QB12 vs BIC PL200II

amrutmhatre90

I am on a verge to change my speaker setup completely.

Will be going for Q Accoustics 3050i, 3090ci, 3010i which will be powered by Denon x3700, the fronts will be connected to Crown XLS in both HT and Stereo setup.
Stereo is a Tube Pre Amp to Crown XLS.
50% movies 50% music and my room is somewhat treated, 20x10x10.

Initially thought of going for QB12 which is a sealed sub, but heard very good reviews for BIC PL200II and it is much powerful than QB12.
And I can save some buying BIC too.

Only thing I am worried is BIC shouldn't be boomy, it will have ample room around it but still makes me nervous, don't want to bother neighbours.

Any sub that is not calibrated or placed properly will be boomy. Bic has launched pl300 which you should consider if planning for Bic subwoofer.

I am on a verge to change my speaker setup completely.

Will be going for Q Accoustics 3050i, 3090ci, 3010i which will be powered by Denon x3700, the fronts will be connected to Crown XLS in both HT and Stereo setup.
Stereo is a Tube Pre Amp to Crown XLS.
50% movies 50% music and my room is somewhat treated, 20x10x10.

Initially thought of going for QB12 which is a sealed sub, but heard very good reviews for BIC PL200II and it is much powerful than QB12.
And I can save some buying BIC too.

Only thing I am worried is BIC shouldn't be boomy, it will have ample room around it but still makes me nervous, don't want to bother neighbours.

Refer to the owners thread where first hand experience is available, if placed and tuned appropriately it will work properly.

Any sub that is not calibrated or placed properly will be boomy. Bic has launched pl300 which you should consider if planning for Bic subwoofer.

Agree with you about the placement, but the PL300 could be a overkill for my setup. I am already worried about PL200.

Refer to the owners thread where first hand experience is available, if placed and tuned appropriately it will work properly.

Thanks.

My question is should I get the BIC instead of QB?

Love4sound, thanks for the suggestion you will empty my pockets. :p
But if I am getting the PL300 at price of QB i might go for it.

Agree with you about the placement, but the PL300 could be a overkill for my setup. I am already worried about PL200.

Thanks.

For ur room even dual bic 300 won’t be an over kill. QB 12 I haven’t heard but should be good based on owners feedback.

Last edited:

Thanks.

Check the dimensions of the PL 300 and see if you have a decent spot to place it. Although not heard the QB12, I believe it is equally good based on what i read and heard from others.

Check the dimensions of the PL 300 and see if you have a decent spot to place it. Although not heard the QB12, I believe it is equally good based on what i read and heard from others.

Current Taga TSW-212 SE is almost similarly sized as BIC 300, BIC is a bit taller.

Placement not an issue, just wanted to see how these fare against each other. BIC comes on top for now, I rarely listen to music with Subs on.

Difference between BIC PL300 and QB12 was 5k, BIC was expensive than QB after discounts.

Went for BIC PL300, I rarely listen to music with subs and 3050i have enough grunt for it.
Read as many reviews as possible and everyone loved them.

Waiting for them to arrive, Thanks to Love4Sound I never knew such sub existed.

Difference between BIC PL300 and QB12 was 5k, BIC was expensive than QB after discounts.

Went for BIC PL300, I rarely listen to music with subs and 3050i have enough grunt for it.
Read as many reviews as possible and everyone loved them.

Waiting for them to arrive, Thanks to Love4Sound I never knew such sub existed.
Happy to help. I have even tried dual Bic pl200-ii in my small 10*10 HT room. Calibrated well it will give a very good movie experience. This was my set up 2 years back which is far different to what I have now

Attachments

• D96C3F4B-FA45-4E1B-B5AC-8C380FA42A65.jpeg
    D96C3F4B-FA45-4E1B-B5AC-8C380FA42A65.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 56
Happy to help. I have even tried dual Bic pl200-ii in my small 10*10 HT room. Calibrated well it will give a very good movie experience. This was my set up 2 years back which is far different to what I have now
All I am worried is it shouldn't break anything at my neighbours house :p
Will have to test how loud does it get at his place. In general I don't listen to loud volumes, but need that chest hit. And avoid going at volumes where it is trouble for them.

Currently stocks are less for BIC PL300, Q acoustics will be delivered soon.

