Projector screen from US

m.a.sara

Hi,

Has anyone bought or ordered screens from US? Any issues in bringing it bcos of its dimensions?

One of my frnd is bringing me Optoma HD20 (along with a HDMI cable, prj mount for ceiling, WD live media player) from US in 10 days :). So was wondering if I can add a screen as well(thanks to Madhu for suggesting). Also anything else you suggest that I should consider buying there?

And any suggestions for the screen (16:9) within 10-15k INR. I personally prefer Da lite screen based on reviews? This is for a dedicated HT room of dimenstions 20x13x10. I got confused when i saw so many models from Da lite in its site.

And I am starting from scratch to build a HT and the room will be ready by this june. Not yet planned for acoustics.

Appreciate your help,
Saravanan

The length of a 100in 16:9 screen is about 7.5 ft & it's weight about 14-15kgs... Bringing it from the us is highly problematic... Try to get it from here itself... Da-lite one should run you 20k plus even in the us...

2D or 3D? I prefer Stewart Filmscreen, but I project video and photographic film. It is a pain to carry a screen on the plane. You must check it as baggage, and usually there is an extra fee for "odd size" and the the security crab-wallahs want to unroll it.

2D or 3D? I prefer Stewart Filmscreen, but I project video and photographic film. It is a pain to carry a screen on the plane. You must check it as baggage, and usually there is an extra fee for "odd size" and the the security crab-wallahs want to unroll it.

2D. Ya, i have asked my friend for the baggage restriction on dimension. My hopes are less to buy screen from US cos of its dimension...i will settled down for something i can get in bangalore within 15k.

chk out Vega or Grandview
these are very much available in bangalore , quiet reasonably priced am in the process of getting the vega motorised 150" screen

Yesterday i bought grandview liberty screen,120inch motorized,16:9 here for 25k net.

thats a great price for a 16:9 motorised

is it Grandview or liberty IMO they are different brands

Liberty and vega i guess is the same Hong kong based brands

projector screen from US is good idea
But for newbies i suggest go by DIY laminate way,
costed just 3k for 110 incher screen ,laminates have better gain
however it is fixed screen

Guys,

I am in the process of building my new house with a small HT room. The DIY laminate idea sounds good to be for a dedicated HT room.

How do I go about it?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back