Resurrection Speakers from Italy via Bhagwan

Dear Kartick,
As Bhagwan mentioned, the R's are at about 86db sensitivity.... Would need a minimum of 50watts...

However you are most welcome to come and try....

Spent a great evening at Manav's place today....Let me start by saying that Manav has a wonderful vinyl collection of music of various genres but I was pleasantly surprised to see a lovely collection of bossa nova which I love very much......

The Resurrection speakers powered by the Accuphase E-460 sound superb and extremely musical....I was surprised at the tight, precise bass coming out of the 6.5 inch driver as well as the clarity and instrument separation....I thought the speakers were superb all rounders as it played all kinds of music wonderfully....we played Stan Getz, Frank Sinatra with Jobim, Chic, The Eagles, Peter Gabriel and Fleetwood Mac...the system just had me tapping my foot the whole time....
The resolution, clarity and separation of instruments was superb and I would recommend every one to go and take a listen...again the Accuphase E-460 was a major contributor to the superb sound and I don't think Manav would be upgrading anything over the next few years....

Was the listening only on Vinyl ?

Hey Manav,

One of these days, i would also like to visit you to audition your speakers. I would want to carry along the lyrita integre two amp which i have borrowed from Viren sir. I have been trying to experiment with a single driver - super tweeter sound these days so i guess it would be an enriching experience with your speakers. Please let me know if we can do this sometime. I can get my hendrix lps as well. Those have a divine sq.

Cheers
Kartick

lyrita intgre 2 will not be able to drive these by a long shot. Maybe my concert 8 2 way which is 90 db but 85-86 and that too of the grade the resurrections are..highly doubtful if theyll get to open up even if they play.

Thanks for your revert Bhagwan. You are correct about the efficiency of the speaker there. Actually, I shall be eyeing a speaker which will have around 93db sensitivity or thereabouts since my amp is a 10 watter. I have been using the amp with my wharfedale 9.1s which are similar to Manav's speaker's in their sensitivity. It is more of a curious audition than a realistic one as far as my buying decision goes. But I really like to try out new and different things so wanted to audition these reputed speakers.

PS: The 10 watt integre two amp really drives the 86 db speakers very well. But I am just on the lookout for a speaker which provides better mids.

Cheers
Kartick

Dear Kartick,
As Bhagwan mentioned, the R's are at about 86db sensitivity.... Would need a minimum of 50watts...

However you are most welcome to come and try....

I agree Manav but it is an experiment that I want to try as I have seen the integre two sound good with my 9.1s, so I would like to see the potential of the amp with your speakers.

If you could PM me your mobile number, we could fix up a time to do this audition.

Thnks
Kartick

Thanks for your revert Bhagwan.
Audition these reputed speakers.

Sir,
This is a 'custom' Speaker.
I had it made in Italy.
I am not sure if there is any other pair in the world.
Besides, they do not bear a brand name either.
Also, this Tweeter - BEE Engineering - Alain Bernard has not been used in any commercial speaker that I am aware of - except Sun Union Audio - HK & that Company has closed down - 2009 - I think.....

You are free to try your amplifier with Mr. Malvai's Speaker.
Just be 'careful'
Most Speakers get 'blown' with under power amplifiers;;;:indifferent14:

Reputed I meant reading so many good things about these speakers on this thread. Anyways, shall be cautious when pairing the amp.

Cheers
Kartick

Purely out of curiosity...Bhagwan would you like to share what was original cost to you for building/getting these speakers.
Since I am in Delhi, I am planning to go to Manav's place some day to hear these speakers...i hope it is sooner than later.
Cheers
Viraj

Sir,
This is a 'custom' Speaker.
I had it made in Italy.
I am not sure if there is any other pair in the world.
Besides, they do not bear a brand name either.
Also, this Tweeter - BEE Engineering - Alain Bernard has not been used in any commercial speaker that I am aware of - except Sun Union Audio - HK & that Company has closed down - 2009 - I think.....

You are free to try your amplifier with Mr. Malvai's Speaker.
Just be 'careful'
Most Speakers get 'blown' with under power amplifiers;;;:indifferent14:

Purely out of curiosity...Bhagwan would you like to share what was original cost to you for building/getting these speakers.
Since I am in Delhi, I am planning to go to Manav's place some day to hear these speakers...i hope it is sooner than later.
Cheers
Viraj

Sure Viraj;
I had paid 5K Euro for it - FOB Italy.
Then there was freight to India & Duty / Octroi etc.
This was in November, 2007 - I think.
I used this speaker for less than 2 months & packed it up, so it was in 9/10 condition when I sold it to MM.
If you can listen to it, please do & let me know what you think of it...
Even if you do not like it, cool; Just let me know what you felt when you heard it....
Thanks,

We should all plan a day to invade malvai's place. Someone decide!

