Projector Shelf or Wall Mount

canchi

Finally, procured my first HD Projector, the Optoma HD 20, had some problems deciding how to mount it. Got some excellent feedback from fellow hfv members, as evidenced in this thread.
I then resolved to put up a second wall mount ( or shelf) higher up for the HD Pj as in pic below. This mount cost me 450 bucks at SP Road, the lower mount was Rs950 bought off ebay more than a year ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Have decided to keep the LED PJ ( LG HS201 ), for my kids to play games and to watch HD cable TV channels ;). And keep the Optoma exclusively for movie watching!
Cheers

HI canchi,

You have the same setup as mine. I have LG LED projector for HD ready and SD contents and Epson for full HD contents. Nice mounts though.

I have a denon 1911 avr and need to connect both these projectors to the single hdmi output on the avr. Do I use a hdmi switch and any pointers and links to such a device from the hfv members?

There are HDMI splitters for this purpose. Search ebay.in

While many hdmi splitters/switchers are available on ebay like this one, they talk of 3 inputs and one output. I am trying to get a gadget that sends the signal from the solitary hdmi output of the denon 1911 avr to either the LED pj or the HD pj by means of a physical or remote switch. Is this one of any use?

Wonder how hfv members with projectors on ceiling mounts cap the pj lens after use? I find I have to use a ladder to reach the pj. And do you cover the pj to prevent dust from entering?

Canchi, yes, closing the PJ at high mounts will always be an issue, we have to live with it. fortunately, Both my PJ are reachable for closing the lids.

The setup I currently have is :- I run all the devices to AVR and a single Hdmi cable to HDMI splitter. I have 2 in and 1 out splitter from MX. this sends signal to both the PJ simulteniously. But I make sure I watch only 1 Pj at a time...:eek:hyeah:

Let me know what u feel of this setup.

While many hdmi splitters/switchers are available on ebay like this one, they talk of 3 inputs and one output. I am trying to get a gadget that sends the signal from the solitary hdmi output of the denon 1911 avr to either the LED pj or the HD pj by means of a physical or remote switch. Is this one of any use?

That should work. This one claims to be 3D ready. Or go for MX HDMI splitter as suggested above.

Canchi,

Just noticed your photo clearly. Did you just place the projector upside down in the stand? I hope the buttons dont play naughty.. Is it safe is first place?

My initial setup was supposed to be like that then I decided not to...

Canchi,

Just noticed your photo clearly. Did you just place the projector upside down in the stand? I hope the buttons dont play naughty.. Is it safe is first place?

My initial setup was supposed to be like that then I decided not to...

Yes, it is upside down, no problems with the buttons, pretty safe.

Thanks Canchi. Usually there will be pressure on the bulb section of the PJ. I thought Initially to place my PJ similarly with 4 rubber bushes (small) on 4 corners.Just to ease the pressure. Also, need some other info from your signature. will PM you.

Canchi,

It is a very good idea to have separate projectors. Congratulations.

I too have 2 projectors one for movies and other for viewing live data of various markets for trading. I have them mounted on ceiling at 15 and 8 feet from screen.

V.

Have decided to keep the LED PJ ( LG HS201 ), for my kids to play games and to watch HD cable TV channels ;). And keep the Optoma exclusively for movie watching!
Cheers

In my case i have a dedicated room so i do not cover the lens or put a cover as there is no question of dust because the room has no windows and the room is always closed.

In-fact earlier i had a projector lift, once i was done with movie the projector would go into the false ceiling so all the more protection. Such lifts are expensive but idle who do not have a dedicated room as they do not have to worry about dust or for some fragile issues.

V.

Wonder how hfv members with projectors on ceiling mounts cap the pj lens after use? I find I have to use a ladder to reach the pj. And do you cover the pj to prevent dust from entering?

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back