Will just hook up and calibrate after proper burn in. As the BIC is front ported I can keep them flush or keep minimum gap from the walls right?

Will have to test how loud does it get at his place. In general I don't listen to loud volumes, but need that chest hit. And avoid going at volumes where it is trouble for them.

Will just hook up and calibrate after proper burn in. As the BIC is front ported I can keep them flush or keep minimum gap from the walls right?
you can keep near to wall as u can see from the image I also kept it close to the wall. Chest hit depends on how the sub is going to respond to your room. For the best subwoofer calibration I would highly recommend investing in a umik.

Once you receive the BIC PL 300, post pics and your experience in the BIC America Subwoofers Thread which will help existing and new members as guidance.

Keep sub volume on 40% to 50% and then run auto setup.....

I have a QB12 and am really happy with it.

I have not heard any BIC sub, so apologies, cannot offer a comparison.

Once you receive the BIC PL 300, post pics and your experience in the BIC America Subwoofers Thread which will help existing and new members as guidance.

Keep sub volume on 40% to 50% and then run auto setup.....

Surely, won't be running auto setup for few days till all the speakers and subs breakin.
Usual music listening is 4 hours a day and gaming and movies around 2-3 hours. Speakers would be played for almost 6-7 hrs a day.

In a week should be able to understand them better and then run audyssey. I have seen slight difference in calibration post burn in.

I have a QB12 and am really happy with it.

I have not heard any BIC sub, so apologies, cannot offer a comparison.

No worries, your usage might be inclined towards music too right?

Surely, won't be running auto setup for few days till all the speakers and subs breakin.
Usual music listening is 4 hours a day and gaming and movies around 2-3 hours. Speakers would be played for almost 6-7 hrs a day.

In a week should be able to understand them better and then run audyssey. I have seen slight difference in calibration post burn in.

Yes. I am using the QB12 in my stereo music setup. I keep the volume on the sub turned quite low, because I just want to fill out the base response from the stereo speakers.

For my home theatre, I use a Polk sub, which is satisfyingly loud and room shaking :)

Honestly the auto setup ensures that the appropriate frequency spectrum is sent to the specific speakers appropriately.

As for the SVS sub I got in my life recently after selling the BIC sub, It did obviously require break it. It makes sense to run setup and then let the break in process work slowly for a couple of weeks (depending on 20 - 50 hours of use). I kept my Audyssey settings on FLAT....prefer it on FLAT, sounds much better than REFERENCE. Tweaked the LF for all speakers according to their capacity / handling capability, this also helps to ensure that all frequencies are covered from Lowest to highest. Kept a 10hz slight overlap between the Fronts and Sub. It integrates well and does not sound boomy or muddy at all.

Finally the subwoofer arrived last week, BIC was not available anyplace. Would have to wait 1 month or more for BIC. And was afraid of breaking something or annoying neighbours, so went ahead with QB12. Had to wait for QB12 too, stocks were less.

While the QB12 arrived, I was using Sunfire SFS12 provided by the dealer. I liked how it gelled with the Q Acoustics, music listening experience was great but for movies the added oomph was lacking.

QB12 still has to burn in, did not calibrate it yet and will run in about 10-14 hours.
Initial impressions are this is very heavy but compact for a 12inch sub. It has the thump and tight punch, can start feeling it from 20hz.
Loving it so far. Will post views after I calibrate the system again.

20210926_130411_resize_10.jpg

20210926_132013_resize_35.jpg

20210926_132021_resize_60.jpg

20210926_131624_resize_27.jpg

Finally the subwoofer arrived last week, BIC was not available anyplace. Would have to wait 1 month or more for BIC. And was afraid of breaking something or annoying neighbours, so went ahead with QB12. Had to wait for QB12 too, stocks were less.

While the QB12 arrived, I was using Sunfire SFS12 provided by the dealer. I liked how it gelled with the Q Acoustics, music listening experience was great but for movies the added oomph was lacking.

QB12 still has to burn in, did not calibrate it yet and will run in about 10-14 hours.
Initial impressions are this is very heavy but compact for a 12inch sub. It has the thump and tight punch, can start feeling it from 20hz.
Loving it so far. Will post views after I calibrate the system again.

View attachment 62348

View attachment 62349

View attachment 62350

View attachment 62351
What is the thing you put below qb12? Is it rubber sheet?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back