Q acoustics 3020 vs Wharfedale 220

amitksvs

Hey, I did not find much on Q acoustics here! Can you please comment on comparison between Q acoustics 3020 and Wharfedale 220? I am considering one of these for pairing with Denon AVR X 1200W (as fronts). which one will pair better with Denon 1200W? I will eventually be building 5.1 setup around the chosen Front speakers.

Users of Q Acoustics and Wharfedale please share your valuable comments.

I have not listened to either of them. I have the Q Acoustics Concept 20 and they are very good for their price.

A friend of mine has the 3050 FS with Denon X1200w and he has been very positive of the sound quality.

Q acoustics have a warm sound to which you can listen to for hours without any fatigue.

I have read lot of positives about wharfedale but listened to only few models but liked the concept 20 better in terms of sound and build quality.

Please try and audition both the speakers well. Also check out other brands before you decide.

Good luck.

Hi Amitksvs

Since you are the end user and are based in Mumbai, it would be best you go and audition these speakers with your music....at least you will be able to decide and make a choice...

Dont forget that there are other brands available which you can audition...Taga, Bostons, Cambridge Audio, Acoustic Energy, BIC America etc. etc.

If budget is a constraint, look out for pre owned stuff in For Sale by Owner or Hi Fi Ads...

All the best

Hey, I did not find much on Q acoustics here! Can you please comment on comparison between Q acoustics 3020 and Wharfedale 220? I am considering one of these for pairing with Denon AVR X 1200W (as fronts). which one will pair better with Denon 1200W? I will eventually be building 5.1 setup around the chosen Front speakers.

Users of Q Acoustics and Wharfedale please share your valuable comments.

I have heard Wharfedale 220, and i feel it's more musical :)

Have you heard a Q acoustics too? as you said Wharfedale is more musical!

No, i have listened Dali Zensor, Tanoy, Dynaudio, Kef, B&W.
But i listened when i was @ Tokyo, and it was paired with a very high end Luxman CD player and Amp (Both 1 Lac+ each). I really enjoyed listening to Wharfedale 220, 230, 240 (No 250 :().

But again Amp synergy is very very important factor.

So personally i bought Active speakers :eek:hyeah:

I use the QAcoustics 2010 and I'm very pleased with them. As is the opinion of many others it depends on which amp/receiver it is paired with. It also depends on personal listening choice, so follow your ears. What could be music to my ears may be noise to someone else. Since you stay in Mumbai there are a variety of options for you to go and audition, after all it's your ears which need to be in agreement with your wallet.

Just my 2 cents mate!

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

I plan to pair QA 3020 with Denon X1200W, I understand the importance of Auditioning personally but no one has Q Acoustics available for Audition (at least no one came across me and I enquired with many); so was hoping that folks from Bangalore or Pune might help!

If you would want to listen to Concept 20 or 2010i paired with a Arcam amp you are welcome to my place.

If you already have the Denon avr you may carry that too along to try the pairing.

I can also check with my friend who has the 3050 FS paired with Denon X1200w if you are interested in listening to the Floorstanders.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back