up with his final words for sheerwood stereo amp which is costing 14k. He compared and found sheerwood better than marantz pm5004.

Sherwood 100w/ch @8 Ohms Ax5505 (just 14k) - Good dynamics, great soundstage, great seperation, awesome mid-range clarity. Sound you can easily live with given the price. Not bad at all.

Sold my onkyo AV receiver, wharfedale 10.1, 9cs, SW150 and retained 9.5. Just received my new Cambridge Azur 650A. Hooked to 9.5s through Sony DVD player. Contemplated between Yam AS500 and 650A . Auditioned both. 650A has a good tight bass over AS500 and has more power though it is 70W/C in comparison to AS500 at 85W/C. Detailing is also superior to that of Yam. Paid 27.6K with B & W at my place. Planning for Marantz CD 6003 as none of cambridge CD players play MP3s.

Reg

Sold my onkyo AV receiver, wharfedale 10.1, 9cs, SW150 and retained 9.5. Just received my new Cambridge Azur 650A. Hooked to 9.5s through Sony DVD player. Contemplated between Yam AS500 and 650A . Auditioned both. 650A has a good tight bass over AS500 and has more power though it is 70W/C in comparison to AS500 at 85W/C. Detailing is also superior to that of Yam. Paid 27.6K with B & W at my place. Planning for Marantz CD 6003 as none of cambridge CD players play MP3s.

Reg

Hows the Bass response and vocals clarity with Wharfedale 9.5 s... Since u hav looked upon Cambridge Audio amps,,, did u audition the MS Aviano s?? wat was yr experience,,, or u jus planned to retain yr old 9.5s

Krishna

congratulations on Azur. can you guide me from where you auditioned CA in hyderabad. i wish to own one.

I heard them almost a year back at SBT corporation , Rajbhavan Road. There are two dealers in Hyderabad. SBT Corp and Sound Romm , Banjara Hills. But opresently neither of them keep any stock with them and they get it only on order. I rounded between Azur and AS 500 which are within my budget. Auditioned the latter and decided to go with former, Azur 650A costing 27.6K with B&W and pairing with Marantz CD 5004 costing 15.5K without B&W.
AS 500 IS 22K with B&W.

Regards

Hows the Bass response and vocals clarity with Wharfedale 9.5 s... Since u hav looked upon Cambridge Audio amps,,, did u audition the MS Aviano s?? wat was yr experience,,, or u jus planned to retain yr old 9.5s

Bass is good and tight withour going out of contol at higher volume.Vocals are clear and undisturbed. I did not want to disturb my 9.5s and retained them.

Regards

ok... BTW..:rolleyes::rolleyes:.If u r thinkin aviano to be a stereo amp,,,,Aviano s are Mordaunt short s speakers...
otherwise...tats ok..

With no stereo amps stocked (as per SPK), how can can anyone audition MS Aviano 2s? auditioning it with an AVR is not what we need I guess?

I heard them almost a year back at SBT corporation , Rajbhavan Road. There are two dealers in Hyderabad. SBT Corp and Sound Romm , Banjara Hills. But opresently neither of them keep any stock with them and they get it only on order. I rounded between Azur and AS 500 which are within my budget. Auditioned the latter and decided to go with former, Azur 650A costing 27.6K with B&W and pairing with Marantz CD 5004 costing 15.5K without B&W.
AS 500 IS 22K with B&W.

Regards

SP Krishna

Thanks for the information, that was helpful. I will benchmark your price when i visit the dealer. I am new to the forum and i have never owned an amp before. I want to make the first step.

Regards,

After a lot of search in this forum, i lastly decided to have an amplifier of Norge 2060. I mailed Mr. Shyam Bajaj to have a price tag for the item. I received a smart reply. current rate being Rs. 8,990.00. Is it correct or i can make a good bargain else where? would it be wise to have this item through courier? a combination of norge speaker set or Wharfdale 9.1 or 9.2 or 10.2 would be better with this amplifier? plz suggest.

After a lot of search in this forum, i lastly decided to have an amplifier of Norge 2060. I mailed Mr. Shyam Bajaj to have a price tag for the item. I received a smart reply. current rate being Rs. 8,990.00. Is it correct or i can make a good bargain else where? would it be wise to have this item through courier? a combination of norge speaker set or Wharfdale 9.1 or 9.2 or 10.2 would be better with this amplifier? plz suggest.

Norge 2060 is a decent amp for starters. I rememer Mr Bajaj stating that the costs incurred in parts, manufacturing and other overheads are escalating. So the prices may be revised; I would not be surprised if it is sold at Rs. 9000. It would pair well with all speakers mentioned by you. BTW who else do you think would quote the right price other than the manufacturer himself :) You can also look at some vintage intergated amps if you are willing to take the risk. You could get one of them for Rs. 4000 onwards.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back