PS3: which region/games

audiodelic

Buying a PS3 40 gb .. some concerns

I purely intend to use this for multiplayer gaming and as a blu ray player. Is the network decent in India are there lot of players ? i have a 512 airtel connection .... any experiences

Any good reason to buy the 80gb whereas i can just replace the hdd later?

Any reason i should be looking at the region a rather than region c one available with warranty?

Games i plan to buy
Battlefield Bad Company
Call of Duty 4
Resistance - havent played this yet

thanks

Buying a PS3 40 gb .. some concerns

I purely intend to use this for multiplayer gaming and as a blu ray player. Is the network decent in India are there lot of players ? i have a 512 airtel connection .... any experiences

Any good reason to buy the 80gb whereas i can just replace the hdd later?

Any reason i should be looking at the region a rather than region c one available with warranty?

Games i plan to buy
Battlefield Bad Company
Call of Duty 4
Resistance - havent played this yet

thanks

ps3 games are supposed to be region free (though there are problems with a couple of games) and most work on all regions. Only bluerays are region locked - sxo makes more sense to get a ps3 in india.

get a 40 gb ps3 and upgrade to a 500gb or 1 Tb internal 2.5" 5400 rpm HDD.

a 512 kps connection would be useless with high latencies that Indian broadband providers give - you need a 1mbps connection at least for good online gaming experience atleast with the games you mentioned. And do not worry about the networks - there will be a lot of online gamers from aorudn the world.

How is the blu ray market in India ? Is region c most dominant apart from the region free titles ?

40gb one doesn't have dual shock remotes. 80GB one has them. Whether you want to pay extra for 80GB model (not just for the hdd, but also the remotes) is your call.

Are you more likely to buy blurays from India with Indian region code or from the US in near future? Maybe you can base your region decision on that. It has happened with me - some of the DVDs purchased in India would not work with DVD player purchased in India and gave region error. The DVD was US region.

regards

40gb one doesn't have dual shock remotes. 80GB one has them. Whether you want to pay extra for 80GB model (not just for the hdd, but also the remotes) is your call.

Are you more likely to buy blurays from India with Indian region code or from the US in near future? Maybe you can base your region decision on that. It has happened with me - some of the DVDs purchased in India would not work with DVD player purchased in India and gave region error. The DVD was US region.

regards

dual shock means the vibrating effect ?

dvds are not a issue i have the 983h for that. i guess ill be renting blu rays in india in the near future so what are they likely to carry region c hopefully

dual shock means the vibrating effect ?

dvds are not a issue i have the 983h for that. i guess ill be renting blu rays in india in the near future so what are they likely to carry region c hopefully

Yes Dual Shock means vibrating effect during the game play. If DVD are not the issue and you would rent blu rays from India then defenitely go for the Indian region PS3 i.e C because most of the blu ray titles availaible here are either region free or Region locked to C, but there is one disadvantage to this because not all movies are released by Indian distributers and through Blu rays yet, and they are readily availaible on amazon.com which you can buy online and shipped to India, there the region code would come into play as most of them are region locked to A,. For eg Spider Man3 when released on Blu ray was on Region A on amazon but in India it was released a year later on the blu ray media with region free.SO my Point is that if you can wait for your movies to be released for Indian Players then go for PS3 else look for Panasonic BD players which can be converted to Region Free for BD's as well as DVD's.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back