Projecting HD projector on Screen or Wall??

mayur553

hi I am planning to by a full HD projector i am consdering to project the image on wall.

Can anyone suggest me which is a better option? Projecting on Screen or Wall and if wall whats an appropriate color on wall.

Thanks

When you are investing so much on HD Proj. then go for a proper screen.

A screen is very much required to unleash the true potential of the Projector.
Please search the forum for Economical DIY screens if budget is a constraint.
Cheers:yahoo:

When you are spending so much to buy a projector, better to spend at least little more and go for a screen.

Save money....go for wall...:clapping:

just see that the screen has light grey..colour in it..will work better.

And surface should be smooth enough without rough surface.

Test it hardly you will spend not more than Rs.500/- if you are not satisfied then..go..for screen...

You will know what you need when you see by yourself...:)

NT

Have a Optoma HD20 projector. Use a wall for display. Looks good to me :) i would suggest you project it on the wall and see for yourself... if not satisfied, you could probably go for a screen....

Foundation

I am sure the movie watching foundation will not be in order, if you use wall as screen, that too with a lovely projector like full HD.

V.

I projected on a wall for 2 months while experimenting & trying to decide what screen size I was comfortable with. That dry run was a decent experience. My screen was installed some time back.

The wall was no match for the screen. Night and day difference. Also google "why the black masking borders of a screen is important ?"

Give your projector the respect/companion it deserves... Get a screen :)

Screen does make a difference. Sample this 720p image...it looked completely different when projected earlier on a wall(don't have a picture)

Attachments

15.4 KB · Views: 144
someone on the forum made a diy screen.. they've used a plywood sheet and stuck something on the plywood sheet and placed the screencloth over that. i think the cost of the project was about 2500/- or so..
This would be possible if you wanna go for a fixed screen-fixing to the wall. if you're hanging in front of a flat panel display then go for the screen.
and as many forum members have adviced you going for the screen, i'm sure that'd be your best bet..
Harsha.

I have used DIY screen for sometime (not now). I liked the result very much. I used flex banner sheet on a wooden frame. I used the rought side of the sheet to project the image and not on the glossy side. I think my total expense was less than Rs.800/-, (only material cost, no labour cost as it was a complete DIY by me with my father's guidance). I am not using it since I changed the projector from XGA to HD.

As recommended by many here, go for a proper screen. A simple manually lockable pulldown screen should not cost more than 8K (8'x6'). Installation will cost a few bucks at most.

Black masking borders are very important if you decide to go for a wall.

I too had projected the image on wall for a long period of time and had done so with proper planning, i saw several full movies instead of watching just clips, in-fact i went a step further, painted the full wall in white color, that too 3 layers, gradually i started using markers on the wall to reduce the size of image and then decided the size of screen i want.

V.

I projected on a wall for 2 months while experimenting & trying to decide what screen size I was comfortable with. That dry run was a decent experience. My screen was installed some time back.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back