Price Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

madbullram

Hi all,
I thought would start a thread where the prices are discussed and best offer is available. This will help all our members to make an informed decision.

Update: You can contact JD Electronics, but off late they have not been offering very competitive price nor is the service the same. SO I am removing their reference from the forum.

Update 2-Feb - 2011/Jan:

JD Electronics have been good to our forum and have got from good feedback from our members, so I recommend them again.

Chandra in Velachery has been giving good deals. I suggest our members contact them for best price. Latest ones we bought:
PV8 - 39K
C10 - 42k
G10 - 66k
X10 - 32K
Philips 5609 - 32.5K

They have 0% EMI with flat 400rs processing fee.

Refer my name , Ram. Hope it helps.

Ps2: If this helped, a thanks is much appreciated ;)

Last edited:
Useful Thread.
Quotes for Onkyo Products: 3105/ 5105/ 5100, best prices anyone?

Again from JD (this is only for Chennai, other cities he would work out in person):

Samsung A410 = 44000 INR
Samsung A450 = 50000 INR

Very good thread - extremely useful. I will try to contribute to this in near days to come. Request the same from all.

Hi Moderator.
This is a very useful thread.
Can we make this thread more structured, may be a database kind of a thing.

every poster must include the following inputs
company/Product category/product/model/shop with address where the price is valid/contact person/Contact numbers/offer price/validity of offer/is shipment available pan india/shipping + extra charges/any special recommendation or comments.
Can this be made sticky or something easily accessible.
I am pretty sure that given the volume of posts in hifivision(great!!) this thread will in no time be made obscure and that will be the end of this thread.

Any suggestions, anyone?
Regards
Murali

Hi all,
I thought would start a thread where the prices are discussed and best offer is available. This will help all our members to make an informed decision.

This is J D Electronics price for PV8 for our forum members, quote I got my J D electronics:

"Panasonic Plasma 42PV8 can be offered to all forum members at a special price of Rs.45,500/-. Deliveries can be made to any major city in India."

Ps2: If this helped, a thanks is much appreciated ;)
indiatimes shopping is making almost (Rs 45,990/-, with 6 EMI's) the same offer for PV8 in today's newspaper*, but with additional Rs 1500/- as delivery charges, To order :Log on to :"www.shopping.indiatimes.com/ro" , or Call 09876848888/09910118888 can anyone tell, what is J D Electronics charging for the delivery of the same.

*i also don't work for the newspaper:)

Last edited:
Look at this site for pricing. Hope these are accurate.

Panasonic PV 8 : Rs.48000 (Compare India )

Samsung 42A450 : Rs.56350 (Compare India )

And now the shocker or shockers!

LG PG61 : Rs.44900 (Compare India )

Thats about Rs.10K price difference in one month. This is a steal of the deal (if this is true) for PG16 considering the features it offers over other models.

Can some Delhi based members confirm whether this is really true?

indiatimes shopping is making almost (Rs 45,990/-, with 6 EMI's) the same offer for PV8 in today's newspaper*, but with additional Rs 1500/- as delivery charges, To order :Log on to :"www.shopping.indiatimes.com/ro" , or Call 09876848888/09910118888 can anyone tell, what is J D Electronics charging for the delivery of the same.

*i also don't work for the newspaper:)

I would never buy a Plasma or expensive electronics from online dealers. Right now its too much a hassle and not as trustworthy as US.

JD did not charge me anything though I live 23 kms away. They promised Wednesday and my mom just called and said its arrived :cool:

In my city i have booked VIERA TX-32LX80 for Rs.34000/- is this price is ok .
REGARDS

You can call Vaibhav and check. He gave 30,000 for Pana 32LE8. I cancelled mine at Jayam and bought PV8 from JD as their price was just too good.

I would never buy a Plasma or expensive electronics from online dealers. Right now its too much a hassle and not as trustworthy as US.

JD did not charge me anything though I live 23 kms away. They promised Wednesday and my mom just called and said its arrived :cool:

i fully agree with you, but for a customer far away , long distance delivery from J D electronics and indiatimes shopping will be equally not trustworthy

i fully agree with you, but for a customer far away , long distance delivery from J D electronics and indiatimes shopping will be equally not trustworthy

Bro, at least we are there and can go personally hold his neck if there is a problem :). I aint vouching for JD but he is a known devil and in my dealings I found them very genuine.

