problems in usb playback on sammy 6 series

slayer_tiger

hi guys,
i have bought a samsung c630 LCD 2 months back and i have been enjoying the tv very well.but very recently i have been experiencing problem in usb playback.when ever i connect my 500 GB hdd the tv get restarted instantly after i plug in the hdd.and also it get disconnected after every 15-20 minutes of playback.:sad::sad:

so i called customer care the guy there sad it is happening because the tv can't handle the 500 GB hdd.:mad::mad:
but earlier there was no such problem.

so, to go further i just want know if anyone else experiencing such problem with samsung or any suggestion that might be of help.

Maybe earlier the drive was not full and now it is nearing its maximum capacity?? Just a guess.... because if there is more data on the drive it takes longer time to access and probably would "stress" the TV's internal player more. Remember the USB function on TVs is just a basic feature.
Try formatting the drive and see if it works better with near empty to half-full capacity. Or get hold of a friend's 500GB drive and see if the same problem occurs. Tell us how it works out.

man maybe your hdd does not have an external power supply as it is the case with most 2.5 drives so as your stored space of your hdd gets larger more power is required to operate the same and as usb playback is still a basic feauture (most companies dont even advertise it) high power transfer is not supported by the tv anyhow try with another drive or the use the same drive after formatting it and show us the results .you can also try a firmware update tell us if it works

I am using 1 TB External HardDisk ( with power) and It doesn't have any problems in detecting the disk and play the movies without interruption.
I have 40C650 model. Disc size doesn't matter. Check your disk in Windows for virus, bad sectors etc..

thanks guys for the reply..
actually i have tried everything with my HDD(37% full) like virus,bad sector even formatting..
only then i came here...
may be it might be power issue as it is mentioned clearly in the manual..
will check it with external powered HDD..and let u guys know..

Last edited:
I use my 40C630 tv with a 500GB (3.5") with external power (with entire capacity full) and a 1TB (2.5") with USB supplied power without any problems. May be some problems with your hdd or u can try re-installing the firmware of the TV.

40c630 owner and been using 90% filled 500GB 2.5" HDD.
No issues (knock on the wood)
Get the test done with a externally supplied power hdd and let us know.
Eager to see how that goes.

Best of luck.

I use my 40C630 tv with a 500GB (3.5") with external power (with entire capacity full) and a 1TB (2.5") with USB supplied power without any problems. May be some problems with your hdd or u can try re-installing the firmware of the TV.

ya i had done that.. updated it the latest firmware dated 5 oct 2010..
still no luck...so mailed samsung customer support rather than calling them..
as they hardly understood my problem..
and surprisingly they called back this evening..
the person called said the company recommends only 32 GB pen drive or hdd..
he asked me from where i heard that i can use 500 GB hdd as the company recommends it no where .. i told him on the internet and forums like here..
in reply he said don't go buy these.. so please don't use a hdd beyond 32 GB capacity.. stuck again don't know what to do..:mad::mad:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back