REL T5X placement options

FMs, any suggestions on what second sub should I be getting for increasing the pressure levels in the room and get gut punching bass?

Should I get another REL HT series sub or a ported sub like Rythmik fvx12, will there be issues with two such subs in a dual setup?

Or do I replace my Elac b6.2s with floorstanders.
You can demo various subwoofers and choose. JBL Pro has a dual 18-inch subwoofer, and it should hit your chest like a jackhammer. It will not have the extension though it can hit up to 22 HZ with the right amp.

I also recently got a REL HT 1005 MKII, with the same idea as yours of getting my gut punched.

But now I know better that I was just ignorant :)
Pls do try hearing out the JBL & Rythmic's as mentioned by other FM's. Also the Arendals are supposed to be good especially with their build quality & warranty. Pls check their 1723 2S subwoofer.
If I am not mistaken, you get that Chest impact with subwoofers that have got good midbass.
With the HT 1508, I get decent impact especially while watching John Wick movies with gun shots or fist punches.
Also the size of the room, and placement with respect to the subwoofer matters a lot.

Last edited:
Might end up doing that. Like a 12ish sub ?
I'd recommend listening to one before buying. Also compare ported versus sealed. If you're after outright slam, a ported one usually yields better results. Besides, you can always shove an old pair of sports socks to get them close to being sealed, if the bass is a bit much.

The only suggestion I can make here is to place the sub woofer beside your listening chair and listen. I know that running a cable all the way isn't ideal. If you have a spare long speaker cable lying around, give this a shot. This will be a high level input.

I would also suggest bringing the sub woofer forward. No use pushing it behind and into a corner. Try placing on the speaker outer and then inner, between your record storage box and the right loudspeaker. You can place the sub right beside the speaker. The feet of the REL an inch or two ahead of the Focal's spikes. I have my setup like this and it works very well.

An 8" sealed sub woofer will offer only a bass fill. Its not going to over power the room. That isn't the goal anyway when you are trying to integrate a sub woofer into a stereo setup.
I presume you are using the Neutrix connection on the REL?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back