Sir,
If I may offer a humble suggestion;
Audio should always be done alone.
Never in a Group.
No SERIOUS Listening can ever happen when there are more than 2 persons.
Go in a group to have beer & chat about audio - 100 % OK, but not to do any listening - just my observations over the years of auditioning audio gear !
:sad:

Yeah ......... I recollect the Navi Mumbai get-together!

Noisy backbenchers, especially. Me included;)

Also, there's the small matter of the sweet spot being none too wide in most setups. A crowd needs to do timesharing of the throne, and the experience gets that much diluted.

Plus MM is liable to be kicked out if proceedings get too raucous :lol:

Yeah ......... I recollect the Navi Mumbai get-together!
Some people do learn ....... ;)

Sir,
That 'R' is in ND.
You may go for a listen - just talk to MM & fix a time - take your music & listen to the speaker.....

Yes, I was a part of the Navi Mumbai 'audio-meet'
The truth as far as I am concerned - was for me to meet FM's & 'discuss' audio.
Listening [audition] can always happen @ FM's houses - controlled environment & the listening position is defined so is the seating position etc.
I have always 'lent' audio gear for demo to the audio fraternity - currently the GamuT XLR & Bertram XLR Cables are on Demo [out] !!
The 'R' was demoed by MM - before he purchased it. I even sent my current Allnic Audio Pre to ND for a demo - shipped it - after having crated it etc.
So audio demo should always be done in a 'controlled' environment with absolute silence in the surrounding environment etc. Not in a group [specially 50 ++ people] !!

Last edited:
On sunday, I had rbalagopalan from Chennai, over at my place. The listening session lasted about 4-5 hours... we played all sorts of stuff from hindi film music (Dilli 6) to Beatles (Abbey Road) to Madonna (True Blue), to Hard Rock (Led Zep) to Country Rock (eagles) to Electronic (M83) to Jazz (Diana Krall)...

these speakers did EVERYTHING very well!

They did require a lot of tweaking while set up but now, they just sound outstanding no matter what you throw at 'em!

In fact I had called Manav and asked for his availability just for a brief meeting and listening as I had couple of other relatives to be met on the same day, BUT I got clamped on to the whole system song after song and genere after genere.

The BASS was very clean, deep and at the right level at any given volume and it was unbelievable with regard to the size of the driver. Thanks to the TL technology.

We could cross listen some of the songs from FLAC thru Wyred4sound dac, CDA thru Marantz and LP thru ClearAudio and the performance was astounding in all medias. The speakers were able to handle them all well. The staging was so good that some of my favorite songs sounded differently as though i am hearing them for the first time. I felt the combination of Accuphase and these speakers is marriage made in heaven.

Some one should ''hear it to believe it'' that Accuphase is a all round performer, and the performance of the Resurrection. In fact I should have visited Manav before getting his B&W 801s from his place as I could have auditioned them with Accuphase, it would have helped me to decided whether to go in for Accuphase or Symphonic Line during my last May visit to Germany during which I bought and brought Symphonic Line RG10 MK IV Reference to pair with 801s.

With regard to Manav's hospitality - Oh it was great and many thanks.

Thanks once again Manav

R. Balagopalan

NB: I was fully occupied with my official work as I was out of office for nearly 3 weeks during last month thats why this delay in posting my visit to manav's place.

It was good to have you over Bala!
Heard a lot of tracks that I not in a lot of years!
And I could finally meet up is a great thing in itself...

do swing by again when you are in Delhi... i could not meet another FM (indroneel) recently due to a very personal thing in the family... but my doors are always open... but what to do, sometimes things don't turn out all good...

Its been quite a while since the R's were brought into the chain.... and every day reaffirms my choice! The set up is definitely sounding superb.

I find that most set ups sound great the first few months. Its only when they are not so new, that one really starts 'listening'. and that's when the quibbles start coming up.

Even here, the quibbles showed up. But just a little more tweaking of the ribbon tops and things improved dramatically.

Its been a couple of months since the tweak, and I am still happy!

I am now convinced that this set up is here to stay for the long haul!

Now to get the Garrard 401 into the chain for good!

Nice to hear the update.

Whilst I have a little envy for those who can afford to chop and change just for fun and experimentation, I'm sure that there can be no satisfaction to match that of not thinking of an upgrade as one sits down to listen to already very familiar equipment.

Wishing you and the speakers many happy years together :)

Late to the party. Congrats Manav, what a lovely story. Lovely in the sense of the satisfaction you are getting out of your setup. Very difficult to own a system that satisfies you once you have entered the audiophile (nitpickers') club. Very happy for you.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back