Recommend 29"/32" LCD less than 40K

dichkaun

Looking for recommendation for a 29"/32" LCD TV costing less than 40K.
This is for my parents who will primarily be watching SD content on local cable (not dish). Occasionally they'll watch regular DVDs too.
I would prefer LG/Samsung/Philips as only these have a dealer in town. So in case of trouble it is easy to get serviced.

Thanks,
Dich.

Hi,
I got Samsung LA32A550 in 38500 bucks from "Griah Vaibhava", Bangalore about 2 weeks back.
Along with this i got LG HDMI 1.5m cable in 900 bucks.
You can Go for Samsung as i did comparison b/w Sammy /LG/Sony and i found that sammy gives the best value for money.

the samsung LA32A550 is good but it has been replaced by the much improved LA32B530 this one has better contrast and much better image processing,the older LA32A550 is a EOL product.
alternately if u watch SD content mostly then get the sony KLV-32S550A this again is a new model with much improved contrast and has a much better image processing in name of bravia engine 3.

Thanks adder/topgun.
Where does LG fit in? Are they any good?

~dich

well LG looses to the samsung and sony in terms of true contrast,shadow detail,image processing.
so in simple words they aren't as good as samsung and sony in overall performance and image quality.

Last edited:
Hey Dude,

If your budget is nearly 40k then strech it a bit to 45k and go for a panasonic plasma pv8 42". It would be a better buy any day.

I just bought it a week back and it completely rocks and if you really want to stick onto LCD then go for sony S series 32", thats the best bet.

I feel panasonic LCD lx80 as very good one too which pretty much comes within your range as well as check out the philips 5403 one too.

Regards
Ashwin

If your budget is nearly 40k then strech it a bit to 45k and go for a panasonic plasma pv8 42". It would be a better buy any day.
Regards
Ashwin
Unfortunately the room and its furniture restricts the size to 29"/32".
I'll check out the sony/philips.

~dich

Unfortunately the room and its furniture restricts the size to 29"/32".
I'll check out the sony/philips.

~dich

Can you not wall mount it? I've done that for my TV and all speakers too. PV8 makes a lot of sense and it's the best thing going around as of now in it's price range and more...

The wall has a inbuilt TV unit and this unit only has space for something around 32" or less.
Does PV8 has a smaller sibling?
~dich
There is a panasonic 32'' LCD available in the market for less than 40k actually aorund 35k or less. Its VFM. Good pictures and great SD content. HD content is okayish types but then again for a 32'' screen who would watch HD content anyway.

The Samsung is good. Don't count of the LG other than the 80 series which rocks. The Sony S series is okay but not VFM.

The choice should be between samsung and panasonic

The wall has a inbuilt TV unit and this unit only has space for something around 32" or less.
Does PV8 has a smaller sibling?
~dich

Panasonic makes only LCDs in 32"/37" AFAIK. And to my mind nothing in 32"/37" is VFM. Only the PV8 at 42" is VFM. It's better you look to making changes in the wall unit rather than compromise on the TV. Otherwise you'll end up paying a lot more for a 32" model when compared to the PV8.

If you still want to go the 32" route then Panasonic VIERA TX-32LX80 is another option. Also check out Sharp and Philips in the 32" LCD segment. Sony will be expensive compared to others. LG is a no go for sure. Samsung you can consider but others will deliver better PQ when compared to it.

Panasonic makes only LCDs in 32"/37" AFAIK. And to my mind nothing in 32"/37" is VFM. Only the PV8 at 42" is VFM. It's better you look to making changes in the wall unit rather than compromise on the TV. Otherwise you'll end up paying a lot more for a 32" model when compared to the PV8.

If you still want to go the 32" route then Panasonic VIERA TX-32LX80 is another option. Also check out Sharp and Philips in the 32" LCD segment. Sony will be expensive compared to others. LG is a no go for sure. Samsung you can consider but others will deliver better PQ when compared to it.

+1 for the panasonic viera 32lx80

I've turned into a Panasonic fanboy. I've this TV, the PV8 and the 29" CRT Tau FX 29FX20CDS3...

I have always been one i.e. a Pana fanboy

1. my summer internship money from maruti went the very next day in a panasonic handycam gs35. Still gives me great shots at day (night time noise exists - no paris hilton episode for me :licklips:, so will do)
2. got a panasonic lumix fx when i was in the US long time back. Its a 6 MP camera , gives me 150+ shots on a single recharge, great pictures both in day and night (obviously with steady hands)
3. went for the pana pv8 (initial plan was samsung 5/6 series) - never regretted it till now. Thanks for this forum.
4. whats next - you tell me.:clapping:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back