ProAc Tablette 10 Vs Spendor A1 Vs Harbeth PE3SR

Hi Kumar,

Why the Spendor A line and not the Classic series? What is the difference between the A line and the Classic in sound and price? The Harbeth P3ESR is classic BBC monitor, the comparable Spendor would be from the Classic line No? Good to know Spendors are competitive relative to international prices. I have to agree Harbeth is priced high in India, but you know you are getting the real deal. The way the Compact 7es nails the fat electric guitar tone is mind blowing.

Hello Friend,

Specs wise I dont see any difference between A1 and comparable classic 3/5. I spoke to the dealer in Bangalore (of course coudnt visit owing to COVID) and he mentioned that there is practically no difference between the 2. But i doubt why will any company have 2 models for exactly same config and output. Will have to listen to ascertain the claim.

Is Cadence the dealer for Spendor in Bangalore?

Yes, I thing Audio Lounge and Cadence are sister concerns.

Is audition possible?

Yes AT cadence bangalore

Is Spendor low power SET amp friendly? The Harbeth P3 ESR is SET friendly. Lots of questions, hope to get some good responses from fellow members.
This is 8 Ohms and 84DB sensitivity, so not sure about it being SET friendly. However, its a common notion that most of the BBC designs are SET friendly.

Hi Kumar,

Why the Spendor A line and not the Classic series? What is the difference between the A line and the Classic in sound and price? The Harbeth P3ESR is classic BBC monitor, the comparable Spendor would be from the Classic line No? Good to know Spendors are competitive relative to international prices. I have to agree Harbeth is priced high in India, but you know you are getting the real deal. The way the Compact 7es nails the fat electric guitar tone is mind blowing.

Hello Friend,

Specs wise I dont see any difference between A1 and comparable classic 3/5. I spoke to the dealer in Bangalore (of course coudnt visit owing to COVID) and he mentioned that there is practically no difference between the 2. But i doubt why will any company have 2 models for exactly same config and output. Will have to listen to ascertain the claim.

Is Cadence the dealer for Spendor in Bangalore?

Yes, I thing Audio Lounge and Cadence are sister concerns.

Is audition possible?

Yes AT cadence bangalore

Is Spendor low power SET amp friendly? The Harbeth P3 ESR is SET friendly. Lots of questions, hope to get some good responses from fellow members.
This is 8 Ohms and 84DB sensitivity, so not sure about it being SET friendly. However, its a common notion that most of the BBC designs are SET friendly.

@Beast_of_burden

U should first listen to Harbeth P3ESR irrespective of the price point so that you can compare with Proac and other speakers in your list.
Thanks Hassan,
This is a great piece of advice,
See in your signature that you own a similar Harbeth speaker. Possible to have a demo at your place? Of-course once this corona thing subsides.
where in Bangalore do u put up?

A line is a different series altogether, think Classic 3/5 has been suspended and A1 has been introduced. Although not sure. Will have clarity once I visit audio lounge soon.
They seem to have introduced a Classic 4/5. If you do go, let us know the rationale please. Or if someone has a contact in Spendor

Thanks Hassan,
This is a great piece of advice,
See in your signature that you own a similar Harbeth speaker. Possible to have a demo at your place? Of-course once this corona thing subsides.
where in Bangalore do u put up?
Yes I have the older version P3ES2. I had the opportunity to compare Harbeth P3 with Proac Tablette speakers and decided to go with Harbeth then. It is better to check the current model P3ESR and since you are in Bangalore call Absolute Phase (of course after the situation is better) for an appointment to listen to the same. Currently my son is using P3 and is not properly setup but listening to the same wont be a problem.

I had the same options a while ago, home-demoed them all and ended up with the Spendor A1s. Probably I would have been happy with any of them, but the A1s had a slight edge in my hugely compromized listening room (11 m2 and only one possible placing option). Harbeths had a bit too much bloom and would not tolerate volume, Proacs... well, I could not find a nice looking stands easily enough. Spendors did not irritate at all, very well-rounded performance.

I had the same options a while ago, home-demoed them all and ended up with the Spendor A1s. Probably I would have been happy with any of them, but the A1s had a slight edge in my hugely compromized listening room (11 m2 and only one possible placing option). Harbeths had a bit too much bloom and would not tolerate volume, Proacs... well, I could not find a nice looking stands easily enough. Spendors did not irritate at all, very well-rounded performance.
Thanks Ridefly for the experience and welcome to the forum.

Beyond the difficulty in finding good stands, what was your actual listening assessment of ProAc vis-à-vis the other two?

Beyond the difficulty in finding good stands, what was your actual listening assessment of ProAc vis-à-vis the other two?
Very positive, indeed. More snap, boogie and impact than P3ESR or A1. As my room seems to accentuate treble, though, I preferred the slightly rolled-off treble of A1s AND got a very nice deal with them. With that said, I still crave to retry the Tablettes as they bring some danger to the music. I tried the Signature version, by the way.

Edit: Let me add that I also preferred the bass of the Proacs to either P3ESR or A1, stronger and faster. However, here I'm also comparing different stands and room treatments, so I would not generalize my observations to all surroundings. Their treble had this Proac shine which I like a lot, although at times it became a tad too much.

Last edited:
Very positive, indeed. More snap, boogie and impact than P3ESR or A1. As my room seems to accentuate treble, though, I preferred the slightly rolled-off treble of A1s AND got a very nice deal with them. With that said, I still crave to retry the Tablettes as they bring some danger to the music. I tried the Signature version, by the way.

Edit: Let me add that I also preferred the bass of the Proacs to either P3ESR or A1, stronger and faster. However, here I'm also comparing different stands and room treatments, so I would not generalize my observations to all surroundings. Their treble had this Proac shine which I like a lot, although at times it became a tad too much.
Hi

What electronics do you use?

Hi

What electronics do you use?

My amplifier is the integrated Accuphase E-470, and as CD player / DAC I use Accuphase DP-510. In fact, I have not even tried any other components in that room, so I can't comment on how the speakers react to different amplification.

My amplifier is the integrated Accuphase E-470, and as CD player / DAC I use Accuphase DP-510. In fact, I have not even tried any other components in that room, so I can't comment on how the speakers react to different amplification.

Thank you..

Maybe a pic or 2 of your system is in order for these self isolated times

:))

Back