Replacement Power Board for Boston Acoustics Soundware S SubWoofer

Jinu

Hi Folks
My Subwoofer stopped working and on checking found that the fuse had blown. Replacing the fuse did not help as the fuse blew again. Opening up the sub woofer i find that the Power unit of the subwoofer is completely burnt out. I need help in finding a replacement for the power board. Any ideas where i can get one?

Refer to images for condition of the board. The Sub Woofer is part of the speaker system Boston Acoustics Soundware S.

Any help is sourcing a replacement power board would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 66
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 65
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 61
Hi, I would suggest two choices for you
1. since your product is out of warranty, I would suggest you to get it fixed by the nearest Boston Acoustics service centers. It will be a paid service which we cannot assess the cost you may have to incur.
(OR)

2. Approach the nearest the service centers of any AV receivers brand and try to get it fixed. You're gonna have to figure out a way to convince him because few guys wouldn't take up products other than their brand but few definitely would. Anyway, this would delay up the process than the first alternative but I would say its worth it.

How did this it blew up? Did you crank up the volume too high?

Hi Folks
My Subwoofer stopped working and on checking found that the fuse had blown. Replacing the fuse did not help as the fuse blew again. Opening up the sub woofer i find that the Power unit of the subwoofer is completely burnt out. I need help in finding a replacement for the power board. Any ideas where i can get one?

Refer to images for condition of the board. The Sub Woofer is part of the speaker system Boston Acoustics Soundware S.

Any help is sourcing a replacement power board would be appreciated.

Lamington road....grant road east is the electronic component market...all these parts are easily available....if you have a known repairer you can get this fixed easily....try to download the service manual for boston acoustics subwoofer....it will have the detailed values etc for the amp board

In my opinion, service manual would never have the details at circuitry levels.. its best to contact MZ Audio distribution, the authorized service center for Boston Acoustics.

Thanks guys. I have sent MZ audio a mail waiting for their revert.

Regarding repair.. i dont think it is possible. In some places the PCB Is burnt through and through. It made me wonder how dangerous these things are and there are no protective cirucits around this to prevent such a permanent damage.

Any idea how expensive it would be... question is would it be just cheaper or almost as expensive to just replace the sub ?

Thanks guys. I have sent MZ audio a mail waiting for their revert.

Regarding repair.. i dont think it is possible. In some places the PCB Is burnt through and through. It made me wonder how dangerous these things are and there are no protective cirucits around this to prevent such a permanent damage.

Any idea how expensive it would be... question is would it be just cheaper or almost as expensive to just replace the sub ?

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same fault. Did you hear back from MZ audio?

I took mine to an authorized repairer and they wanted $260 to repair it. I have emailed MZ Audio as well as QlaliFi in To try to get the replacement board.

i had this sub. flashing green light.open out i found 2 transistor Q01 and Q02 at amp board with shorted two leg.it is BC20.i cannot get this BC20 online.can anyone help me find anther replace transistor model.pls heip.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back