Quiet ceiling fan?

I use an Usha Hunter Cabo Frio in my music room along with the AC running in silent mode. The combination is pretty quiet. The Usha hunter simply wouldn't be enough without an AC, as the fan speed is pretty low, so it only serves the purpose of gently circulating the AC air. Paid around 18k

In my living room, I switched out noisy Havels short blade fans with fans from a brand called Anemos. These use a DC motor with 54 inch wooden blades.

The Anemos fans are definitely quieter than the Havel fans I had earlier. The Anemos fan was around 11k if I remember right. However, keep in mind that if you run them at max speed, the wind cutting noise is going to be significant. At lower speeds, they are reasonably quiet.

Classic ,Classic, fans available at Anemos Lifestyle PVT. LTD. in Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad ,Kolkata and Hyderabad - anemos.in

Yes, the amount of sound a fan makes depends upon the type of motor that is in the fan and on the speed (RPM) with which it rotates.

And it also depends upon the power factor of the fan. Higher power factor means Higher efficiency and hence less energy loss in the form of sound.

Usually Brushless DC motors (BLDC) are more efficient and less noisy as their technology enables them to rotate smoothly.

You can look at this fan to get more information regarding this.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back