Resurrection Speakers from Italy via Bhagwan

Have got the diablo utopia home for a while and am considering it. Dont like the red colour though.
Rgds

fantastic speakers! great resolution, big sound stage and works really well with accuphase. my personal favorite:)

I think it is available in three different colors(red,white and black).

Go for it Thad... its a real good speaker!

Don't! I just got that much on a pension lump sum ...but it has to be headed for fixed deposit.

I don't need new speakers, my Castles are just fine, and the hifi is just not used enough to justify it to myself, let alone to the Financial Director of the family.

Since I got fascinated by Genelec, Manger is the first thing I've seen that, not knowing much about speaker speaker technologies, seems to offer something desirably different. It's a great chance. I look forward to hearing that they've gone to a great home. A better home than I could give give then even if I did have the ready money.

LOOKING FOR A GREAT SPEAKER !!!

Sir,

If you need a speaker - there is a Manger 103.3 for sale;
Rs. 265/- K

Retail in India is 1000/- K ++ [19K US is Suggested Retail]

Demo is possible.

Do let me know if it is of any interest to you;

Manger Audio - The Zerobox 103
Thanks for the above Bhagwan

My listening room is very small (16ft X 14ft) and is also a living room. Am sure you understand the small spaces we have to accept here in south Mumbai bhagwan as u live 5 minutes away from me. Very bulky or ugly speakers (i know this is relative) are not an option as this is not a dedicated music room.

Will the manger be too much of a speaker for this small a room? Had problems controlling the bass with all my previous floor standers. Have had Thiels, B&W, Avalons in the past few years and at the moment have the focal Diablo to audition. Actually I also have a totem speaker which though not at all in the big league does a good job with the accuphase amps.
U are welcome to come over and see for yourself.
Thanks again
Rgds

Last edited:
Thanks for the above Bhagwan

My listening room is very small (16ft X 14ft) and is also a living room. Am sure you understand the small spaces we have to accept here in south Mumbai bhagwan as u live 5 minutes away from me. Very bulky or ugly speakers (i know this is relative) are not an option as this is not a dedicated music room.

Will the manger be too much of a speaker for this small a room? Had problems controlling the bass with all my previous floor standers. Have had Thiels, B&W, Avalons in the past few years and at the moment have the focal Diablo to audition. Actually I also have a totem speaker which though not at all in the big league does a good job with the accuphase amps.
U are welcome to come over and see for yourself.
Thanks again
Rgds

Sir,

I am sorry;
I did not know the size of your room.
Else, I would not have offered the Manger 103.3 to you.

I myself have a very small room & have been living with those limitations for a while now.

I have not visited your house - however, would love to.

Have you tried good quality B/S Speakers in your room ? Magico Mini or Micro Utopia BE or Wilson Audio Duetta etc.

You have good amplification - so a good speaker would compliment your needs. This Resurrection may have been a speaker for you to try out. I had made it for a small room....

Sir,

I am sorry;

I myself have a very small room & have been living with those limitations for a while now.

I have not visited your house - however, would love to.

Have you tried good quality B/S Speakers in your room ? Magico Mini or Micro Utopia BE or Wilson Audio Duetta etc.

You have good amplification - so a good speaker would compliment your needs. This Resurrection may have been a speaker for you to try out. I had made it for a small room....

Hi Bhagwan
Yes I know from common friends that you also have a small room and have been able to work around that & get great sound.
Have heard the wilsons you mention but not the magico mini. The magico is also out of my budget the last time I checked. B&W 805s I owned but thought the top end with the metal dome tweeter was too much. I dont think much of the new 805 diamonds.
Another speaker I liked was the old SF Extrema but the ones that were offered were too battered for me to really consider. Micro utopia is now replaced by the diablo utopia & that is precisely what I have at home at the moment.
Please PM me your cell No & we will fix a convenient time for u to visit.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Rgds
Dinyaar

