Rare gramophones-radiograms-records

I have BalaMuraliKrishna's rendering on NAvagraha , i donno how i missed Balachander's this Lp , Was with the impression that i have most of his Lp records including the 12 Lp set of Melakartha. Will hunt for this now thanks buddies.........

Not sure if this is rare. An US pressing of an LP that extols the exquisite percussive virtues of Palghat Raghu. VV Subramaniam on the violin and KV Narayanaswamy on the vocals lend support. Sounds odd? You'll only know when you listen to the LP!

18515c2ab47988e31cc3e14e2ec5b701.jpg

6ee0312de93f760e13064bb65b6bd451.jpg

Non such explorer series recorded lots of Indian Music. there is also an Lp of K J Yesudoss rendering Bhagavath Geetha. I doubt if they had any circulations in India. I have few Collections like these. this is of course a collectors Item as per my view because a foreign label has taken measures to archive Indian Culture in the form of Gramophone records, Some LPs were released as early as 1962 and if it were all sold in Indian retail Market I have no inputs.

Non such explorer series recorded lots of Indian Music. there is also an Lp of K J Yesudoss rendering Bhagavath Geetha. I doubt if they had any circulations in India. I have few Collections like these. this is of course a collectors Item as per my view because a foreign label has taken measures to archive Indian Culture in the form of Gramophone records, Some LPs were released as early as 1962 and if it were all sold in Indian retail Market I have no inputs.

In addition to what Srini shared,
Explorer is a respected series and were fully functional during late 60 and 70s for WORLD MUSIC. They still release music in digital format.
They released many LPs of noted Carnatic and Hindustani Musicians in additions to other world famous musicians. I have around 8 or 9 LPs from them.
Canchi, pl. keep them. They are good.

K J Yesudas rendering Bhagavath Geetha was not from EXPLORER, but ORIENTAL RECORDS,USA.
Oriental released two LPs of KJJ with superb recording quality:
Yesudas / Rangasami Parthasarathy - Bhagavad Gita: The Song Of God ?
Yesudas / Rangasami Parthasarathy - Hymns From The Rig-Veda

Last edited:
COLLECTED THE FOLLOWING IN MARCH

FRACIS LAI Francis Lai And His Orchestra ? Francis Lai Plays The Compositions..

Band on the Run Paul McCartneys classic album

MARITAL MUSIC OF INDIAN ARMY

ARAM-KHACHATURIAN-CONCERTO-FOR-VIOLIN-AND-ORCHESTRA-DAVID-OISTRAKH-USSR-LP

Ahmad Jamal - Freeflight

John McLaughlin With The One Truth Band Electric Dreams

SILSILA

SILSILA

enoch daniels DOES IT AGAIN

The Sound Of Desert

ANDY GIBB SHADOW DANCING

CHIM CHIM

DO JASOOS

Pankaj-Udhas-Mehfil-Album TWIN LPs

The Nonesuch Explorer series had more than a dozen titles of Hindustani and Carnatic music, released in the 60s and early 70s, plus a hundred or more of ethnic music from other lands. Good field recordings, for the most part. They also provided exhaustive liner notes on the back sleeves, something is often lacking in our own indigenous releases of classical music.

COLLECTION-APRIL :IMPORTED LPs,MOSTLY JAPANESE WITH OBIs

Music of South India (in Kerala and Tamil Nadu) Lyrichord presents-- outstanding albums from around the world

A Musical Anthology of the Orient INDIA I

A Musical Anthology of the Orient INDIA II

Album L INDE FANTOME DANSES CLASSIQUES ET

Celestial Songs of Upanisad - P. Susheela

Rangasami Parthasarathy / K.J. Jesudass Bhagavad Gita - The Song Of God. Label: Oriental Records

LALO SCHIFRIN - Enter The Dragon WARNER LP Soundtrack OST

Joseph Koo / Ku Chia Hui ? Bruce Lee In Fist Of Fury (Original Soundtrack)

10cc ? Bloody Tourists

John Kaizan Neptune - The Circle

New Edition - New Edition - Icon Best Of New Edition Japan

LP record Tulip best album mind trip, six fold with an oversized poster

Rochester / Veasley Band - One Minute Of Love

PAUL MAURIAT - FRENCH POPS SPECIAL

PAUL MAURIAT SCREEN THEMES PM-3

PAUL MAURIAT /concert classics

THE BEATLES A Collection Of Beatles Oldies 12 LP RED WAX

who are the artistes recorded in the indian recordings

They have given booklets in each record,but are detailed with photos and writings of the dance forms and tradition. Seems like most of the singing portions are done by the performing artists themselves and not by professional singers. No big names.

Last edited:
good collection. Ponnu oorukku pudusu Lp was our childhood faVORITE ALBUM for Orambo rukumani vandi varudhu song which we used to listen often during our get togethers. later samakozhli koovudhuamma and unakkenna thaane innerama and solaikuyile became favorites when we came of age..............

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back