Projector Issues

vinay

Well my projector lamp is no more working for Hitachi, can someone tell me from where to get quotes for reliable supply.

V.

Natural Death Of Lamp?

I actually watched a movie, the projector worked fine, the next day when i put on the projector it was no more working, and i am told that the bulb is gone and there is some chip issue too, difficult to digest, because the bulb never goes away like this, the picture quality drops, and often projector's have a pop up when bulb needs a replacement.

V.

Last edited:
Vinay, get in touch with Mridul on the forum, he should be able to guide and help regarding the same.

I feel maybe you need to get the unit serviced or checked before jumping to changing the lamp.

As you said there may be some chip issue, so better to make sure the unit is fine as the new bulb may also have issues in case of faulty unit.

Also look at the cost of repair and changing the bulb. As you may be able to get a new PJ by adding another 10 to 15k to the same.
Mridul Goel
Inspired Innovations
E : [email protected]

Last edited:
Vinay ..
don't mind ,but for peson like you,now it is time for 1080 P PJ and full Blu Ray experience!

Re: Natural Death Of Lamp?

I actually watched a movie, the projector worked fine, the next day when i put on the projector it was no more working, and i am told that the bulb is gone and there is some chip issue too, difficult to digest, because the bulb never goes away like this, the picture quality drops, and often projector's have a pop up when bulb needs a replacement.
Actually when the lamp stops working, it can be very sudden and abrupt. Last time I had to change my lamp, it dies on me all of a sudden and in fact actually short of the company rated life. I was watching a movie and I paused it for dinner. After finishing my dinner when I started the projector, it never came back on and I ahd to replace the lamp.

Last edited:
Re: Natural Death Of Lamp?

V.
Why don't you open up the unit and check the bulb yourself, provided it doesn't break any "warranty void if broken" labels.

Trying To Take A Call

The day you provided me the 3 links, to one of them i already had shown the projector, he has told me that the new good bulb will cost Rs.24,000/- while of lower quality it will cost Rs.14,000/- with lesser lamp life and resolution.

I just do not know what to do about it with such range of quotes, will try to take a call, indeed i will like to go for a better quality, but among the issues is how genuine are things.

Thanks.

V.

Re: Trying To Take A Call

I just do not know what to do about it with such range of quotes, will try to take a call, indeed i will like to go for a better quality, but among the issues is how genuine are things.

I don't have any personal experience with any of them. The Mumbai based company would the best bet for you as you can call them and get service.

Cheers

You can try contacting the person below:
Mr. Ravi Kalathuru
+(91)-(40)-23314409, 23314409, 9246544409, 9885136533
5th Flr, S R R Arcade, Trimulgherry, Secuderabad-15, Hyderabad - 500015.

He was formerly the tech manager at Digipro and helped me out when I had an issue with my old Optoma projector.
good luck
Rosh

he has told me that the new good bulb will cost Rs.24,000/- while of lower quality it will cost Rs.14,000/- with lesser lamp life and resolution.
Does the resolution depend on the bulb ? I thought it depends on the LCD/mirrors in DLP chip.
He probably mean't to say lumens (brightness) instead of resolution.

You can try contacting the person below:
Mr. Ravi Kalathuru
+(91)-(40)-23314409, 23314409, 9246544409, 9885136533
5th Flr, S R R Arcade, Trimulgherry, Secuderabad-15, Hyderabad - 500015.

He was formerly the tech manager at Digipro and helped me out when I had an issue with my old Optoma projector.
good luck
Rosh
I wouldn't go with Digipro ever.

I once needed the color wheel for my Optoma. I got a quote for it from Optoma US.

Digipro had it in stock but quoted a price more than double than that of the US (no reason to do so cause they import these as parts). When asked why, they gave me several bullshit reasons.

Digicomp did not have it in stock at that time but said they could import it and quoted a price similar to US (which also included shipping from their warehouse in Bangalore to me at Pune, and a guarantee of no damages on delivery since its a very fragile item). Got it from them (no points for guessing that). The item was checked by their branch people in Pune for any damages in transit before handing it over to me. They were very professional in the whole transaction.

I wouldn't go with Digipro ever.

I once needed the color wheel for my Optoma. I got a quote for it from Optoma US.

Digipro had it in stock but quoted a price more than double than that of the US (no reason to do so cause they import these as parts). When asked why, they gave me several bullshit reasons.

