ReBangalore DIY workshop?

Rahul

Yes, I had overlooked the fact that Thanksgiving is over.

George

Yes I am free now. I will be commencing my speaker building project in the week following the HFV meet, so I really need this workshop to acquire some sense of direction and confidence.

--G0bble

Looks a pretty solid bunch to please. George, our work is cut out....

Anil sir, nothing a solid presentation and a couple of beers :beer: :licklips: cannot take care of :eek:hyeah:

PS: I have sent my 'expression of interest' to Raghu but it's 50:50. I got visitors this weekend. Hope I can convince them to enjoy a lazy Sunday morning while I take care of some important business :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Suggest you PM him with your personal email id, so that whenever anything needs to be communicated prior to Sunday it can be done saving some bandwidth. If anyone is also not sure about making it on Sunday,also PM him, so that he can plan things better from his end.

Many thanks!

George

Hi,

Here is the details of how to reach the venue -

Address -
Anutone Acoustics Limited
231, 7th Cross, Indiranagar
1st Stage, Bengaluru 560 038, India
Phone +9180 2520 3114
Fax +9180 2520 3115
Anutone - makes you feel good

Route Map Attached.

Landmark - 7th cross is the Road opposite to GK Vale or Univercell Mobile Showroom on CMH Road. On the 7th cross entrance you find City Union Bank and Toys'N'Toys.

Metro - Just 1min walk, get down in Indiranagar stop

Parking - Watch the signs. No parking for two Wheeler on 7th cross, use the next cross. Four wheeler parking to be as per the police sign.

Indiranagar is in heart of the city, Sunday you can reach within 30-45 mins from any part of the city.

Cheer.
Raghav

Thanks Raghu for posting the detailed directions.

Could we have 2-3 able bodied volunteers to help carry some gear up( and down) 2 flights of stairs on Sunday morning? Some of it may be a bit heavy like a sub driver or two, others will not. No complete powered subs are being demo'ed-they are far too heavy to bring, unfortunately.

We are still working on our presentations, since time is at a premium for some of us, hopefully it should all be done in the next day or two.

Cheers

Could we have 2-3 able bodied volunteers to help carry some gear up( and down) 2 flights of stairs on Sunday morning? Some of it may be a bit heavy like a sub driver or two, others will not. No complete powered subs are being demo'ed-they are far too heavy to bring, unfortunately.
Cheers

I can help around.

Three more days to go, all attendees please do make an effort to beat Bangalore traffic to be at the venue on time. All four of us plan to be there punctually and start the session on the dot, since it is a Sunday, and we, like some of you, are also sparing precious time from personal commitments.

We are still working on our presentations, since time is at a premium for some of us, hopefully it should all be done in the next day or two.

Cheers

Unfortunately I have a somewhat chronic hip muscle strain and am wary of lifting heavy objects.

Do we have sufficient number of volunteers for this yet? What time do the "lifters" need to report?

--G0bble

Volunteers and people with materials can come 30 mins early to arrange and do the setup.

I can get the main office door opened to move the material safely instead of grill stairs.

Our office boy will be there for helping. And also asked our system admin to spare with us for few minutes for any connectivity.

Thanks Raghu. AFAIK, after I posted the list a couple of days ago, no one has dropped out as yet,so I think most will turn up. In case anyone is unable to come, do let Raghu know asap via PM.

Hi George,

There was a question earlier by one fellow member about recording the session for the benefit of people who cant make it on Sunday. Is there a plan to do it?

Thanks

Less than 2 days to go!

All of us who are making presentations are unanimously of the view that many questions ( some which may not be addressed on Sunday) can be posted as followups on the forum and we will be able to invite responses from others also, allowing better dissemination of the info.

We are sticking to the original agenda, and our focus on this workshop is introductory DIY , and not advanced DIY speaker topics. At this time it is not easy for us to gauge the level of knowledge and experience of the people attending( we know there are some noobs). We will decide, based on this workshop if there is interest in an advanced DIY speaker workshop later. At that session we could ask for more specific areas of interest and try to cover them.

The agenda remains as posted with a couple of minor changes:

Anil's session to introduce DIY speakers will have a shorter Q & A since the second and third presentations will be more detailed and will generate more knowledgeable questions.
In addition the short presentation on making an MLTL speaker system, which was to be done by me has been dropped-this is more appropriate in a later session.

We all look forward to meeting you folks on Sunday morning.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back