Resurrection Speakers from Italy via Bhagwan

Congrats Bro. Enjoy.
Some genuine upgrade/s from my last visit :). I envy delhiites. If possible do give these system a listen everyone.
Regards

:lol: ... why so?
Its not only about equipment/s It could be a worthwhile visit to listen to an experienced listener's approach of building a good system.:)
The source has always been Muuumbai ....
If I remember correctly His Krell or Bryston was from south, Thiels were from Mumbai, Accuphase is from Delhi, Cartridges and Vinyls are from US. Manavbhai is International man of Audiophilia. :lol:
Regards

Now this is called an excellent waterfall graph;;imho:mad:

:)

So now I know what such a graph should look like!

I am severely challenged on all things numeric and mathematical (there is a numeric equivalent of dyslexia but I forget the name: I took a web-based test and passed with flying colours :( :eek:). It makes it much harder to understand the technical aspects of audio, but somehow it still interests me and I try.

So, to my extremely limited understanding and small experience of such things, everything looks good.

In both pitch and rhythm, music is nothing but an expression of numbers. Thank god we do not have to be numerate to appreciate it!

@ Dr. Bass: I actually don't think I will sell off the accuphase because what it is doing, and I have tried it with all sorta Di speakers like my erstwhile 801, heard the Thiel 2.4 and 3.7, then a pair of Hatbeths and even a Tannoy Monitor Gold 15".

The amp simply rocks on all speakers and with all genres with equal ease. The tone is awesome. Unmistakable.

With the resurrections, if I have to do better, I'll have to buy the canasta mono blocks plus a very very expensive pre amp. Even then, the difference would be marginal and I think I will miss the tonal quality of the accuphase.

Glad you understand that;)

Congrats Bro. Enjoy.
Some genuine upgrade/s from my last visit :). I envy delhiites. If possible do give these system a listen everyone.
Regards

FYi delhi sucks for Audio. THere is hardly a single place where one can listen high end audio. Mumbai?Bangalore are the places to be..

Came back to Delhi from a very very eventful trip to Bangalore!

I hard at least 8 set ups at 4 places and loved all. I also came back with even more respect for the Resurrections...

In Bangalore, I first set up that I heard was FM stevieboy's.

His setup is: Garrad 301 + SME 3012 S2 + Ortofon SPU + Lyrita Phono with Cinemag SUT + Lyrita DHT Preamp + Lyrita 2A3 poweramp + Lyrita Harmony One Loudspeakers.

Stevie's setup has a very inviting, intimate feel to it. It does not do large soundstages etc But, what it does do is: immerse your senses. You forget about the typical audiophile jargon and enjoy the sounds. Liked it a lot!

Stevie is also a wonderful & gracious host. Thanks for everything stevie!

The next two set ups that I experienced were at Siva's place. His own Acoustic Portrait creations.

His budget set up consisted of his Swara Pre and Power amps, fed with the Thyaga DAC and a pioneer DVD transport. The speakers were his old VIFA based floor standers. This set up was very musical and very very staisfying. Price to performance ratio was very very high.

His main set up was his gigantic 200wpc monoblock power amps, his top of line, highly tweaked preamp, the Thyaga Dac and Transport and his enormous scanspeak based speakers....

The sound was huge! The Thyaga Dac run through a computer was a ear opener. IMHO, its a superb DAC, comparable to many DAC's costing much higher!

My only grouse with the sound here was that it lacked 'nimbleness' on very delicate pieces of music. But then, its a small quibble... and it has more to do with his speakers... i guess guess giant speakers don't do nimble that well most of the time.

Next up was Jochen's gear at The Listening Room. Jochen is far out in the outskirts and getting there was major mental block that I had to deal with. Deal with, I did! And I am so happy for it!

At Jochen's Place I heard 3 set-ups, powered into the very aptly named Fun 17 speakers.

Set up 1: Scheu Das Laufwerk (??) TT + Scheu Classic 12" tonearm + EMT TD 15-n Cart + Einstein Phono + Einstein integrated amp (70wpc).

This set up was superb! Heard it for hours. It did the dynamics, PRAT, detail - everything well and was very musical. Immensely recommended!

Set up 2: Scheu Das Laufwerk (??) TT + Scheu Cantus 12" tonearm + Scheu Cart (dont remember which one, but it was in the same league as the more expensive benz models) + Trigon Advance Battery Powered Phono + Trigon Pre + Trigon 135 wpc Monoblocks.

I heard this set up the least, as I felt that the Cantus was out of alignment. Despite that, it showed me the capability of the electronics. I think the trigon stuff is beautifully built and sounds super.

Set up 3: Scheu Cello (dont remember the tonearm that was on it) + Scheu Cart (equivalent of the Benz Ace) + Triogon entry level phono with outboard PSU +Trigon CDP + Trigon Integrated amp.

This set up was extremely high on my price to performance rating. The integrated was clean sounding and paired quite well with the Fun 17 speakers.
The CDP was superb too as was the Cello TT. IMHO, very modestly priced and yet all of it combining into a very foot tapping experinece. So if one is on a tight budget, i'd highly recommend this combo!

A confession: As i didn't take notes, I might have got some of the equipment's' names all wrong. So, bear with me. In some places I have not even named the amps etc...

Overall experience at Jochen's: I loved the Einstein amp almost as much as I love my Accuphase E460. The Fun 17 were on my list of probables in case i could not afford the Resurrection. And now that I have heard the Fun 17, I can say that had the Resurrections not come my way, this would be the speakers i'd go for.... Loved them more than the Harbeth.

The Fun 17, despite being a average sized floor stander did everything right and filled out a very large room with beautiful sound even with the modestly rated 70 wpc. The dial on the Einstein never went beyond the 11 o'clock mark. and at 11 it was impossible to have any sort of conversation.

