Protouch Universal remote UR-501L

After adding TV and onkyo via code, for xtreamer I added 26 buttons (counting in my head)
For Tv +1 button
onkyo +3 button

Total = 30 buttons

maybe thats the reason you have some memory left to input. But Denon they have given only 1 code and only power on and off works :eek:hyeah: then you have to load a whole gamut of other buttons :sad:

So is it worth the buy?
Well again it depends, if you have standard branded devices, you should be good. But if you have other media players like xtreamer, popcorn hour, you have to encode all the buttons manually and the limited memory might not help :sad:
So you decide.

How many buttons does denon has? Which do you have? Also for onkyo I have left the buttons which it has learnt by codes and added buttons, which I use daily. Excluded the buttons which I have not used at all.
Or else you could erase the learnt feature of denon and manually add the buttons.

@gadgetcrazy - For me it is still worth a buy. For Rs. 500/- I cant ask for more. If it has limitation futher to add devices, I can just add the day to day button and leave advanced button on the original remote, which will be used rarely.

So its upto you how you make it worth.

How many buttons does denon has? Which do you have? Also for onkyo I have left the buttons which it has learnt by codes and added buttons, which I use daily. Excluded the buttons which I have not used at all.
Or else you could erase the learnt feature of denon and manually add the buttons.

@gadgetcrazy - For me it is still worth a buy. For Rs. 500/- I cant ask for more. If it has limitation futher to add devices, I can just add the day to day button and leave advanced button on the original remote, which will be used rarely.

So its upto you how you make it worth.

Rajesh as per the code i fed for Denon, only the power on and volume up and down works. No buttons to select the inputs like [BD, DVD, GAME, TUNER etc]. Even i have input only the buttons i frequently use..

Bought it.
I have a Tatasky HD, a panasonic plasma, AC Ryan media player, Philips DVD player and Onkyo 3300. Hope these will work.

vin eme - check the post by canchi in this thread, he has configured denon 1911. You could check with him.

gadgetcrazy - I believe it will work. If there is shortage of buttons on remote say for TV, still you could add more buttons using M button (magic button) on the pro remote.

vin eme - check the post by canchi in this thread, he has configured denon 1911. You could check with him.

gadgetcrazy - I believe it will work. If there is shortage of buttons on remote say for TV, still you could add more buttons using M button (magic button) on the pro remote.
Sure Rajesh..will check with him..

Bought this remote thru ebay. Am using it for 4 devices
1. Denon 1911
2. WD TV Live
3. LG HS201 LED projector
4. Hathway set-top box
All of them work like a charm. You need to use the "learning" mode and manually configure the buttons and that works incredibly well.
Couldn't use it to control the PS3 - I presume that is because the PS3 remote is bluetooth while this is IR !

Canchi, did u you use the learning function or input the code for Denon 1911 AMP ??

Canchi, did u you use the learning function or input the code for Denon 1911 AMP ??

Yes I did( the learning function), and it works very well. For changing from dvd to bd to sat , tuner ,etc I used the nos 1 to 5 on the protouch and it works like a charm. Cofigured other buttons like menu, vol, etc, no problems. Have not reached the limit of this remote's memory yet....

I can not get AC ryan to work with this, :(
Everything else works and works well. The product is not there in the list and also using the search method it does not work.

I can not get AC ryan to work with this, :(
Everything else works and works well. The product is not there in the list and also using the search method it does not work.

I am using it like below -

TV = TV
STB = TS HD+
AMP = nothing
DVD = Sony DVD Player
VCR = Xtreamer Sidewinder 2

In my case
TV - TV
Sat - Tatasky
Amp - AVR
DVD - tried to configure POHD, will configure DVD player else.
VCR - nothing yet.
Also my AVR would switch on using the power button but it does not switch off. Wonder how I can make it "learn" that.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

How have you configured your AVR? through code, search or learn mode. Learn mode in this remote is very useful. You could use that to configure power.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back