Rare gramophones-radiograms-records

Hey Anil, thats an impressive collection. I visit chennai, though not regular. Would love to meet u and see ur collection
I just started my Vinyl collection abt 2 yrs back. Would need some tips from u
regards

A new addition to my collection:

A 3 door Grundig STEREO radiogram in almost mint condition.
It has
A Grundig Tube radio with AM/SW/FM Tuner.
Separate needles for AM and FM freqency map, but both works through single tuning knob. The Modulation selector Switch, does the trick.
A 4 band equalizer. The frequency can be selected by rotating 4 round knobs and thread with 4 beads is used to indicate the graph of the equalizer. An interesting piece.
4 Audio settings - Voice-Jazz-Multisonic-Orchestra
2+2 speakers inside the main console and two additional floor standing speakers with 2 speakers each.
A record changer and a provision for fitting Spool tape

The FM Radio is situated front side up and a spring controlled sliding door pulls it out in V shape. Once you tune the required station or selected the audio source, you may push the radio back inside.

The console weighs too much. it took the effort of 4 men to bring it home.
(This one being my second radiogram, I am planning to sell my first one (A GEC make with Tube Radio-Garrard M-50 changer and Philips Tube Spool tape recorder. All in working condition)

Last edited:
Further details on Grundig STEREO CONSOLE SO 191WE
Year: 1958/1959 Type: Radio - or past WW2 tuner
Valves / Tubes 9: ECC85 ECH81 EF89 EBF89 EM34 or EM35 ECC83 ECC83 EL84 EL84
Principle Super-Heterodyne (Super in general)
Tuned circuits 9 AM circuit(s) 12 FM circuit(s)
Wave bands Broadcast, Long Wave, Short Wave plus FM.
Details Changer (Record changer)
Power type and voltage Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 125; 220 Volt
Loudspeaker 6 Loudspeakers
Material Wooden case
Shape Console with Push Buttons.
Dimensions (WHD) 1460 x 850 x 410 mm / 57.5 x 33.5 x 16.1 inch
Notes Dioden: 2 RL233.
Price in first year of sale USD900
Source of data HdB d.Rdf-& Ferns-GrH 1958/59 /
View attachment 6747

View attachment 6748

Last edited:
So how much will be the cost of this GEC make Radiograms? Just curious to know :)
A new addition to my collection:

A 3 door Grundig STEREO radiogram in almost mint condition.
It has
A Grundig Tube radio with AM/SW/FM Tuner.
Separate needles for AM and FM freqency map, but both works through single tuning knob. The Modulation selector Switch, does the trick.
A 4 band equalizer. The frequency can be selected by rotating 4 round knobs and thread with 4 beads is used to indicate the graph of the equalizer. An interesting piece.
4 Audio settings - Voice-Jazz-Multisonic-Orchestra
2+2 speakers inside the main console and two additional floor standing speakers with 2 speakers each.
A record changer and a provision for fitting Spool tape

The FM Radio is situated front side up and a spring controlled sliding door pulls it out in V shape. Once you tune the required station or selected the audio source, you may push the radio back inside.

The console weighs too much. it took the effort of 4 men to bring it home.
(This one being my second radiogram, I am planning to sell my first one (A GEC make with Tube Radio-Garrard M-50 changer and Philips Tube Spool tape recorder. All in working condition)

Good unit Anilkumar. How does it sound? How was the cosmetic condition when you got it. It must have taken some effort by the owner to keep it in one piece all these years...

Good unit Anilkumar. How does it sound? How was the cosmetic condition when you got it. It must have taken some effort by the owner to keep it in one piece all these years...

The owner was a rich Anglo-Indian guy. The machine was dumped in a corner of his house.May be because of the German build quality, the exterior glossy finish and interior wood remained intact [thank god]. However I had to replace the cloth section as rats and cockroaches had a meal with it for years. With the help of an old technician, expert in tube assembly, I got the entire machine checked.[like removing the tubes, cleaning the contacts, changing the power wire, cleaning AV contacts etc.. so as to minimize the possible drop]

The "string and bead" driven 4 band equailizer is an interesting piece.

With 6 speakers, it sounds great for a machine of 1959.
Today, I replaced the old changer[it was a white ELAC ] with a brand new Great Briton make.[yes, a brand new one, unopened for years :) ].

I started loving the FM stations now , when it stared flow through the TUBE-assembly. I know , it is just a "mind-thing".still...... It is like a new toy in the hand of kid ....until I get another new machine...its will be my best pal....

Last edited:
I know, the message below is not related to title, but to inform the music lovers who visit this forum...

Today, I have got 1100 English music tapes [90% are in very brand new condition] from a collector, covering all genres of music like pop, jazz, country , metal, rock, trance, soft rock, hard rock , gospel etc. I just browsed through and did not find any duplicates... Lucky me....
Got some good Yanni, beatles,Enya and super oldies collection, I was searching for some time.
I do not know where I am going to place them in my house.... For the time being they are in 3 big boxes....:)

A month back I got another bounty of 100 spool tapes with live recordings of Indian classical music greats from 1960's to 80's.

Last edited:
Dear friend,

You have a nice collection of classic hifi equipments.Congratulations on such a splendid collection.I have sent a PM .

With regards,

pksnathan

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back