Question - Using FS/BS with HTiB Receiver

aurobindosaha

Hi
Can some one please confirm can I use 120 W Floor Speakers with HTiB receiver - STR K850P

Also, please let me know, if I use a pair of bookshelf speakers instead of floor speakers, how can I make use of Sub Woofer that came with the HTiB. There is Speaker A and Speaker B and Speaker A+B settings. If I turn on Speaker B (that will have bookshelf speaker), will the woofer work?

Specs: Specifications - Sony HT-6600DP Operating Instructions Manual [Page 46]

Thanks
Aurobindo

Hi
Can some one please confirm can I use 120 W Floor Speakers with HTiB receiver - STR K850P

Also, please let me know, if I use a pair of bookshelf speakers instead of floor speakers, how can I make use of Sub Woofer that came with the HTiB. There is Speaker A and Speaker B and Speaker A+B settings. If I turn on Speaker B (that will have bookshelf speaker), will the woofer work?

Specs: Specifications - Sony HT-6600DP Operating Instructions Manual [Page 46]

Thanks
Aurobindo

Per the manual, "POWER OUTPUT AND TOTALHARMONIC DISTORTION:With 8 ohm loads, both channels driven, from40 20,000 Hz; rated 110 watts per channel minimum RMS power, with no more than0.7 % total harmonic distortion from 250milliwatts to rated output (Models of area codeU only)" where U is 230V..

It looks capable of handling a FS... Which FS are you referring to?

If you want to use FS along with sub, replace the front speakers in speakers A with FS....

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for Soonodyne 2605.

I have 270 sq ft room. 80% audio 20% movie. Indian classicals - mainly strings and vocals.

Budget for speakers around 50K

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back