PSA: Check price drop of Q Acoustics 3050i and Concept 40 and snag them if you like them

k-pad

Hi all,
Somewhere down the line in my HT journey, as can be seen in many other threads. Happened to hear the Q Acoustics 3050is and the Concept 40s today.
Really loved the warmth and neutrality of their highs and mids. I personally found the 3050is to have more low end grunt than the Concepts. Which could be due to the difference in their woofer sizes.

The thing is they were being offered for 75K (3050i) and 87K (Concept 40), way lower than their marked price.

As it transpires, Q Acoustics seems to be coming out with a Concept 50 this or next month, whose starting MRP is gonna be around 2000 pounds retail (says 3000 pounds on their website). Which makes it twice as expensive as the Concept 40s, and half the price of the old Concept 500s. (Still haven't figured out whether the older Concept will be discontinued)

So, I guess Indian dealers are willing to let go of their current stock at hefty discounts, as it seems from the offers already available.

These two models, IMO, are quite stunning for their MRP, leave alone their discounted prices, and will work for anyone with a room of around 15x10, give or take 2-3 feet, and truly into music. (They have been really popular in this forum for decent sized dedicated/living room HT too)

Hence thought I'll spread the word. Go ahead, give them a listen, drive a hard bargain.

Thank me later. :)

Last edited:
Hi all,
Somewhere down the line in my HT journey, as can be seen in many other threads. Happened to hear the Q Acoustics 3050is and the Concept 40s today.
Really loved the warmth and neutrality of their highs and mids. I personally found the 3050is to have more low end grunt than the Concepts. Which could be due to the difference in their woofer sizes.

The thing is they were being offered for 75K (3050i) and 87K (Concept 40), way lower than their marked price.

As it transpires, Q Acoustics seems to be coming out with a Concept 50 this or next month, whose starting MRP is gonna be around 2000 pounds retail (says 3000 pounds on their website). Which makes it twice as expensive as the Concept 40s, and half the price of the old Concept 500s. (Still haven't figured out whether the older Concept will be discontinued)

So, I guess Indian dealers are willing to let go of their current stock at hefty discounts, as it seems from the offers already available.

These two models, IMO, are quite stunning for their MRP, leave alone their discounted prices, and will work for anyone with a room of around 15x10, give or take 2-3 feet, and truly into music. (They have been really popular in this forum for decent sized dedicated/living room HT too)

Hence thought I'll spread the word. Go ahead, give them a listen, drive a hard bargain.

Thank me later. :)

Nice share!

Given current scenario of sales in the market, there are many dealers who would offer such deals and one needs to be careful to check if the dealer is official and is providing the actual warranty. Simple Google searches or contacting the manufacture through email (Customer Support) will provide the clarification. It may take a week or two but will help to avoid unnecessary issues in future.

If one has an existing good relationship with known dealers, there also would be preferential rates or special discounts available without hard bargaining. New buyers can always try to crack a deal with realistic prices based on facts available.

Where group buys are possible for a particular product or model, it would be great to share with all over the forum which can also possible attract more potential buyers and possibly get the buy rate further reduced (if feasible).

I have been using 3050i speakers for quite some time, and these are really value for money speakers.
Tried them with x3700, crown + tube preamp, NAD 320BEE and even NAD + Tube Preamp. These speakers can work with any kind of system you throw at it, and you wouldn't be disappointed.

The bass is punchy and just right, highs are not sharp but smooth. Any genre of music can be played through these at moderate or loud volumes and 3050i handle them just right.

On a side note one needs to be careful how they are placed, if not placed properly they can sound boomy. These speakers need room to breath around. Also come with port plugs to avoid this.

20210902_214403_resize_29.jpg

I have been using 3050i speakers for quite some time, and these are really value for money speakers.
Tried them with x3700, crown + tube preamp, NAD 320BEE and even NAD + Tube Preamp. These speakers can work with any kind of system you throw at it, and you wouldn't be disappointed.

The bass is punchy and just right, highs are not sharp but smooth. Any genre of music can be played through these at moderate or loud volumes and 3050i handle them just right.

On a side note one needs to be careful how they are placed, if not placed properly they can sound boomy. These speakers need room to breath around. Also come with port plugs to avoid this.

View attachment 63057

Love your placement and arrangement of things Amrut. Especially the rack for controllers with Spiderman in between :)

Someone in this forum was recently offered the 3050i at 57k & I’ve seen it at the same price on HIFIMART as well (less 9k offer). So the price quoted by you are definitely nowhere close to the lowest.

View attachment 63057
I'd suggest that you move each speaker atleast 1.5ft away from the centre unit so that they get more breathing space around them.

Love your placement and arrangement of things Amrut. Especially the rack for controllers with Spiderman in between :)

And I am still thinking how to declutter the mess. :p

I'd suggest that you move each speaker atleast 1.5ft away from the centre unit so that they get more breathing space around them.

I tried that, center imaging and the sound stage gets spoilt and right now I have a NAD 320BEE sitting vertically just next to the left speaker. I have space constraints to move them forward too. I even had kept them 8-9 feet apart but did not like how they sounded for music, for movies it was good. Also the maid has issues in cleaning stuff, she had dropped my old speakers.

After alot of different positions, found this is the ideal position for my room.

Someone in this forum was recently offered the 3050i at 57k & I’ve seen it at the same price on HIFIMART as well (less 9k offer). So the price quoted by you are definitely nowhere close to the lowest.
Yes, some months ago it was around 57k in hifimart. Previous to that I had a call with Anil from hifimart for some other things and he had informed me that the prices for QA products would increase by a decent margin in the coming months. Maybe that's the reason why the QA products cost more today.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back