ProAc Tablette 10 Vs Spendor A1 Vs Harbeth PE3SR

Hi @vikramdesigner

do let us know about the Sony amp as well - how did you source this ?

how does it sound ?

what made you look at vintage ?

regards

Ok here i go…. ignore the grammatical mistakes

But these are my thoughts as per the demos taken for 3 days, i had own ATC for 6 months.

Spendor 3/5 and P3 ESR are really very good mid oriented speakers and have rich and lush tones. P3 ESR tones are die for but falls in imaging and speed. Spendor on other hand has good imaging, soundstage and tones with less speed but can handle most of genre compares to P3 ESR . both lack on bass( tight and deep) but their mids are so good , you will ignore the bass section especially on jazz, country etc. Dynamically P3 ESR is slightly better than spendor but spender has natural voicing , timber and harmonics.

Both have relaxing and blooming sound, can listen for long hours.
P3 ESR is double the pricing of Spendor so u can decide what interests you.

ATC SCM 11 - Transparent , precise imaging , sound stage, speed, adequate bass(sealed) with good bass texture, even mids are good. but all depends on source , not forgiving at all. Power hungry speakers more power better the performance.

KEF Ls50 : Damn good all rounder, modern speaker balanced sound with bit of all flavor.
but needs good matching amp with good power or it may sound shrill.

I love vintage amp sound, i started my journey with vintage luxman L-3.

Sourced my Sony Es 707es series from Germany, also recapped there as these were best top models in 1980s and these designs were sold to accuphase later.

Warm, powerful and well match with most of the speakers and my turntable.

But these are my thoughts as per the demos taken for 3 days, i had own ATC for 6 months.

Spendor 3/5 and P3 ESR are really very good mid oriented speakers and have rich and lush tones. P3 ESR tones are die for but falls in imaging and speed. Spendor on other hand has good imaging, soundstage and tones with less speed but can handle most of genre compares to P3 ESR . both lack on bass( tight and deep) but their mids are so good , you will ignore the bass section especially on jazz, country etc. Dynamically P3 ESR is slightly better than spendor but spender has natural voicing , timber and harmonics.

ATC SCM 11 - Transparent , precise imaging , sound stage, adequate bass(sealed) with good bass texture, even mids are good. but all depends on source , not forgiving at all. Power hungry speakers more power better the performance.

KEF Ls50 : Damn good all rounder, modern speaker balanced sound with bit of all flavor.

Sourced my Sony Es 707es series from Germany, also recapped there as these were best top models in 1980s and these designs were sold to accuphase later.

Thank you @vikramdesigner

and your thoughts on the Q Acoustics 3020i ?

Its in a different category of price but the config is the same 2 way standmount speaker

regards

ATC SCM 11 - Transparent , precise imaging , sound stage, speed, adequate bass(sealed) with good bass texture, even mids are good. but all depends on source , not forgiving at all. Power hungry speakers more power better the performance.

and why the ES 707ES - did anyone point you to it ?

i was browsing the web - didnt see many user experiences on it

regards

Thank you @vikramdesigner

and your thoughts on the Q Acoustics 3020i ?

Its in a different category of price but the config is the same 2 way standmount speaker

regards

Q Acoustics 3020i Damn damn damn good speakers for the price , i got these speakers for my home theater fronts, later i realized how good its for music, but it has limitation.

Its good for small rooms like 300x300.

and why the ES 707ES - did anyone point you to it ?

i was browsing the web - didnt see many user experiences on it

regards

These SONY ES SERIES are very famous in germany and one of the audiophile from there recommended me particular model 707 and 808 es these were beast those time.

Check SONY ES SERIES AMP on google

Last edited:
Are they legally allowed to do so?
Also, are they available in India?
Have seen them in China.. Don't think anyone would be importing knock offs of high end speakers in India.. In China, everything is allowed.. I have bought designer chandeliers and classic furniture pieces at 1/10 the cost of originals... They make everything and therefore difficult to boycott them even though I want to...

Have seen them in China.. Don't think anyone would be importing knock offs of high end speakers in India.. In China, everything is allowed.. I have bought designer chandeliers and classic furniture pieces at 1/10 the cost of originals... They make everything and therefore difficult to boycott them even though I want to...

Nothing difficult if one Really wants to..

Best wishes

These SONY ES SERIES are very famous in germany and one of the audiophile from there recommended me particular model 707 and 808 es these were beast those time.

Check SONY ES SERIES AMP on google
Thanks..

How is the Sony Vs Luxman amp you had earlier..

Sound wise...

And are the Spendors with you still ?

Thank you Vikram for posting here, looks like you have been on a similar journey to Kumar’s. And now mine. I have demoed the LS50, but it didn’t do anything for me in the showroom. Do you still own the Spendors?

This is a really fun thread. Just googling would give lots of hits on Harbeth and not so much on Spendor. However the preference for Spendor from those who have heard both is really interesting! Nice one!

Does anyone own Xavian XN250 Evoluzione or listened to these bookshelf speakers? How do they compare with Harbeth/Spendor/ProAc?

Does anyone own Xavian XN250 Evoluzione or listened to these bookshelf speakers? How do they compare with Harbeth/Spendor/ProAc?
Hey Robin,

Dont get me wrong, but looks like you are trying to compare apples with oranges here.
Harbeth/Spendor/ProAc (discussed in this thread) are all BBC based LS3/5A design where as XN250 is a ported speaker with completely different topology and design.
Having said that, Xavian looks like interesting ported options and looks more comparable with ATC SCM or PMC bookshelf (PMC may not be directly comparable as these are transmission line design).
Looks like XN250 is much more costlier than the ones mentioned above.
Any member who have heard this, please chime in.

Any news if auditions are going to be possible from May 3rd? I enquired about the 3/1 it's quite a big step up in pricing. Have to ask Amba where the 4/5 fits in the line up.

Any news if auditions are going to be possible from May 3rd? I enquired about the 3/1 it's quite a big step up in pricing. Have to ask Amba where the 4/5 fits in the line up.
Not sure on the audition bit, spoke to one of their representatives few days back and she confirmed that 3/5 is available for audition.
Audition largely will depend on the govt. policy on public movement in bangalore.
Good to hear that audio lounge are open for home demo in Bangalore.
Amba of course would be the right person to check the line-up.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back