Rare gramophones-radiograms-records

How do you catalog something that does not show up on Discogs?
All releases on Discogs have been created by discogs users. So if your particular pressing doesn't show up, you can create and submit it as an official release. It will be sent to the moderators for approval. Once approved, your release would show up on discogs (others having the same pressing would then be able to add your submitted release in their collection too)

Collected yesterday ( a search/hunt of many years, got fulfilled yesterday)
Kaveri -Malayalam LP
Music : Illayaraja and V.Dhakshinaoorthy
3Wyrvut.jpg

xgDaPDP.jpg

Last edited:
A journey through Salangai Oli[Tamil] and Sagara Sangamam[Telugu and Malayalam] EPs

Salangai Oli "Super Seven" AM 5061 -Tamil Film , but wrongly titled as Telugu Film - Side One
L3bCF9D.jpg

PLqqnJO.jpg

Salangai Oli "Super Seven" AM 5053 -Tamil Film - Side One and Two
uMlaUlO.jpg

QTjRSSr.jpg

6OFHQxy.jpg

kDSQzOu.jpg

Salangai Oli "Extended Play" AE 7024 -Tamil Film Side one and Two
br7dmvF.jpg

7Vzm4GQ.jpg

B26uoSp.jpg

Sagara Sangamam -Telugu Super 7
ogupY7I.jpg

V2CKcXW.jpg

rPldGrd.jpg

0Zow220.jpg

Sagara Sangamam - Malayalam Super 7
cpslfPm.jpg

EaRzhQa.jpg

A hunt for many years...searched so many places... finally God is kind enough to show the light.
Finally, I could collect a really rare(as no record was available) Malayalam EP record of the
Movie "Poomuka Padiyil Ninneyum Kathu" in good condition. Ever Green songs and nice instrumentation.
Released by Tharangini Records. Music Illayaraja. Year 1986 , Format STEREO 45 RPM
Side One

I8zQLdf.jpg

Side Two
CTs5Uc3.jpg

Also collected,
Movie : Unaroo , Music Illayaraja , Language: Malayalam, Year: 1984 , Format : Mono/33RPM

hhokIAq.jpg

Movie : Pin Nilavu, Music Illayaraja , Language: Malayalam, Year: 1983 , Format : Mono/33RPM
h6ncilE.jpg

with these 3, I have collected almost all records of Illayaraja in Malayalam.

Movie : Choola, Music: Raveendran , Language: Malayalam, Year: 1979 , Format : Mono/33RPM
B6CMeL8.jpg

Label:The National Gramophone Record Manufacturing Company Ltd. " Bombay, India Gramophones,Madras, "nation's voice", "Young India"
Catalog No: RSP 1135
Title : Samara Nowka (First Kanada Film, remade in Tamil)
Year : 1948
Artist : Tangutoori Suryakumari (Songs:Raghupathi Raghava Raja Ram and Vaishnava Janatho)
Dear Sir,Very Good collection. Can I have the Audio track for the same please? i am also having lots of old collections

That's a lot of TurnTables! Nice list.
May I know what equipment you use to clean your records?

Hi @charanbee,

I have been using Isopropyl Alcohol and distilled water in a 1: 10 ratio combination to clean the surface of the records. Usually, that will clean the records to an extent.

To clean the root of the record, I do apply Fevicol MR, let it dry for 2 hours and then remove the dried glue from the record. It guarantees 100% cleaning and the sound quality improves by 100%. The result varies based on the condition of the record.

Label:The National Gramophone Record Manufacturing Company Ltd. " Bombay, India Gramophones,Madras, "nation's voice", "Young India"
Catalog No: RSP 1135
Title : Samara Nowka (First Kanada Film, remade in Tamil)
Year : 1948
Artist : Tangutoori Suryakumari (Songs:Raghupathi Raghava Raja Ram and Vaishnava Janatho)
8gOvE5n.jpg

Hi Mr.Anil Kumar. Where you bought this record? Can i have one copy?
I am collecting old tamil cinema 78 rpm records. Thank you. Please reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mr.Anil Kumar. Where you bought this record? Can i have one copy?
I am collecting old tamil cinema 78 rpm records. Thank you. Please reply
Hello Mr. Jaskar, Greetings. I donot remember exactly when and from where I got this reord. Hope it was from Babu of Pammal.
I donot have an extra copy to share. Such old ones,just happen to fall in hands ... Anyway I will put your request in mind and if I get to come across any such old one will let you know.

A hunt for many years...searched so many places... finally God is kind enough to show the light.
Finally, I could collect a really rare(as no record was available) Malayalam EP record of the
Movie "Poomuka Padiyil Ninneyum Kathu" in good condition. Ever Green songs and nice instrumentation.
Released by Tharangini Records. Music Illayaraja. Year 1986 , Format STEREO 45 RPM
Really a rare gem.
ANIL, One question, Are there many LPs/ EPs released by Tharangini in Malayalam? ( heard a version that it is in single digits)

Really a rare gem.
ANIL, One question, Are there many LPs/ EPs released by Tharangini in Malayalam? ( heard a version that it is in single digits)
Tharangini switched to cassette only mode during initial days itself. Hence only a few records were released in that label. Certainly the count must in two/three digits as malayalam and tamil records were released by them.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back