Rare gramophones-radiograms-records

I use normal water and very mild diluted soap solution for oridinary records and Audio-Technica cleaner solution for precious ones. Jsut clean it once and thereafter use velvet cloth to undust during regular usage.

Any particular brand of soap?

Last month we called an electrician to re-wire our Ancestral home and the arrangement was done by my cousin brother. Brother knows my love towards "records" and that subject would have come during some leisure chat with the electrician...GOD's grace!, End result: my brother collected for me 31 78 RPM records from Electrician's home (a remote village in Neyyatinkara Taluk) . :)
Malayalam 78s:
Harischandra (1955)
Hotel High Range (1968)
Neelakuyil (1954)
KPAC Drama Song -Ambili ammava
KPAC Drama Song Balikudeerangale Balikudeerangale
Bharya (1962)
Rajamalli (1965)
Thulabharam (1968)
Thacholi Othayanan (1963)
and
few Tamil (Bharathiyar songs, songs on Freedom fight, few old tamil movies etc).
"Indian National Anthem" by AIR choir group.
one Japanese (Columbia NIPPON) 78 RPM record

Last edited:
This one came along with a Sound of Music LP.
Sound Of Music Booklet-Front Page
iuXS3BE.jpg

Sound Of Music Booklet-Back Page
CMAVa27.jpg

Sound Of Music Booklet-Inner1
Z38wvhr.jpg

Sound Of Music Booklet-Inner2
j90Wk8N.jpg

HMV Calypso Instruction Sheet: Front and Back
J0kGQ9E.jpg

3tiAjmz.jpg

It is little uncommon to get a Multi Track 12" 78 RPM record:
Here are a few Mostly by London Library of Recorded English
spWx70B.jpg

m5BuF5r.jpg

Presenting few of the Turn Tables and Amplifiers I could collect ... in a video.

Some videos may be a bit shaky, as I was moving here and there :) (sorry!)

LENCO L75+TECHNICS AMP+VALVE AMPS + AKAI TT + OPTONICA TOWER + SOTA SAPPHIRE+ YAMAHA FULL RANGE SPEAKERS etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-1w79CLMSs

PHILIPS-DIAMOND-STEREO-VALVE-&-DUAL-TT-&-TECHNICS-AMP
PHILIPS-DIAMOND-STEREO-VALVE-&-DUAL-TT-&-TECHNICS-AMP - YouTube

DUAL 1019 TT + YAMAHA R-500 AMP +PHILIPS STEREO VALVE
DUAL 1019 TT + YAMAHA R-500 AMP +PHILIPS STEREO VALVE - YouTube

Victrola VV 50 30980 Victrola VV 50 30980 - YouTube
DUAL CS 617 Q TT : DUAL CS 617 Q TT - YouTube

Last edited:
Some 78 RPM records with patriotic flavor:

Vande Madharam : A chorus by Jaganmoy Mitra, Dwijen Choudhary, Debabrata Biswas, Niharbindu Sen, Suchitra Mukhopadhyay,
Kanak das, Supreeti Ghosh and Kumari Geeta Saha.
It is very rare to get these greats forming as part of a chorus, but when it is to the Tune of none other than Rabindranath Tagore, no surpises...
Side 2: Jan Gana Mana- A chorus by Jaganmoy Mitra, Dwijen Choudhary, Debabrata Biswas, Niharbindu Sen, Suchitra Mukhopadhyay,
Kanak das, Supreeti Ghosh and Kumari Geeta Saha. Lyrics and Tune by Rabindranath Tagore.
Side 1:
d8y5A9N.jpg

Side 2:
zY97SiW.jpg

2.Bandae Matharam sung by M S Subbulakshmi and Dilip Kumar Roy.
In 1947 Smt M.S.Subbulakshmi and Sri Dilip Kumar Roy cut a 78 RPM Disc with a duet rendition of the famous nationalistic song "Vande Maataram" set to a different Ragamalika (the Desh version was not yet popularized then) including all the additional stanzas which are not sung any more.
Side 2: Dhano dhanya Pushpa bora -MSS again with Dilip Kumar Roy

Side 1:
r6IIezi.jpg

Side 2:
GD1rPxj.jpg

3. Ram Dhun-Part1 and Part2: Raghupati Raghava -Bijan Ghosh Dastidar & Others
Box info:Omkarnath Thakur taught Bijan Ghosh Dastidar Ramdhun that Mahatma Gandhi loved.

Side 1:
cXbeeWP.jpg

Side 2:
WKF6tvW.jpg

4. Jan Gan Man - Instrumental Orchestration by Alain danielou and Viswabharathy Band
Side 1:
wRXHgU4.jpg

Side 2:
R6UIyoi.jpg

5.a COLORED 78. SHANTHA APTE
cOGW4ny.jpg

l03X72P.jpg

5 b.

DATTUBUVA TAVDE & PARTY- RAGHUPATHY RAGHAVA RAJA
DATTUBUVA TAVDE;VAISHNAVA JANATHO-BHAJAN

Side 1:
IQgOVkp.jpg

Side 2:
zGZCzdc.jpg

6. VAISHNAVA JANATHO : MSS
7woJVoB.jpg

5rPAvnC.jpg

l03X72P.jpg

BmwFfFx.jpg

RAQ61ps.jpg

wjkVSm3.jpg

mwUJQrL.jpg

FmR1BWL.jpg

Last edited:
How you live your life is shown by your collection of records. And I envy you Anilkumar and others so much for that.

These threads are educating me. I wish I can hear "Dhano dhanye pushpe bhara" through that record. This was my school's morning prayer song. And I love it till date.

I have never come across any other song which connect me to my Bengal any more than this song.

How do you collect these records. It will be quite a story as well.

I am planning to visit Bangalore, Kanyakumari by road from Baroda.
How beautiful would it be if it also becomes a journey of music as well. Originally I want to see my country and show it to my wife and daughter.
I once had travelled coastal edges on India from Vizag to Mumbai via Kanyakumari when I was studying in class 10. And then on I wanted to do it by self. Looks like it is going to be possible this year.

Albums collected recently in Almost Mint condition,except the EP one
A 1957 Stereo Album ( Not a true stereo recording,but electronically reprocessed.. one of the initial tries by RCA). Not good for stereo listening, but, being an early one, can be counted ..... :)
PEYdIvV.jpg

Andy Williams
Rz59iBh.jpg

Fortunes:
sZWmgdb.jpg

Ghulam Ali
pmjMMwq.jpg

Pin Floyed Dark Side of the Moon
iL3KSNx.jpg

The Sound of "Bread"
cKI16Vu.jpg

Modern Urdu Songs by M.Rafi (Music also by Rafi Saab). Wonderful Ghazal EP
O6J7zmO.jpg

Also I got the below Lyric book by "Sun" Magazine as a Bonus :) inside a LP.
P85GKJF.jpg

Last edited:
New addition to my list.
A Nakamichi 600 cassette deck in working condition.
DaJlCgw.jpg

Got a good reason to play few of the 900+ tapes I got from an old RJ's personal collection , years back and few of my own collections(mostly Tharangini recordings)....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back