Query about Lenco Turntables being sold by Saregama

I've not heard the Pioneer and Sansui turntables but I've owned and listened to the following;

Teac P988 - rubbish, plasticy stuff
Technics SLBD20B - ok for entry level, again plasticy stuff
Garrard SP25 MK1 - pretty good, ok for entry level
Technics SL3200 - fantastic, direct drive, listening to it is absolute bliss

Have also heard an AR turntable, Garrard changer, HMV turntable, the AR was pretty good but stay away from changers and low end stuff.

Hi,

Teac P988 very low end but still better than entry level Denons like 29f
Technics SLBD20B little better than Teac P988
both of the above tables have good plastic on them,and are very well made.General rule is avoid Black plastic.
Garrard SP25 MK1 - Ok type table not so good for hifi
Technics SL3200 - I agree fantastic table,

I would avoid changers they are very low end.Most of The HMVs,Garrard and BSR changers,should be avoided for hifi.

i am also looking to buy a decent vintage turntable like lenco L75 or garrard 301,does anybody suggest where to look for this kind of stuff.

price depends on the condition of the turntable and mods i can source from abroad or i have a friend in mumbai,who is experienced with electronic repairs .

If you let me know your budget for a Lenco L 75 or Garrard 301, I can souurce one for you or anyone. As posted earlier, I picked up a mint 301 from Mumbai last month. As a collector of vintage Turntables, I get a lot of information on vintage turntables from time to time. Since I already have these players, I do not collect two of the same models. But your budget is very important as these guys who sell want immediate response and any delay would mean loss of the player forever. I have had this experience before. I can also source for budget Japanese TTs if anyone gives their requirement.
kuruvilajacob

If you let me know your budget for a Lenco L 75 or Garrard 301, I can souurce one for you or anyone. As posted earlier, I picked up a mint 301 from Mumbai last month. As a collector of vintage Turntables, I get a lot of information on vintage turntables from time to time. Since I already have these players, I do not collect two of the same models. But your budget is very important as these guys who sell want immediate response and any delay would mean loss of the player forever. I have had this experience before. I can also source for budget Japanese TTs if anyone gives their requirement.
kuruvilajacob

>>>
kuruvilajacob,

What is your opinion of the new Lenco TTs being sold by saregama in India?
The Lenco website (international) lists the following turntables :

L 3807
L 3866 USB
L 3867 USB
L 69
L 71
L 81 USB
L 82

Regards
issigonis

P.S. : I am not sure which of the above models are available for sale in India as the Rhythm House (in Bombay) website does not carry any Lenco information now.

>>>
kuruvilajacob,

What is your opinion of the new Lenco TTs being sold by saregama in India?
The Lenco website (international) lists the following turntables :

L 3807
L 3866 USB
L 3867 USB
L 69
L 71
L 81 USB
L 82

Regards
issigonis

P.S. : I am not sure which of the above models are available for sale in India as the Rhythm House (in Bombay) website does not carry any Lenco information now.

just 2 words...."Stay Away"

Hi, Sorry to barge in but I'm new to the forum and can't find how to post a query.
I'm looking for a wiring diagram for my GL75 and also a diagram for the four suspension bolt assemblies.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back