Rare speaker sold from Bangalore

Apart from vintage and collectors value -what about sound quality? That too in mono
I mean collectors market pricing work differently I know
Bot is performance vs such a high price is justified?
As I personally love vintage and have some but I feel a lot of technology changed post WWII!
Any comments!!!

A fully working set of Klangfields are performing impeccably at a friend's place in Kolkata with state-of-the-art ultra high-end gear as his personal mainstream listening gear.

Hi audio_engr,

please be so kind as to -

(1) get your friend to be a member of this forum, so that we can, vicariously, enjoy his system/systems and his thoughts.

(2) post a few pictures of those speakers and connected gear

TIA

regards

Apart from vintage and collectors value -what about sound quality? That too in mono
I mean collectors market pricing work differently I know
Bot is performance vs such a high price is justified?
As I personally love vintage and have some but I feel a lot of technology changed post WWII!
Any comments!!!

Hi Hemanthwaghe,

i will paint a scenario for you, in which you will see that the high price is justified. Performance is not part of the equation.

-There is this intelligent, young, good-looking and enterprising man, married to a young, enterprising, good-looking woman - this said couple having a large circle of friends with connections to the upper-most echelons of power in Kolkata.
He has a business manufacturing precision parts for swiss watch companies, with huge growth prospects in the coming years, and she is the COO of Kravis Kohlberg and Roberts, an international consultancy firm. One child (no time for more) who is away at a birla residential school in a bucolic village.

he is a member of team-bhp (owns a porsche and AMG mercedes) and is a member of Hifivision. (owns acapella violons).

among their circle of friends, this couple is known for having a beautiful house with rare artifacts from all over the world, and the talk at their frequently hosted parties revolves around one of these objects in the house (and, of course, who is having an affair with whom).

So, when a SIEMENS KLANGFILM (or whatever) field coil (or whatever) loudspeakers (only pair in S.E. Asia - the other pair in the Manhattan museum of Artificial Arts) comes up for sale at Rs. 18,00,000 INR, it is but natural for this couple to pop into the mercedes and make the week-end trip to Bardhman to seal the deal. The trip is made with 4 other friends in their respective super cars, and the experience is posted (with pictures) on the team-bhp forum.

Of course, the wife listens to music on her laptop, and the husband prefers the Bose.:)

hehe - in Kolkata, Bose music systems must be very popular !

Last edited:
Hi Hemanthwaghe,

i will paint a scenario for you, in which you will see that the high price is justified. Performance is not part of the equation.

-There is this intelligent, young, good-looking and enterprising man, married to a young, enterprising, good-looking woman - this said couple having a large circle of friends with connections to the upper-most echelons of power in Kolkata.
He has a business manufacturing precision parts for swiss watch companies, with huge growth prospects in the coming years, and she is the COO of Kravis Kohlberg and Roberts, an international consultancy firm. One child (no time for more) who is away at a birla residential school in a bucolic village.

he is a member of team-bhp (owns a porsche and AMG mercedes) and is a member of Hifivision. (owns acapella violons).

among their circle of friends, this couple is known for having a beautiful house with rare artifacts from all over the world, and the talk at their frequently hosted parties revolves around one of these objects in the house (and, of course, who is having an affair with whom).

So, when a SIEMENS KLANGFILM (or whatever) field coil (or whatever) loudspeakers (only pair in S.E. Asia - the other pair in the Manhattan museum of Artificial Arts) comes up for sale at Rs. 18,00,000 INR, it is but natural for this couple to pop into the mercedes and make the week-end trip to Bardhman to seal the deal. The trip is made with 4 other friends in their respective super cars, and the experience is posted (with pictures) on the team-bhp forum.

Of course, the wife listens to music on her laptop, and the husband prefers the Bose.:)

hehe - in Kolkata, Bose music systems must be very popular !

Nicely put. :) Either that or the buyer is deaf in one ear so it doesn't matter anyways .. :)

Cheers

Hi Suri,
Nice scenario! Just means (to me at least) that the couple have too much money and don't know what to do with it :rolleyes:
Would have been better spent given away to the needy (not the speaker seller in this case :eek:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back