Digicomp did not have it in stock at that time but said they could import it and quoted a price similar to US (which also included shipping from their warehouse in Bangalore to me at Pune, and a guarantee of no damages on delivery since its a very fragile item). Got it from them (no points for guessing that). The item was checked by their branch people in Pune for any damages in transit before handing it over to me. They were very professional in the whole transaction.

I nearly had the same experience except that a) I got a replacement motherboard from Optoma HQ and b) they leaned on DigiPro to ensure I got the job done free.. Ravi was the tech guy who was on my side at that time;) He has his own unit AFAIK..

Lamp Horror

Dushie,

Thanks so much for the writing.

I have got in touch with Sight & Sound Delhi, from whom i had bought the projector, to my horror they have quoted about Rs.40,000/- for the lamp.

I will be pleased to know if Mridul, can do something on this matter.

I think the service is not a issue anymore because i am told that the lamp is dead.

About the chip issue, i will work on it again.

Indeed if the bulb is going to be very expensive than i will consider to take a new projector, but if price difference between the bulb and new projector is going to be over Rs.50.000/- then may be it is not worth it, in such a case i will replace the bulb.

Please guide.

V.

Vinay, get in touch with Mridul on the forum, he should be able to guide and help regarding the same.

I feel maybe you need to get the unit serviced or checked before jumping to changing the lamp.

As you said there may be some chip issue, so better to make sure the unit is fine as the new bulb may also have issues in case of faulty unit.

Also look at the cost of repair and changing the bulb. As you may be able to get a new PJ by adding another 10 to 15k to the same.
Mridul Goel
Inspired Innovations
E : [email protected]

The day you provided me the 3 links, to one of them i already had shown the projector, he has told me that the new good bulb will cost Rs.24,000/- while of lower quality it will cost Rs.14,000/- with lesser lamp life and resolution.

Thanks.

V.

Dear Vinay,

The time is rapidly coming when halogen bulbs are becoming obselete.

Welcome to the world of LED projectors.

With an indefinitely longer lamp life, affordable LED projectors are available in the grey market from Chinese makers.

If you want LED projectors from makers of repute, you must wait a little while longer to get it for a bargain.

I guess it is worth studying this genre of projectors as the benefits are there obviously..

Cheers,

Subcenter2009:yahoo:

1080p

Hello Hemant.

Thank you so much for private message about the bulb.

Well my projector has been working fine, it is now only the bulb issue which has come up, i have not been keen for 1080p, because then i will have to upgrade my denon av receiver too, my school of thought is simple to upgrade in every 5 years or so, and go full on with it at that point of time, but it should be value for money. If i go to upgrade now my projector and av receiver, it will cost me easily 2 lac rupees, keeping in mind that my these gears are doing just too fine, therefore i think it would be quite criminal to spend like this, on the other hand there are very limited movies in 1080p.

By the way most importantly i have seen a demo of blue ray movie at santosh''s place on his 1080p projector, the same movie i had downloaded in 6gb file, the picture quality difference was not much, maybe the audio was more better.

Please
comment.

V.

Vinay ..
don't mind ,but for peson like you,now it is time for 1080 P PJ and full Blu Ray experience!

Last edited:
I would suggest to call up Digicomp's (Digicomp) main office in Bangalore and get a quote for the bulb or you could contact their Mumbai office too.

If I were you I would check the bulb myself and then get a quote from Hitachi first.

To Buy Original Bulb Or Get From The Replacement Market

Well based on your live experience with the bulb, i am very grateful to you because otherwise i would have always thought that it is not possible for the bulb to die without warning. The bulb which you replaced was the original from company or you bought from elsewhere and what was the cost, and how is the experience with it, in other words what is your suggestion for me, as to which bulb should i buy original or ...?

I'll ask you something, maybe you can throw some light, what happens with me is due to work pressure and other reasons generally i am not able to watch a movie at one go, so what i do is with every 40 minutes, i take a 30 minute break, i switch of the bulb, but the main is on, similarly other gadgets are on like the av receiver and media player, each movie i take about 4 hours to complete, so is it safe to keep the gadget on during such extensive interval phases and not forgeting the collective 4 hours.

Thanks.

V.

Actually when the lamp stops working, it can be very sudden and abrupt. Last time I had to change my lamp, it dies on me all of a sudden and in fact actually short of the company rated life. I was watching a movie and I paused it for dinner. After finishing my dinner when I started the projector, it never came back on and I ahd to replace the lamp.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back