Rare gramophones-radiograms-records

God showered some more Blessings on me.
Could collect a few rare(?) 78 RPM records today.

1. Chhote Nawab (1961) - Music R.D Burman
hjfCNS7.jpg

2. First Round Table Conference (November 1930 January 1931) Arcot Ramasamy Mudaliar,Diwan Bahadur Raja Narendra Nath
1cHNj2f.jpg

3. Kaalam Marannu[1955]- Malayalam Music Director G.Devarajans first film.
3kIu6Go.jpg
OEJT3wo.jpg

4. Semmangudi for Broadcast records. I have seen Semmangudi's HMV records, but first time to spot one from "BROADCAST LABEL"
2Cw0ju4.jpg

5. Chintamani[1937]-Early Tamil Movie
cfewU1p.jpg

6. Bhalikudirangale[1959]-KPAC Drama Songs
Tgd0sAL.jpg

7. Kalidas Kalakendra- Malayalam Drama Song-Doctor1
9LEIVcG.jpg

8. Maan Kidave -KPAC Drama Songs
hPJ3Kal.jpg

9. Navagragha Poojai
ulWWN9z.jpg

10. Sarvekallu- KPAC Drama song
Mgo1CWI.jpg

11 Ambili Ammava[1957]- KPAC Drama song
A9M35Y0.jpg

12. KPAC -Drama=Doctor
2aNjH6y.jpg

13. S.G.Kittappa
0Z8nIV8.jpg

14. Few 78 RPM covers got today.. Normally I get either HMV or Columbia covers.. but today was different ...
just a fun to treasure them... they give me a differnt kind of joy :)
EvWObKJ.jpg

oJwOxrt.jpg

63CqnkV.jpg

r9KhGFn.jpg

There are only a few 78 RPM recorded disks of "Rajam Pushpavanam"- the daughter of the famed Carnatic music maestro, Madurai Pushpavanam, and cousin of the legendary immortal of music, Madurai Mani Iyer.
I could collect one of her records today. Ofcourse, will continue the hunt for the other ones....
fFHSNL8.jpg

aWa7u0X.jpg

How much did you paid for the Malayalam natakam Songs?

The person was asking Rs.1000 per Malayalam record.
Finally settled for Rs. 500 a piece for Mal. records, as I had gone for other records (non Malayalam) too for Rs. 100 a piece. That turned out a lucky one as I could get the "round table conference" , RDB's one etc.
Hence avg price per record settled around Rs. 140+.

Rare stuff. Where did you buy these? I wish there were many shops like these around Ha Ha

True.

No shops here too. there is a common friend who arranges things for me when ever he gets some information.

The person sold these, was font of LPs and wanted to get rid of Shellacs....as he was not having a machine to play them now....

Got a "BSR Monarch" changer machine assembly in unopened and unused condition, along with original Instruction Manual.

Model code:BSR MA65 Fully Automatic Idler Drive Turntable/Changer.

URL=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/cloudblab/media/bsr1_zpsg1eryw0g.jpg.html]
bsr1_zpsg1eryw0g.jpg
[/URL]

Need to find/carve a box to fit it.

Manufacturer / Brand: Birmingham Sound Reproducers
Year: 1967
Power type and voltage Alternating Current supply (AC) / 230 Volt
Material Metal case
Shape Chassis only
Dimensions (WHD) 335 x 285 x 120 mm / 13.2 x 11.2 x 4.7 inch
Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg) 3.1 kg / 6 lb 13.3 oz (6.828 lb)
shaded pole motor (asynchronous).
Plays automatically a stack of up to 8 discs with 17, 25 or 30 cm diameter
4 Speed ( 16,331/3,45,78). Automatic and Manual Mode
Cartridge/Needle: BSR MA65 / ST16 Stylus with 33,45 and 78 option.

Lovely turntable. I am sure you are aware, but still ... because of
age, the lubricants would have dried off. Make sure to lubricate
all linkages with suitable grease, and lubricate the motor bearings etc.

Lovely turntable. I am sure you are aware, but still ... because of
age, the lubricants would have dried off. Make sure to lubricate
all linkages with suitable grease, and lubricate the motor bearings etc.