Last edited:
Just finished listening to the Focals at Dinyaar's place. We listened to a variety of music - Alfred Brendel (Beethoven), Richard Galliano (Bach), Jennifer Warnes, tracks from some trusted faithfuls Dire Straits (Money for Nothing), Michael Jackson (Blood on the Dancing floor) to see how power packed the bass could be, and a bunch of other stuff. The Focals (in combination with the Accuphase Pre-power) are just pure magic. This is Malvai's thread so dont want to hijack it with too detailed a listening impression. Even though I knew that this was a new pair, and only the tweeter has truly broken in (it seems the rest will take ridiculously long to break in), I could not resist the temptation and kept aside a couple of other pressing errands. These bookshelves are not supplemented with with sub-woofers a la Bhagwan. Yet, the sound was very fullbodied, detailed and polished, with no harshness, bass very precise, a pretty wide soundstage, and altogether extremely pleasant and impressive. Particularly memorable was Richard Galliano.
A definite inclusion in my shortlist at least. Dinyaar, thanks a ton for a lovely morning. Would have loved to listen more to vocals, but perhaps after the speakers have fully broken in.

@ G T M - you should have come over after Dinyaar's place & got him along too;
Sunday mornings is generally 'relaxed'
Was listening to Ustaad Bismillah Khan Saheb for 3 hours this morning;;;
Would have been nice to catch up.
Next time; Do ping me !

Next time; Do ping me !

Bhagwan, sure thing next time. Would have tried this time itself but the late morning morning start quickly became afternoon. A 3 hour recording? Knowing you, it would be audiophile grade. Honestly, I have never before come across a 3 hour Hi-Rez Hindustani Classical recording, though there are plenty of live concerts with ordinary recording quality. Once more, a must listen...

My listening room is very small (16ft X 14ft) and is also a living room.

I myself have a very small room & have been living with those limitations for a while now.....

I have heard Manger and have used a derivative of the 8" woofers I believe the Manger's use (Vifa PL series?).

I do not believe that 4 8" woofers (tuned to try and keep pace with the MSW driver) would over power a room of this size especially a living room that will have curtains, a sofa set, and other brick-a-brack.

However I dont know of the aesthetics. The Mangers are not overly large in my view (WAF might see it differently) at 45" x 11" x 17" my (under construction) home brew speakers (that also use a pair fo 8" woofers) are as large and in a similar sized room (12.5' x 20').

That said I dont know if Manger has improved their product lately but the ones I have heard the bass does not do the MSW justice. The MSW is truly a nice driver. B&G neo 10 comes close (besides the MSW goes lower).

Next time; Do ping me !

>>>

bhagwan,

I would like to listen to your rig, based on your convenience of course.
As I immerse myself in music, I would like to be exposed to all manner of not only music ( although I have some favourite genres) but also audio equipment.

Regards
issigonis

>>>

bhagwan,

I would like to listen to your rig, based on your convenience of course.
As I immerse myself in music, I would like to be exposed to all manner of not only music ( although I have some favourite genres) but also audio equipment.

Regards
issigonis

Sir,
Most welcome;
Any day post 1800 @ home.
Just send me a p.m. with your email & mobile # & we will fix it up.

>>>
Bhagwan,

Thank you.
Will send a pm soon.
Your Resurrection speakers ( and the nomenclature) are intriguing, from the way Manav was effusively describing them.
Regards
issigonis

The R's have now been in the chain for over 2 weeks.... All placement dialled in and they are making glorious music. The Sq is unlike anywhere else!

These speakers image so well, and the dynamics are awesome. The accuphase has finally met it's match in the R's.

Also I got my Audience Conductor E speaker cables. For once I can actually hear the difference. It is a good cable and is allowing the R's even more detail. The timing too has improved and the bass has tightened up in comparison to earlier (not that the bass was loose or flabby earlier).

The sound also seems a little more open, a couple of. Idle have been lifted.

Been listening to music all day today! The rig is sounding insanely good!

It seems that the Audience Conductor E speaker cables have somewhat burned in and now the sound is mesmerizing!

I am so happy with every bit of the chain now!

I do not think I will be making any more 'upgrades' for a long time to come.

The R's have now been in the chain for over 2 weeks.... All placement dialled in and they are making glorious music. The Sq is unlike anywhere else!
Hello Sir !
Do take some nice pictures & post.
I am keen to know how the speaker has been placed & the Tweeter module [more important] How far & What the Toe-In is on it.
Thanks.
All the Best !

p.s. Also try and put some absorbent material between the Ribbom & the top of the TL - Bass Section.

:p

Back