Q Acoustics 3020i vs Polk RTi A3

sumitabhg

Hi,

I am trying to finalize on one of the bookshelf pair for my Living room. Any suggestions will be helpful.

I have narrowed down to QA 3020i and Polk RTi A3 . I want to try something non-British sounding.

My Requirement

1. Stereo only
2. Should not be too bright sounding (Warmer is better) + Natural sound without any colorization
3. Speaker needs to be aesthetically pleasant looking
4. Using an Old NAD 320BEE Integrated Amp (50W per channel)
5. Will go for only new speaker
6. Budget +/- 25K INR
7. Wont be able to audition right now.

Thanks in Advance.

-Sumit

If for music, did you try Dali Zensor 3? I havnt heard it, but they got great reviews. I have auditioned polk rti a3s, but it was a theater setup and I tested movies. Found to be really great with bright sound stage

Out of the shortlisted, I feel Polk will have a more rounded sound overall. The QA will be very good right highs and miss, not so good with lows.

I would urge you to check out Zensor 3 too. If already done, what did you find lacking?

MaSh

Hello submit,

I am using dali zensor 3 with nad 326bee and it's just amazing with all the frequency well articulated.

Contact dni for dali z3, u can get it in ur budget.

Hi,

I am trying to finalize on one of the bookshelf pair for my Living room. Any suggestions will be helpful.

I have narrowed down to QA 3020i and Polk RTi A3 . I want to try something non-British sounding.

My Requirement

1. Stereo only
2. Should not be too bright sounding (Warmer is better) + Natural sound without any colorization
6. Budget +/- 25K INR

Thanks in Advance.

-Sumit

If you need suggestion to select between the two models you have mentioned, I suggest RTi A3.

But if you are ready to explore more brands and also ready to stretch your budget there are many more better speakers.
When I compared RTi A3 with KEF Q300, I felt KEF was giving more clarify for music. But for movies RTi A3 produced more bass.
When I compared RTi A3 with SVS Prime Bookshelf, SVS was better for movies as well as for music.

I would suggest you to audition with couple of music CDs you have. Listen to the songs you are familiar with and decide on a model you like.
When it comes to speakers, you can use them for years, it is better to stretch the budget if required and buy the model you like.
Audition Wharfedale, Dali, KEF, SVS, Paradigm etc. if possible and decide.

Please note that once you buy, the product becomes used product and value comes down drastically. You won't get much money for used product even if it is under warranty.

If you need suggestion to select between the two models you have mentioned, I suggest RTi A3.

But if you are ready to explore more brands and also ready to stretch your budget there are many more better speakers.
When I compared RTi A3 with KEF Q300, I felt KEF was giving more clarify for music. But for movies RTi A3 produced more bass.
When I compared RTi A3 with SVS Prime Bookshelf, SVS was better for movies as well as for music.

I would suggest you to audition with couple of music CDs you have. Listen to the songs you are familiar with and decide on a model you like.
When it comes to speakers, you can use them for years, it is better to stretch the budget if required and buy the model you like.
Audition Wharfedale, Dali, KEF, SVS, Paradigm etc. if possible and decide.

Please note that once you buy, the product becomes used product and value comes down drastically. You won't get much money for used product even if it is under warranty.

Stretching my budget is not an option at this point of time. So I guess I am leaning towards Polk s right now.

-Sumit

Stretching my budget is not an option at this point of time. So I guess I am leaning towards Polk s right now.

-Sumit

Not sure if you have auditioned Polk S20 (bookshelf) & S50 (Tower) signature series, I was blown away with the way it sounded... amazing, u don't need additional sub for these speakers. I felt its lot better than RTi. Below is the price from ProFx bangalore.

Polk S20 - Mrp 25,000/- with 15% discount ---> Rs 21,250/-
Polk S50 - Mrp 41,000/- with 15% discount ---> Rs 34,850/-

If there is any possibility to Stretch your budget i would recommend to opt for Polk S50.

Regards,
Binu

Hi,

My Requirement

1. Stereo only
6. Budget +/- 25K INR

Thanks in Advance.

-Sumit

Polks over all would be better....

Have you checked certain Taga models? Bose 301s (series II actually else series IV or V), Boston Acoustics? Jamo C Series?

If you remove the non British condition then there will be better option than Polk... Monitor Audio Bronze 2, Wharddale Diamond 225 are few good speakers needs to consider... Other than that . KEF Q350 have very good center image with clearity and details. ELAC B6 have chrisp and punchy bass but need power . Polk RTIA3 is very good option but I found them little bright with shrill in top end. May be with NAD, this will come down. Dali Zenser 3 also same as Polk but better in clearity, details and bass than Polk but bright. Monitor Audio Bronze 2 seems to be bright but they are incredibly detailed with strong center image. Now available on classified section for 25K. Q3020i have not audition but they are also good speakers but require sub for low end.( Just opinion). One speakers great in all respects... Boston Acoustics A26. Little laid back but very good sound signature with strong bass line. Highest value for money product, at least once audition before purchase

@. Dali Zenser 3 also same as Polk but better in clarity
You can have a look at Dali Spektor 2,it’s better than Dz3 for stereo music.(am using both)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back