Thanks. You are correct.
Before getting it home, I got it lubricated with mild lubricant, all contacts cleaned. Checked if the Motor is getting heated up quickly. Made it to run few LPs. Stacked few EPs and checked the changer mechanism......

With a Tube Amp, it sounds sweet.

Got a GRADO Signature 8MR D85 (Early reference series) Cartridge:
GRADO%20SIGNATURE%208MR%20D85_zpssrwceud6.jpg

Need an advise : Can someone tell me the maker of below CARTRIDGE. I just have a logo "MASTER" imprinted on its front and TOP print is completely gone.
It's a huge cartridge.(size: 2.0cms X 4.0cms)

MASTER_zpsanifpilz.jpg

Anil,

In my little knowledge on bollywood LPs , Soul of Bobby is very rare and Sabse Bada Rupaiyah is very expensive now. Yeh Vaada Raha songs are gem and SQ is too good. Jevan Jyoti is a Salil Chowdhury masterpiece. Maujo Ki Doli Chali Re is excellent.

Seeing Kadambari LP for the first time.

Anil,

In my little knowledge on bollywood LPs , Soul of Bobby is very rare and Sabse Bada Rupaiyah is very expensive now. Yeh Vaada Raha songs are gem and SQ is too good. Jevan Jyoti is a Salil Chowdhury masterpiece. Maujo Ki Doli Chali Re is excellent.

Seeing Kadambari LP for the first time.

Thanks. Yes Souravin.
I was hunting for this Bobby LP for long time.. since when I heard about a Bobby Instrumental version by lakshmikant pyarelal themselves... There are many other versions available by Balsara etc. At last God fulfilled that wish now...

Being a big fan of Salil Da, I just see to that I do not miss his records. I am now hunting for a Bengali Modern Songs LP by Salil da , recorded in London and released abroad. This LP has a speech by Salil da on his music and the Album.

Few more , got yesterday...

The best of SPB: Year 1971. cute :)
best%20of%20SPB_zpsgndifvtl.jpg

best%20of%20SPB2_zpscezi5sgx.jpg

Baton Baton Mein: Rajesh Roshan, Basu Chatterjee and Amol Palekar in good mood..1979
Na bole tum and Uthe sabke kadam are inspired from english songs When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again and Polly wolly doodle :)
baton-baton-mein-45-nlp-1079-a94630-500x500_zps0n13eekw.jpg

Khwab: Nice songs from Ravindra Jain and K.J.J.
khawab_zpswxdv4npp.png

Best of Shadows: Great Briton MONO release:
The-Shadows-Greatest-Hits2_zpski4etytw.jpg

Sharon's Qurbani:
Lp-Qurbani%20in%20English_zps2veypf9w.jpg

Lp-Qurbani%20in%20English%20Back_zpsqgmpmevm.jpg

Thalaivar:
MGR_zpsyveiax2k.jpg

RDB1: Daulat Ke Dushman:
Daulat%20ka%20dushman_zpsl14jjwrw.jpg

RDB2:Jawani Diwani
Jawani%20Diwani_zpsp5o27gcl.jpg

Rafi Saab in Divine mood:
Haj-e-baitullah-Rafi_zps6aipbyxu.jpg

Haj-e-baitullah-Rafi2_zpsyoziuliz.jpg

Ilaiyaraja the great in Divine mood
IR-meenakshi%20Sthothram_zpsw3vb9ys9.jpg

IR-meenakshi%20Sthothram2_zpsngk9c35d.jpg

Hi Anil,

Can you please see the back cover of Jawani Diwani? If both the covers contain the same pic then it's first press and the music arrangement of the song Nahin Nahin Abhi Nahin is different from what we listen from CD/ radio or second press. The back cover of second press is bluish in color.

Sourav

Last edited:
Hi Anil,

Can you please see the back cover of Jawani Diwani? If both the covers contain the same pic then it's first press and the music arrangement of the song Nahin Nahin Abhi Nahin is different from what we listen from CD/ radio or second press. The back cover of second press is bluish in color.

Sourav

The cover has same Picture on both sides with no blue tint. It is a thick cover.
Nahin Nahin Abhi Nahin is in Side A.
Polydor 2392 022

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back