Resurrection Speakers from Italy via Bhagwan

Wherez the TL outlet ..... speaker rear top?

Mine's at the speaker bottom .. kinda down firing type. I have to vitually push the speakers to the back-wall for 'the' desired bass, unlike what I see in the pics here ... where it is a cool 2-3 ft in front of the wall.

Last edited:
Congrats! looks simple and elegant.I am guessing this way you get the feeling that the room is filled with music and not loads of equipment.:)

manav

Having followed your upgrade trail for a couple of years now, I feel that Accuphase E-460 is already an 'endangered species' in your set up. I may be proved wrong but I think that you will be bidding goodbye to it within the next 6-9 months. The E-460 is way outside my budget, otherwise I would have sent you a feeler by now :)

An Accuphase E450 used to be at the top of my amp wish list, but now it has been replaced by the McIntosh MA6900. I have not heard either of the amps. My wish list is based purely on gut instinct! Budget: 225-250K for a clean, carefully used, relatively new amp. Time frame: Only when I can buy one on my own terms. For the moment I have rediscovered a fondness for Bryston and I can happily live with it for a little while longer.

Is there a website for the Resurrections?

If I google it, all I get is some very weird religious stuff ---and this thread! :lol:

If I google it, all I get is some very weird religious stuff ---and this thread! :lol:

According to the previous owner, the Resurrection's are named after Mahler's second symphony. And perhaps this symphony will reveal better than any other music, whether Alain Bernard's creation is worth it's price tag!

manav

Try and find the vinyl recording of Otto Klemperer conducting this symphony and .....

play it LOUD!

Gustavo Dudamel / SBSOV Mahler: Symphony No. 2 Mov I - YouTube

Last edited:
I will attempt to answer all queries, and since I am on tapatalk I can't do the multiple quote thingee to answer each query under the appropriate quote.

@ Dr. Bass: I actually don't think I will sell off the accuphase because what it is doing, and I have tried it with all sorta Di speakers like my erstwhile 801, heard the Thiel 2.4 and 3.7, then a pair of Hatbeths and even a Tannoy Monitor Gold 15".

The amp simply rocks on all speakers and with all genres with equal ease. The tone is awesome. Unmistakable.

With the resurrections, if I have to do better, I'll have to buy the canasta mono blocks plus a very very expensive pre amp. Even then, the difference would be marginal and I think I will miss the tonal quality of the accuphase.

So for now, an amp upgrade is more in the realm of fantasy.

@ Ajay: I think my reply to Dr bass answers you as well :)

@ Thad, I have a one and a half hear old son. The speakers are safe with him around. Two reasons for that ; the speakers are not flimsy by any standards and 2 my son is now very trained! He knows the discipline for the listening room. The only problem I have with him is to get him to get off my listening chair!

@avid: the bass port is at the bottom rear... Will take a snap of that assembly as well, because there is science to that as well.,, it isn't just a simple hole...

@ someone else who mentioned the room being devoid of too many electronics and hence being full of music. You sir, ate very perceptive. The room has loads of music. Over 1600 CDs and 2000 Lps.... All on shelfa that have been done in such a way that they also act as simple room treatment. Will post pictures once I back in delhi.

Incidentally, I have just landed in Bangalore! Will meet up a lot of the Bangalore folks on Monday and Tuesday evening!

According to the previous owner, the Resurrection's are named after Mahler's second symphony. And perhaps this symphony will reveal better than any other music, whether Alain Bernard's creation is worth it's price tag!
A wonderful piece of music. I've experienced it live a couple of times, have a very disappointing LP of it (early days of digital mastering: everything that makes some peple hate digital, and a complete waste of what was, to me, a lot of money at the time) and a CD. Oddly, it lurked, unknow and unsuspected, on a second-hand home-made cassette with Tchaikovsky scrawled on it. I only found it being, one night, in an oh-heck-play-anything mood.

So, that massive finale sound good on these speakers, eh? :D

No website. These were originally made to order by FM 'Bhagwan' .

They are one of their kind!
Amazing!

Last edited:
@avid: the bass port is at the bottom rear... Will take a snap of that assembly as well, because there is science to that as well.,, it isn't just a simple hole...
!

Manav Bhai
Thats no bass port there,
me sure you used that term in a terrible hurry,
because like you yourself said
"it isn't just a simple hole..."
AFAIMC,
TL Design and Bass reflex design are,
to the discerning listener,
poles apart
(read chalk n' cheese)

For example
FM Hari Iyer's creations do make a whole lot of more (common)sense
to a noob like me than
say, a more acclaimed
(read weirdly hybrid and 'dichotomous')
design involving a FRD as tweeter
and a pro sub subwoofer driver in a bass reflex port cab
with a capacitor-based low pass XO at 300 hz:indifferent14::rolleyes::indifferent14: :rolleyes:

TL ROCKS, esp when its purely TL for the LFs
@all FMs
For further opinion, please read my signature carefully . .

@Manav
BTW, mate, sorry for the goof about the No
UGPM

Regards

Last edited:
Manav Bhai
Thats no bass port there,
me sure you used that term in a terrible hurry,
because like you yourself said
"it isn't just a simple hole..."
AFAIMC,
TL Design and Bass reflex design are,
to the discerning listener,
poles apart

Regards

I meant outlet.

An Accuphase E450 used to be at the top of my amp wish list, but now it has been replaced by the McIntosh MA6900. I have not heard either of the amps. My wish list is based purely on gut instinct! Budget: 225-250K for a clean, carefully used, relatively new amp. Time frame: Only when I can buy one on my own terms. For the moment I have rediscovered a fondness for Bryston and I can happily live with it for a little while longer.

Ajay , they are both very very different amps and not something you should buy without listening. Nothing wrong with either BUT very different !

Manav, Congratulations ! great to see your setup growing in leaps and bounds. Bhagwan has very discerning choices himself and buying something off him is really riskfree with regard to the sound ! i would guess that a tweeter like this needs a very very refined amp..something an accuphase is known for.

Last edited:
Ajay , they are both very very different amps and not something you should buy without listening. Nothing wrong with either BUT very different !

Manav, Congratulations ! great to see your setup growing in leaps and bounds. Bhagwan has very discerning choices himself and buying something off him is really riskfree with regard to the sound ! i would guess that a tweeter like this needs a very very refined amp..something an accuphase is known for.

Thanks arj! The resurrections thrive on powerful and high resolution amplification. When I heard them first they were being powered by cadence canasyas! Good powerful and very high resolution.

The canasyas being mono block tube amplifiers I initially thought that the accuphase might lose steam on some counts.

Thankfully, it didn't. So, now I can truly sit pretty!

Unless of course I get a pair of canasyas and a great toob pre at a real world price!

It is a name I chose for this speaker - Mahler's Symphony # 2 = Resurrection - hence the name.

This is the Tweeter [Ribbon] Details :-

12015 ( with blue tops )
Ribbon loudspeaker
120mm x10mm aluminum 5microns -medium-tweeter
Special damping
850 Hz 40 000 Hz
96 dB / 2.83v/ 1 meter
Weight : 10 kg
dim; diameter 165mm, hight 220mm
Transformer Beengineering 4 ohms
Power handling 40 W
Magnets ; neodymium N45H
Flux density : 0.9Tesla

I wonder if this is of any use :-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have a few more - I never 'shared' them before;;

More :-

Now this is called an excellent waterfall graph;;imho:mad:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back