Rare and hard to find records

bobbyboko

hi.in this thread i ll share some rare and hard to find and few lesser known records(lp-ep-sp-s7) from my collection. i am staring this thread with a very rare lp record of Anand shankar. poems by pritish nandy read by Malika sarabhai and Pritish nandy Music by Anand shankar

Attachments

• pnhgh.jpg
    pnhgh.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 251
WOW!

Ananda Shankar had a distinct fused style of his own but I do not remember any of his creation at present.
How is this creation from your perspective in addition to be a rare one (to find)?

WOW!

Ananda Shankar had a distinct fused style of his own but I do not remember any of his creation at present.
How is this creation from your perspective in addition to be a rare one (to find)?

Nothing so special in Pritish nandy,s poems and nothing so special in malika sarabhai,s and pritish rendition..this is just a collectors material but yes record is a rare one and hard to find.

Next..an ep record...Aaj ki Radha....but film was released as aaj ki dhara name on record was aaj ki Radha...1977 movie---music by sapan jagmohan...with a lovely kishore da song--ye mehfil yun hi sajegi duniya yun hi chalegi

Attachments

• aaj ki radha.jpg
    aaj ki radha.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 164
Ep record of a lesser known movie from late 70s...Aaj ki pukar..music composed by qawwals..shankar shambhu

Attachments

• aaj ki pukaar.jpg
    aaj ki pukaar.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 135
The amount of attachments quota members have is quite less, so you may like to use image hosting sites (e.g. imgur) to host your images and insert the BBcode/Forum URL of the images in your posts. That way your images will appear within your text frame and not as tiny picture attachments at the bottom of posts. The images will look bigger and clearer. And you won't have to periodically delete your older attachments (you can't attach more pictures after exhausting the 200 KB limit, unless you make some storage space).

Good thread, BTW.

I actually recently got into Ananda Shankar and have been buying anything of his I find in decent shape. I found his Sa Re Ga Machan LP in mint condition.. i believe that is quite rare as well? I also got the Missing You EP in mint condition which is quite hard to find due to the flimsy paper sleeve which is often stained and torn.

Truly a musical genius. I am not that much into Indian music but his music has truly blown my mind, especially Sa Re Ga Machan

I've been listening to Ananda Shankar for quite sometime now..Have only his debut on vinyl..Really need to get the others..

348lra1.jpg

1st pressing on Reprise Records.

Not very rare..but since Mr. Shankar has been mentioned in this thread so many times already..why not once more :p

Last edited:
For some reason, Ananda Shankar LPs - in their Indian pressings - are quite collectible abroad, more so than most other Indian classical artists. They typically sell between $100 to $200 on eBay. One title (The Moog album -don't remember the precise title) actually sold for $650 some years back.

I've been listening to Ananda Shankar for quite sometime now..Have only his debut on vinyl..Really need to get the others..

348lra1.jpg

1st pressing on Reprise Records.

Not very rare..but since Mr. Shankar has been mentioned in this thread so many times already..why not once more :p

i have all his lps.

All these LPs were from the period when HMV was a group company of EMI in India and they always made quality recordings and pressing / duplication........now they are all gone..........

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back