QB12 vs BIC PL200II

I believe the idea of placing the mat is to avoid vibrations on the floor which is transferred by the sub when it outputs at loud volumes. Some sub brands and models have spikes or normal feet so such mats are used to ensure the sub also stays in place on the tiled flooring.

The SVS SB1000 I am using has good rubber feet which keeps it firm on the tiled flooring I have. A mat is not required in my case.

I dont think there would be much difference in bass output but a mat would typically ensure the sub is firm in place and output as it is designed to. Besides the power output and the frequencies a sub can handle, the type of room and placement also matters to get the best bass from the sub.

I believe the idea of placing the mat is to avoid vibrations on the floor which is transferred by the sub when it outputs at loud volumes. Some sub brands and models have spikes or normal feet so such mats are used to ensure the sub also stays in place on the tiled flooring.

The SVS SB1000 I am using has good rubber feet which keeps it firm on the tiled flooring I have. A mat is not required in my case.

I dont think there would be much difference in bass output but a mat would typically ensure the sub is firm in place and output as it is designed to. Besides the power output and the frequencies a sub can handle, the type of room and placement also matters to get the best bass from the sub.
Yes, the isolators should not impact bass quality. Some Sub brands recommend to use, for firm stability of subwoofer cabin.

But, is there any difference in bass with and without may?
Yes, the isolators should not impact bass quality. Some Sub brands recommend to use, for firm stability of subwoofer cabin.
Yes right, no difference. Using just to keep it isolated from tiles and not annoy neighbours around and below me. Never A/B tested.

Finally the subwoofer arrived last week, BIC was not available anyplace. Would have to wait 1 month or more for BIC. And was afraid of breaking something or annoying neighbours, so went ahead with QB12. Had to wait for QB12 too, stocks were less.

While the QB12 arrived, I was using Sunfire SFS12 provided by the dealer. I liked how it gelled with the Q Acoustics, music listening experience was great but for movies the added oomph was lacking.

QB12 still has to burn in, did not calibrate it yet and will run in about 10-14 hours.
Initial impressions are this is very heavy but compact for a 12inch sub. It has the thump and tight punch, can start feeling it from 20hz.
Loving it so far. Will post views after I calibrate the system again.

View attachment 62348

View attachment 62349

View attachment 62350

View attachment 62351
Congrats. Do share your experience / feedback about the QB12.

Finally I calibrated the QB12 and I absolutely love the way it sounds. Thumps, not at all boomy and punchy fast.

I had to slightly increase the gain more than 12 o clock on the sub, more than usual compared to past subwoofers I owned.
It blends superbly with the Q acoustic speakers, and the subwoofer just disappeared.

I thought I will be happy with music performance more than movies, but I was wrong this is 50/50 this sub is not only great for music but for movies too.
Though I rarely listen to the music with subs as I hv integrated amp/power amp combo, but whenever I hear it is a very good experience how well it gels with rest of the speakers.

Calibration is the key, one would need to play around to get the best. But once done this is the best sub i heard period in the budget.
Moreover happy that my neighbours don't come knocking to lower the volume.

I used both QB12 and BIC PL200ii.
Liked the BIC for movies but for music it was a no no.
Recently picked up QB12 and been using for stereo and man! It’s good. Worth that every penny I have put in for that.
It does not do what some of the subs typically designed for stereo but this is no compromise for its bass accuracy.

Guess who is here!

20211101_145156_resize_19.jpg20211101_145214_resize_55.jpg20211101_145221_resize_17.jpg20211101_115906_resize_48.jpg

@Love4sound thank you for introducing me to this sub, man this is so powerful and goes deep!!!!

Without calibration and volume at 0 I could feel gun shots in my guts and the windows rattling at low frequencies, all this at listening very less volume. (-25db)

I am setting up my close friends HT so ordered this, but he likes QB12 more than this and says this is huge.

20211101_120407_resize_16.jpg
How it looks next to QB12
I am tempted to exchange this!!!

In depth review will come in sometime, this guy is here till December with me.

Guess who is here!

View attachment 63597View attachment 63598View attachment 63599View attachment 63600

@Love4sound thank you for introducing me to this sub, man this is so powerful and goes deep!!!!

Without calibration and volume at 0 I could feel gun shots in my guts and the windows rattling at low frequencies, all this at listening very less volume. (-25db)

I am setting up my close friends HT so ordered this, but he likes QB12 more than this and says this is huge.

View attachment 63601
How it looks next to QB12
I am tempted to exchange this!!!

In depth review will come in sometime, this guy is here till December with me.
If you are looking for deep bass with good extension in the low end for movies the qb12 is not the right sub.It should have good punch in the mid and upper region based on specs. Should be good for music and people who just want a decent sub in a HT set up. If you liked the Bic more it’s cause of the low end spl by the ported sub. Guess you are experiencing it for the first time in the room. Now don’t just pull the trigger. I hope you have seen al my threads related to subwoofer. I have kept changing so many subwoofers which also includes the bic. I will recommend you demo subs like rythmik, svs etc and go for an end game sub. For sure I know you will get the itch to upgrade later on.

So right @Love4sound, these were my first impressions as well.

Not that QB12 is bad but the way BIC PL300 extends and goes down low is too good. This is excellent for movies and for the price we got this was a excellent deal.
I don't listen to music on subwoofers and my friend does, so this tilts the table more in favor of me.

I am not going to upgrade anything soon, spent alot on different things and might get married anytime in coming months!

So its either stay with QB12 or go with PL300

For Rythmik Audition, once can visit Prosonics (9900068654), they have Rythmik F12 Model in Demo currently.
This is an Award winning Subwoofer.

F12SE has received Secret of HT and HI 2020 Best Subwoofer Award

1635858882160.png

Just purchased Q acoustic Qb12 for music. Excited!

HiFi: Samsung QLED8k "65", Marantz NA 6005 + Lyrita Audio Pre Dht + SET GM 70 (For sale)+ Magnepan LRS

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back