Good pairing. adequate on power and superb sonics.

Lastly, we come to Santosh. What do I say about him except that he is one of the nicest people that I have ever met. He absolutely insisted that I cehck out of the hotel and move to his place. In fact, he made sure I did!

So, on the last evening in Bangalore, I was with him and 2 more FM's - GVenu and Ramesh - hifipal4all.

At his place, we experienced the awesomeness of the 'voice of the theatre'... these speakers do EVERYTHING right. The best way to describe the sound is - LARGE, Palpable, dynamic, delicate... i could go on and on...

I felt that santosh needs to go the DHT + 2a3 way to get the speakers going to their full & true potential. He is already looking in that direction!

His other set up is a wonderful mini-theatre! One must experience it to know what we call the "work of a shaukeen" .

Santosh, thanks for everything. And I must thank Vandana for the lovely dinner and then the early morning breakfast! it was truly wonderful to meet you guys up!

Also, a special mention must be made for the gracious Ramesh, who took an entire day out to take me to Jochen's place! And also to Audio Vision. Here we heard the "golden ear" speakers and the B&W 800D. I do love the B&W...

Golden Ear is a fabulous HT speaker. Good for music as well... guys do get an audition if you can!

Now coming back to the Resurrection. On coming back, in fact last evening, I tweaked the speaker placement and then the tweeter unit placement until i got them just right! Once dialled in, this speaker is truly unbeatable. The only other speaker that I cannot seem to displace from my memory is the "voice of the theatre"... The Resurrections have the same kind of mid-range quality, better HF, and very high resolution presentation that gives one an incredible experience on good recordings. It also shows up bad recordings in a very unforgiving manner. It also makes makes the inadequate quality source components unbearable to listen to.... (like the Logitech Squeezebox...) I think i will need a good DAC soon...

But, what the Resurrections don't have is the Gigantic scale of the Voice of the Theatre... also the Altec's are very non-hifi.... hence quite charming!

I think I will build a smaller Altec just for that! Maybe a 604... And then I'm gonna keep both!

Whew! That's all for now!

FYi delhi sucks for Audio. THere is hardly a single place where one can listen high end audio. Mumbai?Bangalore are the places to be..

@Saurabhk: You must connect up with other members in Delhi & NCR and then visit them.... Delhi too has a lot of good set ups and I have heard many at various FM's places in the last year that I have been here.

You just need to reach out.... I can list out many:

1. esholic (Capt. Ashok)
2. Cybervinay (Vinay)
3. SKR (Santosh ji, he is usually in between Delhi and Malaysia i think)
4. Viren ji (He is the man behind the awesome Lyrita Audio)
and many many more....

You are most welcome to set a time with me and listen to my set up as well!

@Saurabhk: You must connect up with other members in Delhi & NCR and then visit them.... Delhi too has a lot of good set ups and I have heard many at various FM's places in the last year that I have been here.

1. esholic (Capt. Ashok)
2. Cybervinay (Vinay)
and many many more....

Good Post;

I too felt that there was a lot of audio in ND.
When ever I have visited - I have heard a lot of audio - mid-fi to hi-fi
You just need to look around to find the set ups & visit them as per their time & convenience.
All the Best !

Hi,

Manav,thanks for the detailed write up of your B'lore experiences.

Lastly, we come to Santosh. What do I say about him except that he is one of the nicest people that I have ever met.

I couldn't agree more.

Regards
Rajiv

Nice writeup Manav, must visit Jochen and listen to ^ systems.

Lastly, we come to Santosh. What do I say about him except that he is one of the nicest people that I have ever met. He absolutely insisted that I cehck out of the hotel and move to his place. In fact, he made sure I did!

So, on the last evening in Bangalore, I was with him and 2 more FM's - GVenu and Ramesh - hifipal4all.

At his place, we experienced the awesomeness of the 'voice of the theatre'... these speakers do EVERYTHING right. The best way to describe the sound is - LARGE, Palpable, dynamic, delicate... i could go on and on...

I felt that santosh needs to go the DHT + 2a3 way to get the speakers going to their full & true potential. He is already looking in that direction!

His other set up is a wonderful mini-theatre! One must experience it to know what we call the "work of a shaukeen" .

Santosh, thanks for everything. And I must thank Vandana for the lovely dinner and then the early morning breakfast! it was truly wonderful to meet you guys up!

What can I say? You are very kind with your words :)

Thanks for dropping by Manav, it was really nice to meet you. Had one of the best evenings in a long time with Venu, Ramesh and you.... over music, Single Malt and snacks.

1. esholic (Capt. Ashok)
2. Cybervinay (Vinay)
and many many more....

Well i was refering to retail outlets :D

Would surely take you up on your listening session offer..

Most welcome Manav. Was nice catching up with you. Will definitely drop in when in delhi to listen to your system to get a taste of that ribbon tweeter.

Regards

Hi Manav
Congrats on the speakers. I hope it works for you.
Have got the diablo utopia home for a while and am considering it. Dont like the red colour though. Drop in if in town
Rgds

Hi Manav
Have got the diablo utopia home for a while and am considering it. Dont like the red colour though. Drop in if in town
Rgds

wow! thats a good 'un! will definitely visit when i come to mumbai next!

Hi Manav
Rgds

LOOKING FOR A GREAT SPEAKER !!!

Sir,

If you need a speaker - there is a Manger 103.3 for sale;
Rs. 265/- K

Retail in India is 1000/- K ++ [19K US is Suggested Retail]

Demo is possible.

Do let me know if it is of any interest to you;

Manger Audio - The Zerobox 103

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back