In fact, I had booked my sammy washing machine with Jayam and Co before I meet JD electronics. Jayam has been delaying delivery for last 4 days. When I told Vaibhav that I will cancel Jayam and book with him, he politely refused saying it is not ethical for him to take a order like that. He asked me to wait for some more time before taking the step. Now, that is very rare in this business world.

All these quotes are against exchange of decent 21 Tv so add 1000 -2500 More!

FROM KOHINOOR VASHI,NAVI MUMBAI

1) 42LG53 @ Rs 50500 ( Which I bought!) a full HD 1080 P LCD @ 50500!
2) LG Scarlett 57 -56 K
3) Panasonic LE 8 @ Rs 27 K( LCD HD Ready , 32 Inch)

4) Panasonic PV8 @ Rs 45-46 K

I FOUND THAT IN MULTIPLE OUTLETS OF CHAIN STORES ( LIKE VIJAY SALES & KOHINOOR)RATES ARE DIFFERENT!!

2) LG Scarlett 57 -56 K

I FOUND THAT IN MULTIPLE OUTLETS OF CHAIN STORES ( LIKE VIJAY SALES & KOHINOOR)RATES ARE DIFFERENT!!

Why pay 45-46K for PV8 when we get it for 45500 without exchange from JD :)

I know I am making a generalization here, but the pricing anywhere in India for TVs includes a large markup unlike other saturated markets in EU and Americas.

This is the reason for the large discrepancy in pricing amongst the various sellers. It just hurts to read that a 32 inch Pana LCD is 27K esp. seeing what they go for in the other places after being manufactured in Asia!

Unfortunately we have to ride the tide until a few years when the prices hopefully will be more realistic of other markets.

2) LG Scarlett 57 -56 K

Hi
Sorry my typing mistake
Panasonic LE 80 was 27 K against exchange which I find really VFM! LE 800 was unavailable.
Panasonic PV 8 - this is unbargained price - I think w/o exchange too 46 K or 45 K was too possible.
Now Ezone was offering me videocon @ Rs 24 K and offering Just 1K for old tv,( with some schemes ) I find pana LE 80 @ 27 K is Really good.
Only I was bitten by bug of bigger size and plasma was unsuitable for my brightly lit hall.

Now my obseravations
1) earlier I knew some lessor known retailers used to offer lowest quote for CRT. Not anymore - lowest quote of LCD comes from mass retailers.
2) There may be price , scheme and policy difference amoung different outlets of mass retailers.
3) Search as many shops and also your comfort level .
4) in reserch keep tab of process cost back of the mind. ( Eg cost of visiting 3-4 outlets with a friend = Travel time + Petrol + COST OF 3 QUARTERS ( MUMBAIYA TERMS -THAT IS 8-9 PEGS BETWEEN 2 FRIENDS)OF SMIRNOFF OR BACARDI -POST ALL DEALER VISITS!!! :)))) ..
5) Actaully pont 2 is not bad ......infact sometimes you enjoy journey ( dealer visits) than destination ( purchase!)..... It gives a good alibi to wife like .... post those " boring" and "stressful" visits to showrooms we just thought why not have " couple O" pegs to relive the stress......and so on !!!!
6) Due to whacky tax structure and very high rentals I have a strong feeling that rates in metroes may be bit higher.
7) I you are hunting for a long thie just keep an eye on model change over - whch happens ever 4-6 months -- it is a good opprtunity to grab deals on hased out models.
8) AGAIN DO YOU OWN RESEARCH -- DO NOT EXPECT ANY KNOWLEDGE FROM SALES PEOPLE! They are given superficial product traing designed by Product managers who themselves sometimes do not now much!Also do not hurt poor sales persons ego - by showing knowledge.In fact sometimes downplaying helps . ( In mumbiya launague - yeda banke peda khao.

So happy HUNTING!!

Last edited:
Hi Guys now some alfa prices.
Alfa @ Irla ,Vile Parle Mumbai
Pioneer DV 610 @ Rs 6450 - Silver
Philips 5996 - 4150 With Free HDMI Cable ( LG cable which comes free with LG DVD)
Samsung 1080 PK - 4000

Panasonic PV 8 - 47 K
Also my LG's ( 42LG53) quote was also very high

I think thank Alfa is loosing it's price edge.
IN FACT IN MUMBAI NOONE IS ABSOLUTE LOW PRICE KING.
One needs to search,research and bargain!

hi hemant,
In Navi Mumbai , auth panny dealer was offering PV8 @ 52K max, that was a month back.
good to know prices have come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back