Pro-Ject Speed Box MKII for Pro-Ject Debut III TT

john_k_antony

Dear All,

I have a Pro-Ject Debut III TT. I am planning to add a Speed Box MKII to my setup. I have read in a lot of forums that it significantly improve the sound and you get an electronic switching between 33/45 RPM.

Also in line are a OM 30 stylus upgrade and a Acryl-It acrylic platter upgrade.

I would like to know if any one here have tried Speed Box with Pro-Ject Debut III? Also I would like to know where I can buy this online/any local store in Bangalore.

Thanks,
John.

Hi John,

I have a Speed Box with my Project RPM 9. It does make a difference though it would depend on your general power supply to begin with. It firmed up the sound, more stability. I got it from Sushil Anand Bombay when I went there. Here Abhishek deals in Project.

Regards

Hi John,

I have a Speed Box with my Project RPM 9. It does make a difference though it would depend on your general power supply to begin with. It firmed up the sound, more stability. I got it from Sushil Anand Bombay when I went there. Here Abhishek deals in Project.

Regards

Ahem, Stevie, does anyone know what fate would befall the Project in the future?

Hi John,

Regards

Hey Stevieboy,

Thanks for the info. I ordered the speed box from Amazon.co.uk :). I found lots of positive reviews about the benefit of speed box on the net. So thought I will get it :).

Thanks,
John.

I have read reviews that speed box does make a difference but a greater difference can be had by first upgrading the platter and cartridge.

I have read reviews that speed box does make a difference but a greater difference can be had by first upgrading the platter and cartridge.

Well, I did that too :). Platter to Acryl It and Stylus to OM30. Not changing the cart body to Super OM now. But that will follow later. I got Acryl It platter so that I can try MC cart later on.

The next upgrade would be to try out the DIY CNC phono stage.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back