Reel-to-reel enthusiasts?

hi guys this is aditya here i own an akai GX 265 . it sounds excellent . i use to only to play old songs .

Last edited:
hi guys this is aditya here . I own an AKAI GX 265 D , i use it regularly for listening to old songs .

Last edited:
Thanks.
These were lying unused for years.
After reading this thread I thought of getting them working.
Now I will start to explore my old reel tapes.

And td 150, in case managing two reel decks proves an onerous burden, you know who can help you with some load shedding...-:)

Hi GTM,
I tried to check with lots of repair guys but nobody really knows what an RtoR is. This guy I found out is a gem in repair works and knows almost all repair works of vintage electronics. He is from vintage era and knows these equipments. He is situated near mohd. ali road at chor bazaar (I don,t remember the lane). Contact details are Mr. Ghalib 9867678874.

Friends,
On a recent visit to Hyderabad, I was gifted a few antiques by my BIL and sister and this was the one vintage audio equipment among that - a Grundig TK14 reel to reel player cum recorder. I am told there is a valve radio also that they want to gift me next time as they could not locate it ;). I have heard this very player play reels of Mirza Ghalib and few other Urdu Ghazals (Urdu is very popular among Hyderabad Old-timers) some 15 years ago and it was not being used after that. My BIL told me that it has an inbuilt tube amp but can be connected to a regular system through a DIN connector.

I need to do some reading as I don't know anything about reel to reel. I don't even know how to remove and mount the tapes. Any help would be appreciated. Some info on this player - spec, schematics, pics et all.
TK14 R-Player Grundig Radio-Vertrieb, RVF, Radiowerke, build

Here is a video I found on youtube of this player:
Grundig Tk14 Recorder - YouTube

Here are pics of the player, I need to clean it up and work on get it back to shape soon:

9d743c70.jpg

8e3402c8.jpg

2e1b31db.jpg

Some reels that were also given to me. The white thingy is the microphone that is to be used for recording.
9f2c7ab8.jpg

A lot of these Grundigs were quite common in upper middle class house holds in the 1970s. I remember one of my father's friends having a similar tape recorder. He used to bring it over to our place and tape his favorites from my father's LP collection. I could have been about 5 at the time but still remember this vividly. You mentioned the good old 5-pin Din connectors. If I recall correctly, it had a ceramic phono input. Thought so as my Dad used to connect his turntable directly to the tape recorder.

Friends,
On a recent visit to Hyderabad, I was gifted a few antiques by my BIL and sister and this was the one vintage audio equipment among that - a Grundig TK14 reel to reel player cum recorder. I am told there is a valve radio also that they want to gift me next time as they could not locate it ;). I have heard this very player play reels of Mirza Ghalib and few other Urdu Ghazals (Urdu is very popular among Hyderabad Old-timers) some 15 years ago and it was not being used after that. My BIL told me that it has an inbuilt tube amp but can be connected to a regular system through a DIN connector.

I need to do some reading as I don't know anything about reel to reel. I don't even know how to remove and mount the tapes. Any help would be appreciated. Some info on this player - spec, schematics, pics et all.

Here are pics of the player, I need to clean it up and work on get it back to shape soon:

9d743c70.jpg

8e3402c8.jpg

2e1b31db.jpg

Some reels that were also given to me. The white thingy is the microphone that is to be used for recording.
9f2c7ab8.jpg

GTM,

Some how missed your earlier posts.
You should have gone for the A77 + Jazz tapes, A77 are awesome equipment specially if they are in perfect working order and Jazz tapes are hard to find.

My A77 is up and working however not I have not used it. Just tested it with whatever tapes I had in hand (mostly wornout ones). I am checking my collection for some good condition ones.

May be some weekends more to explore its full potentials.

TD150. A77 is gone for all practical purposes as the previous owner has forgotten who he sold it to (the buyer bought it reluctantly which is why it is such a tragedy).

There is a good quality tascam br20 for 15k available but has only 2track 7.5 and 15ips which is too high end for me as the rest of my equipment is quite modest by comparison. 45min per reel is too little for me.

I am also looking at a mint condition revox b77 mkii which is also 2 track but which seems to have 3.75ips so that I can get 90min one way per reel.

I am yet to take my tc-399 to ghalib. That had 1.875ips needed for play back of home recordings done when I was a child. He knows his stuff though.

Mishmash04. Don't know if your mailbox is full but I sent you a couple of pms. If you are free tomorrow evening we can meet in gurgaon as I am visiting for a day tomorrow. Please let me know your contacts by pm.

Friends,

9d743c70.jpg

8e3402c8.jpg

2e1b31db.jpg

9f2c7ab8.jpg
Santhosh,

Let's talk on phone. I have quite a bit of experience on this deck.

Cheers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back