ProAc Tablette 10 Vs Spendor A1 Vs Harbeth PE3SR

Hi Kumar, google!!! It is your best friend for hopefully getting some genuine responses from people who have actually listened or contacted Spendor (which I suggest you do as well independently). Since I had nothing better to do, that I am a hifi junkie, I like this thread... I googled and here is the post....see the second

cut paste of relevant portion

“Spendor A1 and Spendor Classic 3/5 are almost identical, so very little point getting separate auditions of both; Classic 4/5 is a new model which has the smallest front-to-back cabinet depth but as a consequence is wider across the front face than others mentioned - measure your shelf space carefully!”

Have been in touch with audio lounge Bangalore for it's audition. They have classic 3/5 for audition in Bangalore and not A1. They claim that both are pretty much same .
Can someone through some light on this please?
Both A1 and the classic 3/5 are listed on the Audiolounge UK site and there is a small price difference. 3/5 is slightly more expensive. 4/5 is quite a bit more. Without listening, we are all shooting the breeze at this point.

Have been in touch with audio lounge Bangalore for it's audition. They have classic 3/5 for audition in Bangalore and not A1. They claim that both are pretty much same .
Can someone through some light on this please?

The Spendor 3/5 preowned if interested is available on olx but in Mumbai.

The Spendor 3/5 preowned if interested is available on olx but in Mumbai.

Thanks Nitin for sharing but the ad looks a spoof to me. I just happened to check the seller profile. He has listed 4 items and all in different locations in India. Strange, isn't it? Enough signs to stay away I believe.

Thanks Nitin for sharing but the ad looks a spoof to me. I just happened to check the seller profile. He has listed 4 items and all in different locations in India. Strange, isn't it? Enough signs to stay away I believe.

Most welcome Kumar, then better to avoid him & to go for a new one with peace of mind. Hope you get the one that you are looking for.

Hey Guys,

This one is for the hifi junkies The Dynaudio excite X14 is also frequently compared with the Harbeth and Spendors. Similar sensitivity, similar impedance which never dips below 6.2 ohms, beautiful midrange, imaging, yadda yadda

It's available right here on Hifimart.

Here is the stereophile review:

From my experience dynaudio excite X14 is a average speaker nothing else we cannot compare with Harbeth and Spendors noway near.The only competitor I can see is Dynaudio Confidence and Contour series which are very expensive.I used x14 for a couple of months tested with various amps finally get rid of it. In the posted stereophile link the answer is already there on the last comment by " Connecticut Audio Society listening tests".
even Wharfedale Denton 85th is far far better than this. Its performance is only on paper

From my experience dynaudio excite X14 is a average speaker nothing else we cannot compare with Harbeth and Spendors noway near.The only competitor I can see is Dynaudio Confidence and Contour series which are very expensive.I used x14 for a couple of months tested with various amps finally get rid of it. In the posted stereophile link the answer is already there on the last comment by " Connecticut Audio Society listening tests".
even Wharfedale Denton 85th is far far better than this. Its performance is only on paper
Hi hifiramr,

Thank you for posting your experience with this speaker. I was hoping to get a reaction from someone with actual experience. Appreciate your post.

I am a little surprised that there aren't more owners of Spendor or similar like Proac, Totem, etc on these forums.

I

What I have mentioned is from my actual experience. After using this x14 used sonus faber and I finalized with Spendor s3/5 se which is a stunner and I used it for couple of years until I got Audio physic . But even Audio physic is not good as spendor what I observed for my taste of music.After a long struggle to match with many amplifiers I can confidently say x14 its very ordinary speaker. I think some of our fms have similar experience for sure

What I have mentioned is from my actual experience. After using this x14 used sonus faber and I finalized with Spendor s3/5 se which is a stunner and I used it for couple of years until I got Audio physic . But even Audio physic is not good as spendor what I observed for my taste of music.After a long struggle to match with many amplifiers I can confidently say x14 its very ordinary speaker. I think some of our fms have similar experience for sure

The s3/5e looks like a well made speaker...

Hifiramr,

You have definitely been around the block. Most owners past and present speak fondly of Spendors, except perhaps the SA1. It's successor the D1 also gets mixed feedback. The professional reviewers seem to think otherwise. If I may ask, what is it about the Spendors that still make you reminisce about them. I have my share of regrets for stuff that I should have hung on to. Please tell us what genres of music you listen to and who your favourite artists are.

I saw this video posted by an Indian enthusiast.

He had also posted similar videos of the ATC SCM11 and KEF LS50. I asked which one he preferred of the three and he replied Spendor - good value he says.

I saw this video posted by an Indian enthusiast.

He had also posted similar videos of the ATC SCM11 and KEF LS50. I asked which one he preferred of the three and he replied Spendor - good value he says.

I put 2 and 2 together

The YouTuber is on this forum I think..

May please validate

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to him a few days back about the speakers. he is on the forum @musicmadhu. no allegiance with the seller. he isn't allowed to post on the sale thread and I am not making a plug but just providing info without validating any of his sale posts on olx or otherwise.

Last edited:
The best way get a mini monitor will be LS3/5a design.Spendor s3/5,Harbeth P3ESR all are derived from ls3/5a and we can say improved version from old 15 or 11 ohm versions.There are lot of clones also available.Very interesting design which I planned to work out is Jeff Bagby's Continuum version which is excellent and cost effective people say the sound signature is a much improved than old ls3/5 a design because of the new drivers which he used here.

we can make cabinet with the help our fm sadik not complicated but easy to make, unfortunately the speaker designer Jeff Bagby's was passed away in the previous month by covid 19.

The best way get a mini monitor will be LS3/5a design.Spendor s3/5,Harbeth P3ESR all are derived from ls3/5a and we can say improved version from old 15 or 11 ohm versions.There are lot of clones also available.Very interesting design which I planned to work out is Jeff Bagby's Continuum version which is excellent and cost effective people say the sound signature is a much improved than old ls3/5 a design because of the new drivers which he used here.

we can make cabinet with the help our fm sadik not complicated but easy to make, unfortunately the speaker designer Jeff Bagby's was passed away in the previous month by covid 19.
bro

semi DiY is ruled out of this thread..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back