Resurrection Speakers from Italy via Bhagwan

Congrats Manav. They look beautiful.

@ Bhagvan, the tweeter module seems to be off axis and firing towards the listener chair when compared to the woofer. It appears that the off axis response of that ribbon tweeter is way lower compared to that of the woofer. Is that so?

@ Bhagvan, the tweeter module seems to be off axis and firing towards the listener chair when compared to the woofer. It appears that the off axis response of that ribbon tweeter is way lower compared to that of the woofer. Is that so?

When I met J.S. [the loudspeaker designer] in Munich - few years back - he has suggested that the speaker be 'fired' straight.
The BEE Ribbon [Alain Bernard] should be pointing to cross before the listener 1 to 2 feet. Therefore the Ribbon may be 'off-axis' to the listener.
This is what was suggested to me.

The Tweeter [Ribbon] device is 'super high' on resolution & one may not always want to listen to all that is sent / thrown @ you :- :D

You could be right here about the bass. This is with a 6.5" mid-woofer. My TL has a 5.25" one and the bass is wholesome in a 270 sq. ft. listening space.

Even Hari's prototype which we listened during the Mumbai meet had nice, tight bass. And very coherent overall sound, I must add (and I was one of the noisier back benchers in the meet). The one bugbear was the finishing. Your's certainly look as good as any factory made speaker (at least what I could make out from your photos). And I am sure your's would sound much better than the prototype, considering the evolution and improvements the designer has wrought in making your "bespoke" pair.

When we listened to the Resurrection when Manav had come to Mumbai, the first thing that struck me was the resolution. Next I started looking for the hidden sub. Seriously. It was a wonder that a two-way with not very large cabinet and mid-sized woofer could produce so much tuneful bass. The wonders of TL.

Congrats Manav Bro!

Time you updated the list of gears in your signature ;)

The beauty of TL's has managed to strike again, who's next on the 'hit list' ??? :D

Denom ...... who else?
'e doesnt possess 'ne as of now ... and the 'nes he 'as are up sittin on top of the wall .... huh!

Unless of course if 'e is still not 'unning after them teeny weeny plastic driver boxes fitted with amps ... space savin I guess, to counter costly real-estate.

Last edited:
About 6 years back when i had finalised my Dehavilland 845 amps, i was considering the Buggtussel TL speakers. I even heard them with the Dehavillands and they sounded really good. But then i chose the Rethm Second over the Buggtussel.

Avidyarthy, you must hear your speakers with possibly Virens GM 70 or the 845 amp. It should sound very good. TL speakers do sound very good with medium to high powered tube amps.

thanks everyone!

my speaker prob has actually been vanquished!

@Dr. Bass... thanks bro! the set up is actually now very simple and it works to my expectations... in fact, the resolution is to die for!

The B&W's were great on resolution, but this speaker takes the cake. it very very high resolution. Its very coherent, musical and dynamic!

The imaging is pin-point and the mid range is a la alter etc... very pristine.

the bonus was the LF. it really digs deep. didn't expect any small woofer to do it for me. This does!

Now I'm waiting for an amp that will do one better than my 'umble Accuphase E 460!

Hiya Manav
One hell of a Neat set-up there, mate.
'Bhagwan' ne ek baar phir 'Manav' ka ud-daar kiya, eh?:D:lol::eek:hyeah:
(God[Bhagwan] hath come to the aid of the Mortal[Manav] once again, eh?)

Jokes apart, Manav, I am so very glad for you. Have you used your TT with these babes?
Really looking forward to meeting you soonest.

Congrats, my friend.

Cheerio

Hiya Manav
One hell of a Neat set-up there, mate.

Jokes apart, Manav, I am so very glad for you. Have you used your TT with these babes?
Really looking forward to meeting you soonest.

Congrats, my friend.

Cheerio

Thanks bro!

Still waiting for your number/call...

and yes, the speakers have been tried with my TT -- in fact exclusively, mostly, with the TT!

Last edited:
Malvai, this looks very nice, and very interesting. Those tweeter units are entirely separate? How heavy are they? Easy to knock out of position?
bhagwan said:
I also have a Manger 103.3 for sale if it would interest you;;
(added the link)

I wish you hadn't said that. As you may remember, the whole concept of these speakers caught my eye and mind a couple of months ago: they are featuring in my audio daydreams. But, as I mentioned about the not-quite-as-expensive ELP laser turntable, more money than I am ever likely to spend on any single item, let alone hifi. I'd have to move house to give good speakers a chance anyway.

Yea thad, the tweeter unit is entirely separate and is placed on top. Each tweeter is easily about 8 kg. not that easy to displace. But one must be careful nevertheless!

They are heavy enuff to not vibrate and dance on the top. And in fact these units contribute to about 80% of the overall sound.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back