Reg. a new home theater setup for 26*19 room size

Paradigm studio 60/100 in mind...which ones are the best if my requirement is mostly movies....

I have had Paradigm studio v3 series as HT speakers for about 5 years now. IMO they are one of the best for movies. The ctr. channel options that they have possess excellent resolution for dialog, and the dipole surrounds are superb for creating diffuse sound field. I run mine with a Denon avr2310 and couldn't be happier.
Cheers,
Sid

Hey, if you are looking for speakers just for movies, you might want to check out JBL Screenarray 3722N. They are pretty big and heavy though.

I prefer not to keep speakers behind the screen because they add a lot to room decor therefore i will not like hide the beauties.

While if speakers are kept behind the screen then may be there could be maintenance and related issue on occasional basis and also could reduce the room length a little bit.

V.

With the room of this size
You can easily go with a screen of
150 inch 16:9 (dimensions 74 inch high by 131 inch wide)
The screen can be fixed, fixed curved or motorized
If you get Acoustic Fabric the speakers can be placed behind the Fixed screen

I have had Paradigm studio v3 series as HT speakers for about 5 years now. IMO they are one of the best for movies. The ctr. channel options that they have possess excellent resolution for dialog, and the dipole surrounds are superb for creating diffuse sound field. I run mine with a Denon avr2310 and couldn't be happier.
Cheers,
Sid

Sid,

Are you talking about these speakers ?

Studio CC-590 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

Or

Studio CC-490 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

How about the following one ?

Center 3 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

Thanks,
John.

Are you talking about these speakers ?

Studio CC-590 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

Or

Studio CC-490 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

These speakers are part of the Paradigm Reference Series Speakers and work with the Paradigm Studio 20 Speakers
Studio 20 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

or Paradigm Studio 60 Speakers
Studio 60 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

How about the following one ?

Center 3 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

These are the Paradigm Monitor Series and work with

Monitor 7
Monitor 7 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

or
Monitor 9
Monitor 9 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

or
Monitor 11
Monitor 11 - Welcome to the New Official Paradigm Website.

Hi John,
I am referring to the 590. It is an excellent center channel speaker - by far the most important speaker in a HT setup IMO. I have the v3 version and I see that in the current version they also have a 690 which may be better than the 590. Also in the v3 version for the front L&R they had a studio 40, which is a large bookshelf and is the one that I have. It has been discontinued in the present version.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Sid,

I strongly agree with you on the importance of center speaker in HT setup. I am actually going to put the same speaker for my Left, Right and Center for the perfect tonal match. I also have Denon 2310. These are my shortlists for now with in my budget of 2L for 5.1 speakers to pair with Denon 2310.

Monitor Audio
-------------
Sub - Velodyne EQ Max 15
Front L-R - RX Center
Center - RX Center
Surround - RXFX

Kef
----
Sub - Velodyne EQ Max 15
Front L-R - Q600c
Center - Q600c
Surround - Q800ds

Paradigm
---------
Sub - Velodyne EQ Max 15
Front L-R - Center 3
Center - Center 3
Surround - Surround 3

I don't think Paradigm studio series will come within the 2L budget :(.

I had a plan to get Jamo D600 and dropped it because they are 4ohm rated (will not work with Denon 2310) and pretty expensive.

Thanks,
John.

Paradigm
---------
Sub - Velodyne EQ Max 15
Front L-R - Center 3
Center - Center 3
Surround - Surround 3

For the Paradigm Monitor series that you have above- I would change the
Front L-R to Monitor 7

The Monitor 7 (Pair), Center 3 (1) and Surround 3 (Pair) will run you around Rs 125,000 to which you will need to add a Sub

You also need to replace the
RX Center with the corresponding Tower Speakers from Monitor Audio
Q600c with the corresponding Rower Speakers from Kef

Last edited:
This setup up is purely for HT. I don't want towers for my fronts. as I will have a separate setup for 2 channel stereo. That is the reason I am keeping the same speakers for Left, Right and Center. If you look at THX speaker systems, all the LCR speakers are exactly the same.

I feel people go for towers for main Left and Right in a 5.1 setup so that they can use the front towers for 2 channel stereo as well.

But for me, I need the perfect tonal match with all the three front speakers for my HT setup. That's why I am going with same speakers for Left, Right and Center.

Thanks,
John.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back