Pull trigger on Macbook Pro?

leftysax

Right, so the new Macbook Pro's are out with the i5 and i7 processors. I'm looking at the 15" Macbook Pro i5 with 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive. Basically, I will only be using it to edit standard definition video from a camcorder. Do u think its possible to just edit these SD videos on my PC (AMD 7750, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850) instead of blowing the bank balance on the Macbook Pro?
Basically, is it worth it or should i just use a regular pc?

Right, so the new Macbook Pro's are out with the i5 and i7 processors. I'm looking at the 15" Macbook Pro i5 with 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive. Basically, I will only be using it to edit standard definition video from a camcorder. Do u think its possible to just edit these SD videos on my PC (AMD 7750, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850) instead of blowing the bank balance on the Macbook Pro?
Basically, is it worth it or should i just use a regular pc?

hi leftysax-

from 1999 to 2003 - used a powerbook G4 and final cut express to edit SD video- the lcd blew -replaced lcd- motherboard sank - bought macbook - used for 1 year - son took it away - now editing on wife's toshiba - and of course, i am able to edit, title and give voice over to videos on toshiba (as you can on your PC) - but i miss the slick elegance of final cut express on MAC OSX.

i am curious - what is your line of work?

regds suri

if you have extra money and you need to feel good about yourself - you need to direct your cash towards the apple store - but, if you just need to get the job done and need your money for other things - your PC will work just fine

Last edited:
Why go for a Mac ??..............The Desktop you have is enough for SD Video Editing......

hi leftysax,

i think bout 8 of the ten documentary winners at the oscars were edited using apple's pro platform final cut pro. use apple at your own risk. anything else after this will appear quite terrible to use. makes computing a joy. :licklips:

then again depends on what you're really looking for, as in do you want/revel in the apple experience or just want plain utility.

regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back